TWENTY FIVE

Royalty's POV

"Hi, I'm here for an interview with Mr Arthur Bateman." I said to the receptionist.

Finally after applying for a job, I got accepted to the Psychology form. They accept any kind of psychologist, it was my chance to finally work at a normal firm, but I was slightly nervous. I wasn't sure I was going to get accepted because I quit my job.

"Royalty Martinez?" She said looking at her laptop. I nod nervously clinging to my bag.

"Great, Mr Bateman's office is on the 5th floor to your right just walk straight. You'll meet his secretary, just tell her you here for an interview." She said professionally. I nod and went to the elevator, pressing the button written 5.

Finally getting to the 5th floor, I turn write and walked straight. I see a woman already waiting.

"Miss Martinez, Mr Arthur's been waiting for you. Please come in Mr Arthur will be here in a minute." She said showing me the office. She opens the door for me and I enter the empty office. I take a seat and look around the office.

It had a lovely view, very neat and classy, better than a prison office. After just a minute I hear the door open and a tall man on his late 50s with foxy white hair and green eyes.

"You must be Royalty Martinez?" He said with a smile and I extend my hand to reach for a hand shake.

I nod. "Pleasure meeting you Mr Arthur."

"Miss Martinez, please tell me about yourself?"

"I am 25 years old, I have a master degree in criminal psychology. I'm am only child, I live with a friend and her daughter, both my parents are still alive. I enjoy being outdoors, nature is something that I can be able to observe how we all live our life.-"

"Okay why did you study criminal psychology?" He asked cutting me off.

"I took an interest in criminal psychology because I wanted to understand the mind of a criminal. I wanted to understand their reason behind why they choose to live a life like this. It intrigued me to know a human mind can be evil and deceiving and make a person to do such wrong deeds." I said lost in my thoughts.

"Mmm....tell me why you want this job?" He asks. I look at him as I see him writing down something.

"Well I want this job, because I want to know if I can be able to help people change their ways. To know they still have hope and they can be able to change their ways. I want to listen to their problems and try to find a solution for them-"

"Please stop right there Miss Martinez, I'll call you if you got the job." I nod and stood up from the chair and left. I honestly didn't expect to finish this early, it's like that man didn't even want to here what I wanted to say cause he kept on cutting me off. I was annoyed but I just hoped i got the job.

The interview didn't drag that long and It was still early. I walked out the building and went to my car. Stopping by a near by park, I bought some ice cream and set at the bench. My mind was lost in what happened on Saturday, things just turned out so unexpected. The fact Summer called Rodriguez, Alejandro even confused me more. Going back to Saturday I remembered my conversation  with Adrianna later that night. It outstanding how a child can tell from just a look.

After Rodriguez left I was left alone. This proved to me that something happened between Rodriguez and Summer in the past. I'm curious to know what happened to them. Summer won't tell me anything and I know Alejandro doesn't even know about Summer living with me.

I walked to Summer's room and found it locked, I knock on the door but she didn't answer. I stand closer on the door and tried to listen. I could hear her sobbing from the other side of the room. I wonder why she was crying, there was really something I didn't understand up Summer.

I sigh and went to check on Adrianna. I open the door to find her playing with her dolls.

"Anna, why ain't you sleeping?" I asked her as I pick her up and put her on her bed. I sit next to her and tuck her in.

"Tía, can I ask you something?" She said looking at me with puppy eyes and I nod. I couldn't resist those beautiful eyes of hers and every time I look at them I just see Alejandro's eyes.

"Is that man my father?" I was shocked by the sudden question. How can she even tell from just looking at him. Ok I also did guess from the exact same eyes they both had.

"Anna, why do you think so?" I raise my eyebrow.

"That's because he has the same eyes as me." I was stunned by her words. She was very clever and I'm surprised she even took a notice. Any other five year old would have not guessed that.

"I don't really know Anna." I mumbled under my breath and hugged her closer to me.

"Do you want me to sing you the song my Elsa and Anna's mother would sing for them?" She nods excitingly. She loved that song from Frozen 2.

where the north wind meets the sea
There's a river full of glimmering
Sleep my darling safe and sound
For in this river all is found ♩

I smile watching her fall asleep. After finishing singing the song. I switched of the bedroom lights and went to Summer's room to go check on her. I open the door and it was unlocked. I peak to see her sound asleep. At least she was able to open the door. I sigh and went to bed.

Vote. Comment. Share