Chapter Forty Five: Fear And Darkness

Kaito Pov
I felt my heart drop but I knew better than to let it impact on what I was doing and how I conduct myself throughout the rest of the day but inside I felt sick. I shared a look with Kyoya just after he had sat down and it made my skin go cold the strange look he was giving me. It was almost like he was angry at me for something.

When I hadn't done anything to my knowledge to upset him but I am almost certain that when he said that he could never be mad at me that he meant it. Unless he doesnt mean what he says. I didn't know what to do throughout the entire of the host club. I tried to act normal and happy but all I really wanted to do was ask Kyoya what was going on and what was wrong what had upset him. Did I do it but I had to wait.

Wait until the end of the host club maybe even longer than that and my facade of happiness was starting to crumble. Had something gone wrong with the wedding? Was it my fault? This was the entire reason that my family needed me. To get married to someone to extend our companies connections and to serve my partner and look after the families interests. They wouldn't need me otherwise.

I can't handle this. The not knowing. It was slowly breaking me. But nonetheless I had to try to help out with everyone like normal. Managed to uphold the appearance until the end of the host club when I turned to face Kyoya. He gave me a stern look as if saying not now.

I felt like I had been stabbed it was clear that Kyoya was angry with me and I had no clue why. But I felt the worst... Worse than I ever have and it is all because I got my hopes up again.
People never change.

I helped clean up the host club knowing that it was the decent thing to do. But I was slowly getting more and more upset as the seconds went past.

Once it was finally clean we had the usual meeting where Tamaki and Kyoya discussed what they would like to do theme wise for the club and the twins kept making jokes. But I couldn't really pay attention to the conversation.

And before I knew it me and Kyoya were on our way back to... Home... I mean house. We didn't speak at all. We both just sat there staring forwards pretending not to notice each others existence when in reality I just wanted to know what was going on.

But we sat in silence.

The car drive last for absolutely ever and when it was over we were still in silence. But this time I got out of the car only to be greeted by Kyoya directly in front of me.

He grabbed my wrist gently and pulled me into the house. The small amount of contact that me and him had was so nice but I felt off and odd. I didn't know what to expect him to say.

He us both down on the sofa before proceeding to grasp both of my hands in his. I felt so nervous that I was shackin slightly and that must have become very apparent to Kyoya since he was the one holding my hand.

"I... Um don't know how to tell you this but your dad offer to... Um... Sell your families business to my family and in that... I'm deal... He has offered to... Um...give.. You away for a certain amount of money"

What. What did he just say? Where am I? The world has gone fuzzy. Everything is fading. What was happening before now?

What? What did he just say?

"And because my family declined paying the extra charge for you, he wants you to go back home with him."

With father, I thought he wanted to get me married, is he trying to... To...sell me off to the highest bidder. No he couldn't. He wouldn't. Would he?

" My family however has legal rights to you since your father signed that contract you remember? " he was speaking so kindly but it sounded like bullets. I nodded in return because I remember him having to lean on my back for it.

"My family and me under no circumstances are going to give you up, we have already announced our marriage therefore, we believe that you are already part of our family".

"Kyoya, what does this mean, I am confused?" he took a deep breath looking me in the eye. "We are going to have to fight your father throughout this process now but that doesn't change anything in my mind."

I nodded. So... No... I don't really understand. What is this nonsense, why would my father do this?

"That is if you yourself would like to continue eventually getting married to me?"

What did he just say... No... He doesn't want me. My dad doesn't want me. No one wants me. That when suddenly a soft darkness surrounded me I could feel nothing but a numb sense of cold and fear.

I am scared.