TWENTY EIGHT

Royalty's POV

"Hey Royalty, you have a visitor here by the name of Antoine kuznetsov." My secretary Amber said, standing in front of my office door.

"What? What did he say to you?"

"He's not leaving until he sees you." I close my taking a deep breath thinking what to do next.

A week passed and I got the job at the firm. I was provided my own personal assistant, to keep track of any of my patients that wants to see me and keep a tight schedule. I haven't seen Antoine since I quit my job. I wonder how he even knew I worked here.

"Just let him in." I tell her and she nods. A few seconds later entered Antoine giving me a soft smile. He takes a seat and takes a deep breath.

"I know you don't want to see after what happened," He paused. "But I wanted to apologize for how i pressured you into doing something out of your league."

I get up from my chair and sit on the sofa across the couch.

"Look Antoine, It's fine I'm over it. There's no need to apologize." I said to him. Hoping I could get this over and done with. I didn't visitor that are not my patience, it makes people talk.

"I have to apologize and I'm here to explain why I did what I did." He said and got me more curious.

"Oh....kay." I said dragging the word. He sighs and sits properly on the couch.

"I met Rodriguez in the military. We became friends instantly. Rodriguez and I were tight at that time, I was always bullied by the other marines because I didn't look like I belonged there. Rodriguez  helped me and how to actually be tough," He paused and chuckled to himself. I lean back against my chair carefully studying him. "For four years he was always there for me, I thought we were brothers, two peas in a pod you'd say. Than one day I fell in with a girl name Julianna. I walked in one day to see Rodriguez on top of Julianna, he grabbed her so bad and pulled a gun on her. He shot her straight through the head with no mercy on him. When he saw me he lied and told me that she betrayed me, but I couldn't believe him Julianna was the nicest person you'd ever meet, but what Rodriguez did, I couldn't come in terms to forgive him." He looked sad as he was speaking about this Julianna woman, maybe he did love her, but why would she even do that to him.

I looked at him shocked with the history they shared. This was deeper than I thought. It explains why he wanted him to stay behind bars.

"When did you find out Rodriguez was in the mafia?" I ask trying to get more out of him.

"After he killed Julianna, he tried explaining something about Julianna working for the enemy. I really wasn't sure what he was talking about. Than he told me, he is the boss of The Narcs. After that we just never saw eye to eye." He responds taking a deep breath.

"How did you feel when you found out that part of his life?"

"The fact him and I never kept things from each other, really shocked me when I found out. I just didn't know what to do when I knew. I wanted to stand beside the law, but he took the opposite direction." He shook his head as he is talking.

"Did you let him explain why he killed Julianna?"

"No, it was clear he wanted her and when I caught them, he went for the kill. I didn't want to hear him explain because it was all nonsense he was telling." He snapped.

It was clear Antoine had pure hatred towards Rodriguez, but at the same time, he cared for him. Their relationship went deeper than that. I felt like Antoine missed something between Rodriguez. I studied Antoine, i look at him, he still angry th e fact Rodriguez killed the love of his life.

My office door opened, entering Amber she stood there puzzled. "Amber, what's wrong?"

"Uhm...sorry for disturbing you, but you have a patient waiting for you." She said looking at her note book. I nod thanking her and she left.

"Well I think it's my cue to leave. I'll see you another time Royalty." He stood up, I waved him goodbye and he left.

"Amber can you bring me my patients next file, and can you let him or her in." I said to her over the phone.

The door opens revealing Amber holding a yellow file with a boy around the age of fifteen. He looked emotionless, emptiness inside of him. He looks on the ground as he sits on the couch. Amber drops the file of my table, I open to study it.

NAME: NOAH         SURMAME: CAPRI

AGE: 14         DATE OF BIRTH: 23/03/2004

His Parents died when he was 5 years old in a car accident. Has been in and out of foster homes. Been caught trying to still and had been to juvenile for 6 months.

Noah capri has a difficulty of getting along with people. Always ends up fighting with other kids at school and has been expelled in 5 different schools.

My heart broke just reading the file. Means that poor Noah has dealt with being alone and felt rejected from other people that he acts repulsive. I look at him as we were both sitting in an comfortable silence. He was looking around the office study every corner.

You could see he didn't want to be here. I don't think he's the type to easily open up and singe he's on his teenage years, it could take time. I start thinking of strategies of how to make him open up.

An idea pops up out of my mind and I smile, hoping it might work.

Vote. Comment. Share