647-650

Otherworldly Evil Monarch Volume 5 Chapter 647 - Clap Our Hands to Make a Promise

"Crazy love…" Dugu Xiao Yi sang to the melody as Guan Qing Han continued with the flute. It was a lovely combination.

Even as the piece ended, everyone still felt the melody lingering in their ears. Perhaps saying that the music would loiter around the house for three days might not even be an exaggeration.

"Let me ask what is love and affection, the thing that lets people vow to be together no matter alive or dead!…" Dongfang Wen Xin suddenly broke into tears and said softly, "What is love and affection? What is it?… Does it have to be so torturous?"

Jun Mo Xie let out a sigh and recited slowly, "Let me ask what is love and affection, the thing that lets people vow to be together no matter alive or dead! Back and forth, south and north, together they fly, as they aged in the cycle of summer day and winter night; they are a joyous flock where partings are plights, and among them are crazily affectionate girls and guys. You must be saying, the endless journey through a million layers of cloud and past thousand snowy mountains, who will it be flying toward alone?" 1

Upon hearing this poem, Dongfang Wen Xin was stunned as she continued to feel and ponder the meaning behind it. She stood there blankly before finally turning around and dashing back to her room. Her distressed cry could be heard. "You must be saying, the endless journey through a million layers of cloud and past thousand snowy mountains, who will it be flying toward alone?… Wu Hui! Wu Hui… how am I going to face the challenges of this world alone without you?"

"Mo Xie, do you think anything bad will happen to mother…?" Guan Qing Han asked Jun Mo Xie quietly. There was a strong sense of concern in her tone and a slight sense of blame. She was blaming that Jun Mo Xie should not have mentioned Dongfang Wen Xin's tragedy.

Jun Mo Xie sighed again and said, "Mother had been suppressing her feelings and trying to pretend to be happy lately. That is very tiring. If she does this for too long, it will be even more problematic. Just let her cry and vent out her sadness and she will be better afterwards."

Guan Qing Han and Dugu Xiao Yi nodded in realization. They felt it made sense.

Amidst the silence, the flute music emerged again and drifted across the whole settlement, flowing smoothly.

It was the Song of No Regrets again, asking what love and compassion was.

In the courtyard separated by just a wall, Ye Gu Han, another crazily affectionate guy who was looking lonely and weak, was standing below a tree and allowed the snow falling from the branches to land on his head and neck, but he seemed not to have realized. He just listened to the melody, looking blank. His empty left sleeve danced with the freezing breeze. His face looked bitter and his eyes showed all of his dismay. He muttered, "What is love and compassion? Xiu Xiu, are you doing well?"

Dugu Xiao Yi and Guan Qing Han stayed behind to study the piece when Jun Mo Xie left, but Han Yan Meng followed him.

"Jun Mo Xie, my nephew, when are you heading for the Blizzard Silver CIty?" Han Yan Meng asked, puffing her cheeks.

"The Blizzard Silver City? Why will I want to go there?" Jun Mo Xie looked surprised, "It's so far away and so cold there, why will I go?" Upon hearing the title "nephew," Jun Mo Xie felt rather uncomfortable. But his mother and third uncle recognized it, so what could he do?

Was he going to get bullied around by this little girl?

"You!" Han Yan Meng was a bit angry. "Then what about the Xiao Family? Don't you want revenge?"