761-770

Otherworldly Evil Monarch Volume 6 Chapter 761 - Fight to the Last Breath!

Miao Wu Ji's expression was calm, and his gaze was like lightning, sparkling brightly in the darkness of the night. "Venerable Mei, are you truly ignorant of the reason behind this? The reason we're targeting Dongfang Wen Xin was simply to lure you out! Since you came out on your own, she will naturally be fine. You don't need to stand there and speak so sarcastically. Do you think that the three of us would become infuriated by your words? Even if you could provoke us with your words, what can you do?"

"Lure me out? I'm afraid it's not so simple, right?" Mei Xue Yan snorted coldly. "Your true intention is probably to bait me into attacking you first! As long as I attack first, you will have ample reasons to disregard the ancient covenant and join hands to kill me. Am I right? Such despicable and hypocritical means truly causes one's heart to turn cold! Only, I want to ask one more thing here. How has my Tian Fa offended you so much that it's become a thorn in your eyes? That you would go so far as to corner me? With so many schemes in the past, as well as this lineup today! The three of you were actually willing to lower your status and band together like this; are you not going to give me the real reason!"

Miao Wu Ji raised his eyes slightly and replied in a bland voice, his face devoid of any emotions, "Fine, since you've asked, I shall go straight to the point! You are right; Tian Fa has never faulted or offended us since the ancient times till now! The fault is Tian Fa!"

Although his words were extremely strange and contradictory, Mei Xue Yan understood completely.

She laughed bitterly. "Indeed, Tian Fa was not in the wrong. However, the fault is Tian Fa! Miao Wu Ji, can those words of yours represent the three Holy Lands?"

Tian Fa was not in the wrong, but the fault is Tian Fa. These words caused Mei Xue Yan's heart to directly turn as cold as ice! The fault was because… Tian Fa was a force made up of Xuan Beasts, not humans!

This much was made clear in that one sentence!

Miao Wu Ji fell silent for a moment and continued, "Venerable Mei, I respect you as the lord of the ferocious land, and since you asked for the reason yourself, I've made an exception and given you your answer, since I didn't want you to die without knowing why. Now that you're already almost dead, why do you still need to force people unnecessarily?"

With regards to Mei Xue Yan's sharp question, Miao Wu Ji did not answer, nor did he dare to answer!

He knew that if he answered with a confirmation, a heaven shocking change would appear in the world! The consequences of this, in the current situation where their future was not yet clear, was something even a Saint like Miao Wu Ji would be unable to bear!

Furthermore, he did not have the qualifications to say that he could represent all the three Holy Lands!

The Fiend Blade Saint, who was standing at the side, smiled sinisterly and shrugged his shoulders. "Of course, if Venerable Mei does not dare to fight, please call off your Xuan Beast horde and bring them back to Tian Fa. We will only bring Dongfang Wen Xin away today and wait for Jun Mo Xie to come forward and claim her!"

His deep eyes pierced through the sky and landed on Mei Xue Yan's body. "Relax, we still haven't stooped to the level of needing to harm an ordinary widow. She will definitely be able to continue living very well! Even if Jun Mo Xie died one day, she will still be able to continue living to a ripe old age!"

His words were sharp and venomous. He was not afraid that Mei Xue Yan wouldn't fight, directly laying out his scheme!

"Fight? Why wouldn't I dare!" Mei Xue Yan's face became firm. Although Dongfang Wen Xin was guaranteed to be safe, she still could not allow the enemy to bring Jun Mo Xie's mother—her own mother-in-law—away!