SEVENTEEN

Royalty's POV

Incoming Call:
Antoine

"Oh God, why is he calling me." I look at my phone frustrated.

"Who is it?" Summer asked. I press ignore and put the phone away.

"Antoine. Seriously why is he calling me, I don't want to talk him after the way he treated me." I frown. He sent me messages saying he wanted to talk to him. I wasn't interested in hearing what he had to say. It would probably be about Rodriguez and I was tired of hearing about him.

"Cut him some slack. The pressure is probably getting to him." She said as she grabs some snacks from the kitchen and walked in the sitting room holding some bag of chips.

"You have 2 minutes to talk before I hang up." I grab my phone roughly and answer in frustration.

"No please. I want to apologize for my behaviour. I'll tell you why I hate Rodriguez, I'll tell you anything you want to know." He said softly, you could hear he was sorry about how he treated me but I wasn't going to believe it till I see it. "But I can't tell you over the phone."

"Fine, we'll talk tomorrow at the office." I hung up without sparing him a word.

"That was cold," Summer chuckles softly, quickly quieting herself focusing on the movie we were watching. I had to put on a brave face, if not I know Antoine might push me to do something I don't even want to do.

Although I was happy that Antoine will finally tell me the truth about his past with Rodriguez. He wasn't going to make my job easier if he was keeping such information from me. You think it's easy having to find a way for someone to actually blurt out their past. People are afraid of being judged by their past. It just makes it harder for a therapist to make someone pour out their feelings.

I didn't say anything through the rest of the movie, I just kept looking at my phone, pacing myself with the  wine. The last thing I needed was to wake up with a hangover tomorrow. I turn to see Summer already sleeping on the couch. I go to her room, grab her a blanket and cover her. I switch of the TV and the house lights and went to my room to go sleep.

I roll of my bed as the bright sun blazes through my window. It was already morning and I was not in mood to go work. It hasn't been long since I've been working there and I'm already sick and tired. Maybe my mom was right I should just have choosen a different career, like Abnormal psychology or clinical psychology.

Abnormal psychology tries to work out what differences there are between people who are healthy and people who have a mental illness and clinical psychology is about finding the best way to help people recover from mental illness.

It would have been much safer for me either than work with criminals. After dressing up, I went to the kitchen to make breakfast. I woke up very early today, I could hardly sleep anyway. I was thinking about Rodriguez and what was going to happen today.

"Morning, " I hear Summer's voice as she walks in the kitchen. I'm wondering what she so hyped about. It was actually weird but maybe a good thing also.

"Morning, I'm making some pancakes. Want some?" I ask smiling at her. "Why you so cheerful this morning?"

"Well no reason. Can't a girl be happy." She smiled excitingly and took a seat.

"Ain't you suppose to be getting ready for work and get Adrianna ready for school." I ask as I put a plate next to her. I serve some pancakes for her and I.

"I'm off today, and Adrianna is still sleeping." She said taking a bite out of her pancakes. I nod and put some whipcream on top.

"So I wanted to ask you a favor?" She asked in a soft voice like she was afraid to ask me.

"Depends?" I smirk at her and give her a playful look.

"Do you mind picking up Adrianna from pre school and watching her on friday, I have a double shift?"

"Don't you work at a restaurant?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Yeah but my boss is hosting this thing at the restaurant and he wants me to work a double shift. I'm going to be home late," She said. "Plus he'll be paying me extra and I'll be getting more tips." She adds.

"Ok fine, Friday I'll be coming home early anyway, so it's fine with me." I smile and nod at her. After finishing up my pancakes I put away my plate and went to get my stuff.

"I'll see you later, I have to go to work." I said and left the apartment. Here goes my day. Today is the day Antoine going to tell me the truth.

I was stuck in traffic, this traffic is very heavy and I knew I was going to be late for work. So I made sure to text Antoine.

{To Antoine:} I'm stuck in traffic. I know we suppose to talk, but I don't think we going to have time. Can we talk tomorrow about this?

I sigh in annoyance, too tired to work today. I hear  my phone ring and I see a message from Antoine.

{From Antoine:} Sure! Fine with me.

I switch of my phone and through my head back in frustration.

Vote. Comment. Share