Chapter Thirty One: Our breakfast

Kaito Pov

I woke up with a start, my mind racing and my heart pounding. I quickly shut off my alarm before checking the time. I shrugged to myself not knowing what I was expecting to see as I looked at the time and saw 6:00am. I sat for a moment only to be surprised when their was a light knock on my door. I carefully got out of my bed from underneath the covers folding it over slightly.

Before walking quietly over to the door and cautiously opening it. I saw Kyoya he too looked like he had only just woken up. His hair was messy, he was wearing some soft looking blue  pajamas. It was quite nice to see Kyoya looking a bit less stiff and more relaxed. I slowly opened my door further. 

Kyoya seemed to be still waking up as he said "Do you want to eat breakfast together before we get ready to leave?" His voice was raspy and it seemed like he was struggling to stay awake to I softly nodded. Kyoya yawned nodding back before slowly  walking away. I slowly flowed behind him as to be totally honest I forgot to try and learn my way around the house.

He walked into the nice room that me and Kyoya had spent the majority of yesterday just sitting together. I did some crocheting and he was on his computer the majority of the time. It was nice I actually enjoyed being in someones company without having to try to have a fluent conversation with them as I must admit I am not the most social person that there is.

We carefully walked into the room  and I noticed that there was now a few people running around the kitchen which Kyoya quickly seemed to gesture for them to leave. Before he headed to the toaster and slowly placed four pieces of toast within the toaster. I found it quite amusing watching him moving around the kitchen automatically. 

Before, I knew it however there was a plate of very lovely looking  toast placed in front of me before long and  a Kyoya flopping down beside me on the sofa munching his own food. I must admit the food was nice or a nice as a good bit of toast could be. But afterward my throat was feeling a bit dry so I went up to get me and Kyoya a glass of water each. He smiled at me lightly now seeming to be more awake than before.

Once he was finished then he told me that he was going to get ready to leave and that I should probably do the same. I just nodded slightly. I went back up to my room now remembering where exactly it was. I got ready, I brushed my hair, my teeth and washed my face. I grabbed my contacts afterwards carefully placing them in . 

When I was finally ready I headed back downstairs to the living room. Only to see Kyoya now appearing very smartly within his school cloths and holding a his computer bag. When he was me he looked up but he suddenly seemed much more concerned than previously this morning.

He faced me directly now and suddenly spoke "We will have to tell the rest of the club about our engagement". I was stunned how could I have forgotten about the host club. My breathe suddenly became sharp and I couldn't help but just want to run back up to my room but the little voice in the back of my head told me that if I did Kyoya may be upset or mad with me for acting so irresponsible and maybe... just maybe cancel the engagement. I can't let that happen because who knows what my father would do to me or even worse... No I can't think about that right now.

I slowly nodded despite the sickly feeling bubbling through my body making me feel weak and useless. I hesitantly spoke " If you want to..." My voice was quiet and scare but nonetheless Kyoya must have heard it. Since he seemed slightly conflicted but nodded at me in return. 

"Shall we get ready to leave then Kaito?"