616-620

Otherworldly Evil Monarch Volume 5 Chapter 616 - Ask the Heart! Have no Regrets!

"Sigh… Do women from the Dongfang Family really have to accept such miserable fate?" Grandma Dongfang looked up to the skies as she sighed in despair. "Girls should not be born to a royal family and should not be married to a hero! Those who had a hero as their husbands… How miserable their lives are… how tiring… how sad! You guys remember! The Dongfang family will not marry its girls to heroes anymore! I'd rather they live a commoner's life that allows them to enjoy their lives to the fullest. What are these shocking and grandly romantic love stories for?"

"These sort of love matters… If we really fall into them… It would often result in the death of tens of millions… Even in the best situation, it would cause the family to sink into obscurity and misery, unable to reverse for generations…"

Nevertheless, which woman in this world did not want to marry a hero? Who did not wish their husband to be honored and accomplished?

Having to choose between a commoner and a hero like Jun Wu Hui, which would a woman choose? To be honest, most women with the greatest affection and cordiality would choose to marry a hero and suffer for life than live a dull life as a commoner.

How would a breathtaking beauty be willing to marry a commoner? They would rather stay single for life than act against their own will. Just as Mei Xue Yan, who would definitely choose to stay unmarried and age in the forests alone had she did not meet Jun Mo Xie. She would never marry a random guy.

Many beautiful women in history had rough lives for this exact reason!

The hall remained silent for a while. Then, Grandma Dongfang waved her hand decadently before speaking lifelessly, "The three of you… Bring Mo Xie to his mother… I… I will remain here." She then quietly sat down on the chair motionlessly with her head down.

Below her drooping head, a small puddle of water was evidently expanding…

Those were the tears of an amiable mother!

Grandma remained motionless like a statue as everyone left noiselessly. Even as they had gone a long way, Jun Mo Xie and Mei Xue Yan could still hear the ticking sound of tears impacting the floor…

Each droplet came from the heart…

Mothers cared for the emotions of their children forever. Their hearts beat and bled with the encounters of their children even if they had grown up and had family and their children… How many of us unintentionally hurt our mothers' feelings before?

Bless all mothers so that they are no longer sad and will not be!

Before their eyes was a small courtyard blessed with serenity.

Its walls were much taller and thicker than everywhere else. Behind the walls was a deserted snowy world but enclosed within were greeneries unaccompanied by any snow with plum blossoms flourishing in the cold…

Anyone stepping inside would feel a speck of warmth…

"You see… For ten years, no matter how heavy the snow, none could make their way to this courtyard!" Dongfang Wen Qing was not boastful, but solemn. "When my little sister always lied there, refusing to wake up, Mother produced all our wealth and gathered warm jades from all over the continent regardless of the price. They were buried below. In as short as half a year, our family ran out of money… However Mother did not give up. She knew my little sister loved greens and flowers and said she would get well sooner in this environment…"

Jun Mo Xie was shocked; he finally knew why the extreme wealth of the Dongfang Family from the past had disappeared… His emotions were uncontrollably stirred up like churning waves. There was a burning sensation within his chest and his nostrils seemed to be blocked by something. He almost broke out into distressing tears…