741-750

Otherworldly Evil Monarch Volume 5 Chapter 741 - First Stage, Dugu Xiao Yi!

Despite having three Saints as his bodyguards, Li You Ran still felt oddly unsafe.

It was really illogical!

In a place like Tian Xiang, having a peak Earth Xuan as a bodyguard was enough to let anyone do whatever they wanted to without fear. To have a Sky Xuan bodyguard would be a dream come true!

But the situation now was different. He had three powerful people who were a million times more powerful than a Sky Xuan beside him; there really shouldn't be anything that could threaten him in this world. But, Li You Ran oddly didn't feel a single ounce of the sense of security he should have held…

Upon arrival at the doorstep of the Jun Residence, Li You Ran was taken aback!

The doors of the Jun Residence were wide open with only two relaxed guards watching the entrance—none of that tight security in the past. They didn't even seemed bothered by their arrival. Li You Ran handed over the visiting card, the guard took it and ran off to pass the message, returning shortly to invite them in. "Old Master invites Young Master Li in."

He only invited them in and didn't even send someone to bring them in! He didn't even send a housekeeper out!

Li You Ran was surprised; it seemed like the Jun Family was not too friendly towards him.

Li You Ran thought that the Jun Family was trying to trick the enemy into thinking otherwise with their sudden lax in security. By pretending to be weak, it would trick clever enemies into noticing the dangers that awaited, but in reality, they were truly powerless and weak!

Creating an illusionary pretense of being weak to conceal their actual weakness in reality! An extreme move of putting yourself in a powerless position that was ready to be obliterated to make the enemy suspicious and suspect that you already set up a trap and feared nothing!

This was a strategy to counter smart enemies!

It was the best strategy to employ in order to confuse the enemy when you were really powerless and weak!

The stratagem of the empty city!

You are really lacking in defence, and a stronger enemy decides to arrive at this timing. If you put up a strong front, it'll instead trigger the enemy's desire to battle! And destruction may occur when the two forces clashes!

However, if you put up a weak front like this, it'll cause the enemy to become wary and suspicious, unable to decide on what course of action to take!

When Li You Ran arrived, he could guess that the sudden relaxation in the defences of the Jun Residence was part of Jun Zhan Tian's intentional stratagem! He did not comment on it openly, but secretly felt pleased with himself. Jun Zhan Tian, you may have spent all your life fighting battles, and you are clearly well versed and skilled with your strategies, but I'm no herbivore! Didn't I see through your strategy easily? Looks like your silly illusory tricks have no effect in face of our capable forces!

But Jun Zhan Tian did not send anyone out to usher them in, revealing a stronger animosity. It clearly told them: We do not welcome you!

This made Li You Ran a little doubtful. Could it be… they were really unafraid? We are definitely powerful, but what about them? Do they perhaps have stronger forces?

Just at this moment, the three Saints behind him lifted their heads and took a sniff in the air. All their expressions changed at the same time!

"To think that there is Spiritual Qi of such a pure form! It's a surprise to have a place like this in the world; the Spiritual Qi here at the Jun Residence is so rich! Even three Holy Lands, which boast the most Spiritual Qi cannot be compared to this!" One of them whispered. The other two nodded slightly, and their faces darkened more.