Chapter Forty Two: Together?

Kaito Pov

I couldn't process anything, but it was like the flood gates opened as he approached me. But the last thing I would ever expect for him to do in that moment was to wrap his arms around me. Pulling me close to him wrapping his arms around me.

The tears wouldn't stop falling no matter how much I wanted them to and as much as I tried not to let them ruin Kyoya's pyjamas, but he wouldn't let me pull even the tiniest bit away.

It was strange to be held like this it had only happened one other time really and that was with the twins when they got me to join the host club which was really set up by Kyoya in the first place.

But I couldn't really focus all I knew was that Kyoya was warm and he felt safe like one of those big blankets you can bundle yourself up in. It was slightly overwhelming, but I must admit it made me think just maybe that Kyoya could like me even if it is in the smallest form.

That would be good enough for me. That would be better than anything I could ever imagen.

It was a fairly long time before Kyoya let go and I felt my body wanting to continue the hug just for a second longer but I knew that you shouldn't want for affection otherwise you may get to greedy.

But nonetheless when Kyoya looked at me after pulling back from the hug I suddenly felt very self-conscious. Did I still have my makeup on maybe I should go and reapply it. But as I was about to dash off in a rush to fix my face. Kyoya grabbed my arms making me gasp and freeze turning to him so confused that I couldn't bear it.

That's when something I never ever thought would happen even in the most remote parts of my imagination. He had grabbed my hands gently pulling me back towards him. Before wrapping one of his arms securely around my face.

It was quite sudden, that he was once again really close to me. I felt myself wanting to hide fearing that my make-up may have been ruined entirely. I moved around Trying to get out of his grip but to no result. So, I settled on looking away from him. But Kyoya wouldn't settle for that.

His other hand gently reached under my chin and lifted my head up ever so slightly making me look directly at his face. He had this funny look on his face, and I didn't really know what to think. But when he moved closer to me. And I mean really close.

My face heated up; this was kind of embarrassing. But what made my cheeks really heat up was when a pair of lips found their way onto mine. I had so shocked me this I didn't move or even blink. And then it was over. Like a spit second.

It was like everything froze in that moment. I didn't really know what to do. It was such a warm gesture that in the moment I couldn't help but want to know what it really meant.

Yet Kyoya still had that warm look on his face that could only be described as warm I don't know what else it could be. It just looked warm. I don't understand. Maybe I need to go over reading people again. My father would be disappointed if he knew of my confusion here.

Kyoya pulled away giving me a smile before in a really soft voice said "You didn't have to get me anything, but I must admit it will feel nice to have something that you have given me. So, thank you".

I felt a though I had let out a massive breath of air that I had been holding in. Knowing that he was happily and thinking back to when he said he could never be mad at me. I know that Kyoya is safe. Maybe Kyoya is... Alright to trust. He doesn't seem like the type to hurt me.

But then neither did they at the time.

Nonetheless I watched happily as Kyoya grabbed my hand and lead me to the table sitting me down in the chair next to him before carefully grabbing the present I had wrapped and began opening.

The feelings of worry on whether he liked it or not returned but as I looked at kyoya I didn't feel scared. But what does this actually mean I have no clue.