Chapter Thirty Nine : Clear To Me

Kaito Pov
It became very clear to me pretty quickly that Kyoya was conflicted about something ever since last night after that really weird moment when I was cooking. We didn't really talk after that moment at all really but we just sat together while I watched TV and he did his work like normal. But the entire time I couldn't focus everything just seemed way to weird.

I don't know what to think, kyoya's way of living is way too different from mine but at least I don't have to practice anymore. Well... At least for now.

Yet all morning Kyoya has seemed really distant and I can't help but think that I might have upset him so I guess I should find some way to make it up to him. But I really am not sure how to. I never really been in a situation where I have made anyone other than my family upset before.

I guess maybe some sort of present, but I have no clue what Kyoya likes so far. Maybe I should ask the host club about it. They seem to know a lot about Kyoya so maybe they can tell me what he likes.

But then I would have to find time to secretly buy it for him and in all honestly there isn't much time when I am away from him out of school. Since we live together now which I am clearly not used to just yet because well I guess it is a little bit awkward. We used to be friends I guess you could say and now we are more than friends without even knowing whether we actually like each other. I really like Kyoya, but I really don't know whether he even liked me as a friend before this all happened mainly because Kyoya is so hard to read.

Normally I can read a lot of different people and understand them pretty quickly but with Kyoya and other people within the host club sometimes it can seem impossible.

So, we went to school like every other normal day and proceeded to go around the school day separately like every other day other I guess... normal day? But I don't really know what normal is at this point. I felt pretty comfortable around the host club as the twins were still being pretty overprotective of me and that I guess makes me feel a little bit more secure and safe when I am wandering around. There have been a few whispers throughout the hall as I walk past but apart from that not really much has happened related to telling everyone.

I guess that may be related to the twins always following me around when Kyoya isn't around me at all. I think that Kyoya must have told them to look after me or maybe he didn't, but I don't think I understand why they would if he hadn't told them.

So as we were heading to lunch I made it my objective to ask a few of the host club members about what Kyoya like but I don't know how I will pay for it maybe I can try to make use of the few savings that I have managed to hide from my father over the years. It isn't much but I might just be able to do it.

I was walking with the twins when I first tried asking someone. "Um... What does Kyoya like?" I said it fairly quietly quite embarrassed about having to ask in the first place since you know the whole engagement thing. But to my surprise it seemed that they both heard me loud and clearly and after they suddenly stopped dead in their tracks and had quite strange expressions on their faces.

Honestly, it's kind of made me jump when they suddenly turned around like that. One of them gripped lightly on my shoulder looking conflicted slightly a thing that is become all too familiar to me recently and I have no clue why.

He turned to me and quite simply said "What do you mean?" I felt a bit stupid now understanding that I hadn't really been truly clear

with what I was actually asking about. So after taking a fairly deep breath I said still quietly "Like what does he like...um...present wise...that I could you know give him" Even though I knew exactly what I wanted to say when I tried really saying it, it came out once again not very clear but they seemed to get it as their faces lit up and they looked at each other smiling before back at me.

"Your giving Kyoya a gift?" Hikaru said fairly softly without a bit harshness to be found which gave me a bit of comfort to be totally honest. But I still felt shy as I nodded, not being able to meet their eyes or even really look at their faces anymore which they couldn't really tell since like normal I had my hood over my head still.

"Why not get him some flowers or something cute like that?". The response was quick, and it enable me to be able to consider for a moment before nodding. I guess Kyoya might like flowers maybe I won't have to ask too many people in the host club about this then. But as we entered the cafeteria and we sat down a better idea pinged into my mind.

As I looked at Kyoya on his fairly old and beaten up computer, I knew that he may appreciate getting a new and more modern computer but that was when reality hit me and I had to wonder whether I would be able to afford a computer that good. I began to mull over everything wondering about what I could do to really make Kyoya understand that I was terribly sorry for upsetting him even though I have no clue what it might have been. Maybe it was the way that I acted last night since that was the most recent thing but in reality, it could have been from any time.