Chapter Twenty Eight: Exposed

When I could finally catch up to what had actually happened we were already getting into the limo and my world seemed to come crashing down and the panic hit me . I couldn't understand what was happening to much had happened  but there was one thing that I did understand above all else.

That I could not mess this  up otherwise it would be the end of me. Either be kicked out and forgotten by Kyoya or meet a worse far by the hands of someone I feared a whole lot more. So i carefully got into the vehicle making sure that my hood still covered the majority of my face as I could not face him seeing me just yet I could only face one thing at a time despite the knowledge that one day he would in fact have to see the monster that hid underneath.

That thought honestly terrified me I just couldn't handle it at the moment so I pushed it to the back of my thoughts and continued to try to hold some kind of dignity so Kyoya would not see what I didn't want him to. I felt so manipulative but I had to be for...for my father and my family.

We sat in the back of limo as Kyoya gave the driver some location that I didn't think to be of great importance at the current time. And for the first time during this meeting I opened my mouth to speak "I am sorry for my reaction, it was very inappropriate of me to not respond to you earlier, it is just I was not provided any information whatsoever about this engagement apart from the fact that there was one." I tried to sound a sophisticated as I could to try to ... i don't know impress Kyoya? I don't want him to hate me.

but what happened next made me freeze. Kyoya grabbed my chin gently yet firmly enough to be significance  and lifted my head. I paused for a second but immediately came back to reality and tried to lower my head but Kyoya seemed have predicted that I would do this and yanked the hood off of my head.

I gasped and took a moment flailing in attempts to get my hood back up but Kyoya wouldn't let me and grabbed both of my wrists and held them in front of me with a patient look in his eyes. "I understand now why this may be so shocking for you but I do not want you to change the way that you act towards me I quite like the Kaito that I met at the club but this Kaito is foreign and fake". I took a sharp in take of air as he looked into my eyes for a moment as I waited for the moment that he would be repulsed and look away but he stared back at me despite the fact that I had no contacts, no make- up and no hood.

I felt my body relax slowly as I felt as though it was like he was blind and couldn't see my flaws or just how ugly I truly am. He seemed to notice this and a soft smile appeared on his face. But it suddenly flickers back to a stern face like something had crossed his mind and I panicked I felt like he was going to hate me forever in that moment and I wanted to get away. I start trying to move again but once again kyoya over-powered my and held my arms still. "I was not thinking about you, I was actually thinking about your father, I didn't like his character very much." This shocked me and I couldn't  help be so confused in that moment it almost hurt how much my brain was whizzing around.

All I knew was that the feeling of being exposed was slowly drifting away as I could not focus on anything but Kyoya and those last words he had said "I didn't like his character very much" It echoed around my brain almost painfully.