Chapter Twenty Three: Trouble?

When I finally woke I found that the twins were no where to be seen. Yet I felt as if the had only been here just a few minutes ago as their lingering warmth seemed to have remained.

I slowly rose feeling my body groan at the movement. But it was not quite as bad a yesterday and that thought slowly brought a smile to my face because no matter what that man does to me he cannot break me.

I looked around the host room before finding myself just sitting for a moment and taking it all in. The atmosphere, the quietness, and the sense of emptiness that felt so foreign in this room.
When I finally seemed to refocus, I checked the time only to be surprised. It felt like I had been asleep all day but in fact in must have only been and hour and a bit. Because it would currently be lunch time.

So I slowly got up and made my wya out of the host club room I hopes of finding some of the host club just to sit with as being alone right now let my mind wander to horrible things like my impending future.

Yet on my way to the cafeteria. I was dumped into by someone hurtling down the hallway. The wind was knocked out of me and I suddenly was falling but that wouldn't last as someone wrapped their arms around my back and quickly caught me.

And to my shock that persons face was... The Twins? I must admit they looked quite shocked themselves but after a moment I regained my footing and kaoru retracted his hands.

We take a moment and just Stare at each other and I see the slowly growing tint of guilt flash through the twins eyes.
"We are really sorry about making you miss class Kaito" Hikaru cried out suddenly only to be quicky followed by: "We didn't mean to make you miss lunch so we thought we'd get you some food but it seems you woke up"  kaoru cried suddenly
"Please don't be mad, we were only upset and we just wanted to have a moment, we found out some bad news that is all sorry!" Hikaru interrupted his brother.

I slowly looked up, my hood still covering my face. And I just nodded my head trying to calm them down a bit but their eyes still held guilt buried deep within them.

So I just grabbed both of their arms and slowly started heading to the lunch hall. My mind was racing about what bad news that the twins could have gotten. We're they in trouble? Did they do something? Are they hurt? I couldn't help it my mind was racing and I just felt so helpless as we approached the rest of the group.

Who a seemed to have concerned expressions plastered on their faces. I couldn't help but want to run away and hide, everything was just happening to quickly. Getting paired with strangers, joining the host club, the twins, my parents. I felt as though I might suffocate.

I sat the twins down despite my internal battle and tried to reassure everyone that I was not upset. But I could tells that even though the twins had gone back to joking and playing that something was just off.

Time skip

It wasn't long after lunch when we were all about to separate when tamaki grabbed my arm and ask whether he could "have a word with me really quick". We waited a few minutes for everyone tk leave before he turned to me and with a mostly serious face said "is something wrong with the twins they have been off all day?". I couldn't hell but be surprised I didn't take tamaki as the observant type but apparently he was.

I fiddled with my hands as I slowly shrugged "They said they had bad news". Tamaki seemed to understand from that statement that I really didn't know a that much. But nonetheless he still seemed concerned and apprehensive and I could help but feel the same.