Chapter Twenty Four: The Awkward Silence

I was slowly becoming consumed by my worry for both my future and for what ever was bugging the twins. I felt sick to my stomach. Something wasn't right.

However as the day continued it neared closer to the club time where the sickening feeling would increase as every tick on the clock. And when it finally was time for the host club we all set up for itike normal.

Everyone was trying to pretend that they didn't feel what was off even honey seemed out of it. As a deadly silence beyond real sound hung in the atmosphere. It was suffocating. Yet nonetheless I wandered up to kyoya and simply stared at him for a nomen knowing that my message would reach him loud and clear.

He sighed looking up from his computer before meeting my gaze. "You know kaito that sometimes you could just communicate using words" his voice was deeper than normal but still held a slight joking tone. And I couldn't help but smile. "You'll be working with me today" I nodded fully understanding.

I filled out a chair one away from him only to look back up and see him raising an eyebrow at me questioningly. I sighed now knowing exactly what he was about tl say. So I shuffled closer and pulled out the chair next to him. Which to my annoyance caused a rather satisfied looked to appear on his face.

I felt a little bit of relief in that moment as everything felt normal again just in that one very moment. However it wouldn't last as my eyes flickered over to the twins and their table only to see what I could onyl call fake smiles that looked pained and strained.

I felt myself dull but knowing that I would also have to put on a brave face I carefully shuffled even closer to kyoya. Before carefully placing my head on his shoulder making sure to avoid his arms as he was still typing.

I let my eyes close and tried to relax. I felt kyoya chuckle slightly before the doors of the host club were opened and girls came flooding in and the loud sqeauls nearly sent me flying. "OMG look kaito is with kyoya again n!!!!!". I swear to you that it sounded exactly like a herd of bulls stampeding  into the room.

So I slowly lifted my head up off of kyoya shoulder to inspect his face only to notice that he look a bit stressed and his face was tense. So I carefully raised my hand and booped him on the nose. Smiling slightly as I did.

He turned towards me with an amused smile on his face and smirked slightly "Yes Kaito?" I could feel the teasing in his voice as he said it. Almost immediently making me huff out of frustration. "You look stressed" I murmured just loud enough for kyoya to hear while the girls conspried about what we could be discussing. He seemed troubled by my response and met my eye which caused our faces to be very close together before he spoke in a very low whispering voice "I have been informed that I will have to begin courting someone later this week". The idea stunned me for a moment me and kyoya were both meeting our soon to bes on the same week. How unfortunate. I can't believe that kyoya would have to be forced into marriage I can't help but feel like he would be a suitable match for most people ecuase despite his cold exterior he has a warm heart.

I on the other hand would make a massive failure of a husband as how can I truly be relied on by a yone if I can't even stand to look at my own face any more. I stared at him for a good while with him returning my gaze. "The Twins found out somehow and I think they are concerned about the future of the club". Suddenly it hit me does that mean that the club would be dispanded if kyoya marries someone. The thought brought up a lot of mixed feelings for me some relief and others total dread. As I had only recently begun to make friends and learn out to look at people again.

But I guess that did shed one of my worries as I now know that not much appears to be wrong with the twins or at least to the level that I had originally thought. I slowly nodded at kyoya only to get a grimace in reply before he slowly turned to look back at his computer.

So I slowly lowered my head back down on his shoulder and tried to sort through the thoughts rushing though my brain.

Once again the deadly silence fell upon us.