Chapter Thirty Two: Explanations

Kaito Pov

We were nearly there now. I mean we were nearly at school now. Both me and Kyoya were sitting in this big black car of some type about a few minutes away from the school and I couldn't help but slowly become more and more worried. I felt like there was more and more pressure slowly being put on my shoulders. Isn't it technically my fault that the twins were upset the other day and the Kyoya was worried.

A question seemed to repeat through my head over and over again. What if they hate me?

I know I was probably just being stupid but I can't help it I am stupid, it is just part of my nature. I stared out the window feeling my heart racing and my mind unable to focus. When I nearly went flying as suddenly someone's hand was placed on mine making me jump out of my skin.

I quickly turned my head from the window and towards the owner of the hand which was of course Kyoya. He looked at me in an odd expression that honestly looked quite strange appearing on Kyoya's face. "I can do the talking if you would like...  you aren't upset with me are you? I just don't want people to miss understand us and start rumors" He seemed so hesitant which to be honest was so unlike Kyoya that it was almost comedic.

Yet the soft comforting words were very sweet and made me warm slightly for a reason that I didn't really understand but for some reason it just relaxed me. I felt lighter but the heavy weight of responsibility  was still hanging on my shoulders. I slowly nodded before saying slowly and quite quietly "I'm just nervous... sorry". I became more embarrassed as each character left my mouth. And my face was almost definitely heating up and going red.

Kyoya seemed reaffirmed by my statement however as he nodded stiffly back seemingly with a lot more confidence than that he had displayed before which I considered to be a good thing.

That is when the car pulled up to the large pink school. I was calmer than before but the thought of getting out the car with Kyoya in front of so many people had me nervous all over again. I wasn't worried about me being seen with him. I was more worried about him being seen with me. If that makes any sense whatsoever. I just really want to make sure that no one thinks bad of Kyoya as isn't that kind of my job as he fiance to not be a burden on him in his life.

But nonetheless Kyoya got out of the car with his hand still firmly grasping mine before he turned around and carefully gestured at me to get out too. I gulped trying to bury my nerves that were all to close to the surface. Before, I slowly got out. Standing up I quickly made sure that my hoodie's hood was secured around my head and that there was nothing else wrong with my appearance.

Only to look back up and see a very troubled looking Kyoya. This made the suppressed feeling I had flare up and all I could hear was him say it over and over and over again "Useless". But that was when suddenly Kyoya stuck out his arm to me. It shocked me so much that I actually had to pause for a moment but that was when I realized that I was being rude by  just standing there so I quickly put my arm in his before he suddenly started walking pulling me with him.

I kept my head down and tried to honestly make myself as invisible as possible I could feel the looks of so many people. The questioning looks, the ones with curiosity but the worst ones were the judging ones. Kyoya was almost certainly right we needed to explain to people very quickly and the only way it appeared that we could do that  was give a lot of people the explanations that they wanted