TWENTY ONE

Royalty's POV

"Hola conejita," Greeted Rodriguez with a devilish smirk on his face. He took a few steps in the apartment and my eyes went wide realizing about Summer's dinner and I didn't want to ruin it for her.

"No, you have to leave now." I said with a serious face turning to see if Summer was going to appear. I push him out the door till he was completely outside

"I came here to see you. Why should I leave?" He asked folding his arms.

"Please go-

We were interrupted by someone. I turn on my right to see a man looking at both of us confused. He was probably Summer's guest.

"I'm sorry, Please come in," I smile at him and pointed him inside. "Make yourself comfortable, Mi casa su casa."

He nods look at Rodriguez like they knew each other and he went inside the apartment. I turn to see an angry Rodriguez in front of me.

"Leave now Rodriguez, and I won't tell you again." I yell at him trying to not raise my voice.

"So other men can come here and make themselves comfortable, while I'm kicked out like a dog." He said angrily and I roll my eyes.

"Look we'll talk about this some other time, but right now isn't the time." I tell him pointing out the way for him to leave. He doesn't say a word and storms away angry. I finally release a deep breath and went in the apartment.

"Carlos baby, you finally here." I see Summer running to the man and hugging him. I scan the man and he was very handsome. I wouldn't blame Summer for falling for him, but I can't be sure yet.

"I heard yelling outside, who was at the door?" Summer asked.

"No one you need to worry about, come on let's have dinner." I said with a tight smile.

"Oh by the way, I'd like you to meet my friend and roommate Royalty and my daughter Adrianna." Summer introduced us to the handsome fellow next to her.

"Royalty, this is my boyfriend Carlos." I nod and shake his hand. I take Adrianna's hand as we both follow them to the dinning table.

Carlos didn't tell me much about him, but he was very secretive about his life. Didn't say much about where he works, he would avoid such questions, but either than that he was really a nice guy. He would make jokes with Adrianna and Summer, they looked like a perfect family. Watching them laugh together, I couldn't help but smile.

"So Carlos, where you from?" I ask.

"I'm from Colombia." He replies and Summer turns to him smiling.

"Really, which part?" I was curious about him, he doesn't seem like a typical guy.

"Bogota!" He answered. "Cool, my grandfather is originally from there."

"Really, who's your grandfather?" He asked cocking up his eyebrow. I was about to answer him when I was interrupted by the phone.

"Excuse me," he said standing up.

"Sí el patrón." I heard him say, but he walked further in the sitting room. I peak curious who he's talking too.

"So tell me what do you think about him? Summer asked with a big grin.

"Well, He's not bad and he's really good looking, but there's really something off about him." I said.

"Of course that's what you would think Royalty," She muttered. "But Carlos is a really great guy."

I was about to answer her when Carlos entered the room. "Babe I'm really sorry, but I have to cut this dinner short. My boss wants me at work."

He kissed her and Adrianna on the cheek and bid me good bye.

"I'll let this one slide Summer because he seems like a good guy." I said and Summer smiles at me.

+++

Rodriguez's POV

I storm out of Royalty's building. I was angry at the fact she is pushing me out. She allows other men in her apartment but not me.

A month ago, I didn't even know that she quit her job. I felt like this had to do with our deal. Antoine came and blamed me for everything that happened. He took me out of my cell and took me to the place where we always tortured for punishment, I honestly hated that place. If Antoine wasn't a big deal in force I would have killed him years ago. I can't stand him anymore and I had to find a way to get out of prison.

I figured Antoine is still angry about what happened 10 years ago, I thought at this time he'd be over it. It wasn't my fault anyway, it happened because of him. I hear my phone ring when I entered my car.

Incoming Call:
Rovach

"Talk, I'm listening." I said frustrated.

"You need to come to the warehouse now Alejandro, we have trouble." He said firmly and hang up. I sighed and rushed to the warehouse hoping it was nothing major.

"I've been trying to call you for a while now, Alejandro." Said Rovach.

"Tell me what Rovach?" I asked running my hand through my hair and faced him.

"We ran into some trouble with the shipments that arrived at Miami today." Rovach replied.

I was about to answer when the guy from earlier I saw, at Royalty's apartment. I watched him walk in and my eyes instantly went dark filled with anger and confusion.

"Who's this? You've got some explaining to do on what's happening?" I ask my voice cold.

"This is Carlos, He's in charge with the shipments." Rovach said sternly. I nod and shake hands with Carlos, giving him a nasty look.

"I didn't know we were recruiting." I narrow my eyes at Rovach.

"We not, but I needed someone to help me with the shipments while you were inside." He answered calmly.

"Why didn't you inform me of this Rovach?" I asked looking at him gravely.

"I was to busy to tell about this Alejandro, it's not a big deal anyway." He replied curtly.

Vote. Comment. Share