TWENTY THREE

Royalty's POV

I didn't utter a word about Carlos to Summer after dinner. What was the point to argue if I know I won't win, even though I had a lot of reasons not to trust him. I went to my room and wore my PJs. I was about to go sleep when I heard the door bell ring. I look at the time, it was already after midnight.

I got off the bed and slowly tip toed to the door. I open to see Rodriguez leaning against the door.

"What are you doing here at this time?" I whisper yell and frown.

"I wanted to see you bunny." He said in a soft tone. I could smell the alcohol on him.

"Rodriguez, are you drunk? I ask sniffing him. He stumbles inside and almost falls on me. I catch him holding him into my arms.

"Come on," I softly said and led him to my room. I carefully lay him on my bed and takes of his shoes.

I climb on my bed and sit folding my legs. Our eyes meet and I could see something was troubling him. His hand came top touching my face, his thumb brushing my cheek, his blur eyes twinkling like a star. "You know I missed you after you left prison."

"What's troubling you Rodriguez?" I ask quickly changing the topic. He moves his hand and heavily sighs.

"I saw my father today!" He said breathing heavily.

"Why do you say it as if it's such a bad thing?"

"I never got along with my father, conejita." He said.

He doesn't do anything and stares at the ceiling. He was lost in his own mind and I could see his eyes turning black. The anger he's been keeping for his father, his eyes said it all. I lay down next to him trying comfort him. I slowly lay my head on his chest and I feel him pull me closer to him.

"My father wasn't really a family man. He used to abuse my mother, force her to do things she didn't want. When my mother found out she was pregnant with me, she wanted to escape my father. She did end up running away, but somehow my dad found out she was pregnant and forced into marrige. Somehow during the pregnancy he took care of my mother, did everything she wanted. My father was happy that he was finally going to get a heir. Next person in line. After I was born things were normal for a while. Than all of a sudden my father changed, he became ruthless and more heartless. When I was 5 years old, He thought it would be a good idea for me to start training to be a mafia boss." He paused and took a deep breath. "In a blink of an eye my childhood was gone. My mother bagged him to wait a few more years but he refused, he thought I'd mature more quicker if I started now. I don't remember having a childhood. Just years gone by training to be next in throne." He dark chuckle escapes his mouth.

"I hate him, conejita. I hate him so much, for what he did to my mother and me." He hissed in anger. I look at him and I could see he was getting sleepy. I watch him as he slowly closes his eyes.

"I'm glad you here with me, bunny." He mutters under his breath and closed his eyes completely falls asleep.

I look at him studing his features. Rodriguez was really devishly handsome, But his eyes held pain. His jaw was locked tightly, It showed that he was stressed and angry. Something about his past hunted him. Shame man! I felt like I wanted to be there for him, to chase away his demons and be his light.

Feeling secured in his arms, I felt him start shaking. He was trembling, very cold. He looked miserable, I move closer to him and I feel him start to come down. Tears start rolling down my eyes. I was feeling his pain against me and it made shed tears. Closing my eyes, feeling the tears down my cheeks. I feel myself slowly drifting to sleep.

+++

I wake up still wrapped around Rodriguez. I slowly move him trying to not make him up. Getting of the bed I put on my slippers and went to the bathroom to brash my teeth. When I was done I left the room closing the door behind me. I was hoping Summer and Adrianna won't notice I had a guest.

The house was silent and I check in Adrianna and Summer's room to see if they were here, but the rooms were empty. I walk to the kitchen and found a letter.

Morning

I'll be working late today, so I'll be spending time with Anna and Carlos today. So Carlos came and picked us up early. I'll be back before I go to work. Have a great day!

Love Summer.

I smile reading the later and threw it away. These days were getting more and more lonely. I start preparing breakfast for Rodriguez and I. It was a weird feeling but I kinda liked it.

"Buenos dias, conejita." I heard Rodriguez's voice behind me. I turned and smiled at him.

"Morning, slept well?" I ask him sweetly.

"More than I could never imagine, conejita." He said smirking.

"Want some breakfast?" I ask him offering some pancakes.

"Mm..." he simply replied. I put two pancakes on his plate and poured him some coffee. We sat in a comfortable silence as we continued to eat our breakfast.

"Can you tell me why you were crying, conejita?" He asked softly his voice coming out deep and husky.

My eyes widened. "I-I wasn't crying." I stuttered and avoided looking at him.

"Don't lie to me conejita, I could feel you crying."

"It's nothing Rodriguez." I said softly and he doesn't ask any further questions as we continued with our breakfast.

He seemed uninterested to talk about last night and I wasn't willing to ask. I know he would get angry of I'd ask him, and I wasn't going to risk it.

Vote. Comment. Share