Chapter Forty Four: No

Kaito Pov

Despite the strange conversations that I have had this morning, I funnily enough when the twins walked in late like normal didn't feel irritated today. Maybe it was because of the fact that everything had been quite serious recently and they are rarely serious. So when they start their usual antic making the girls faint and all of that, it brought a smile to my face very quickly.

But the moment I realized that I was actually smiling I couldn't actually believe it. My hand went up to my face just to check that I wasn't imagining it which would be like me as I have imagined being able to smile. It hasn't happened in ages.

I don't know what is happening at the moment but I have a strange feeling that something is changing and I am still not sure whether I like it but as Haruhi said I should try to push away my worry which always seems to come flooding back in so easily.

The rest of the day went fairly quickly but strange feelings that I couldn't recognize kept showing up and I am not going to lie it began to scare me. Everything is just not normal at the moment and I don't know how to feel.

Before I knew it, it was once again time for the host club to start and today we were doing a pretty simple theme of colors. The twins being red, Tamaki being yellow, Honey being pink like his bunny and Mori being a dark blue. Finally Haruhi being a light green colour to represent her personality nicely.

I wasn't sure why but the host club had picked me out to be a lighter version of purple than what they had given to Kyoya. I think it was mainly because of the whole getting married thing but I don't know what I was expecting.

I kind of like the colour, it is very delicate and interesting. Ever since me and Kyoya told the school about our engagement I have been paired up with Kyoya each time and no one has really said anything mean. Most of the time the girls are just shouting out Ship of something like that.

Which I have no clue what it means but more and more girls are coming to our table as the time goes on so I guess that must be a good thing. Me and Kyoya were together like I said to day however when suddenly Kyoya got a phone call. He looked puzzled when he looked at the identification but didn't tell me who it was before he excused himself out of the room.

I tried to push away the worry in that moment I really did but when I saw the expression on Kyoya's face it made me feel deadly anxious because whatever concerns Kyoya enough to make him look like that must be bad. I have never seen him look so confused or worried before even if it has been a short time that I have known him.

I tried to occupy the girls at the table that were clearly upset that Kyoya had left them and that they were now alone with me but I don't think that I did a very good job as I am not very talkative. I tried to make conversation talking about their hair and things that they said they liked but the conversations would always die out.

Yet all of them stayed, drinking their tea and coffee while also munching on a few of the biscuits sat at the table. I met eyes with Mori in this time and he gave me a look as if to say "Are you Alright?" and I honestly don't know I have this sickly feeling that something incredibly bad is about to go wrong.

Something was about to go totally sideways like when... No never-mind there is no point bringing up the past anymore we must move forward.

When Kyoya finally came back in after what felt like years but in reality was only a few minutes, he had a odd look on his face similar to one that I have seen before but I couldn't put my finger on it.

But as he sat down he gave me a serious look and spoke so quietly that I could barely hear it myself "We need to talk, it is about the wedding and your... your father"

No...