701-705

Otherworldly Evil Monarch Volume 5 Chapter 701 - Because I Am Unresigned!

Jun Mo Xie could sense that three powerful auras were currently rushing in this direction! Regardless of whether they were friend or foe, right now was the most critical time for Mei Xue Yan, and she must not be disturbed! Therefore, he immediately escaped into the ground!

Mo Xiao Yao and the other two Venerables' speed was exceptionally quick; with their full power, they covered the space of several hundred zhang in almost an instant and landed in the middle of the gorge. As they lifted their eyes and looked, they saw only the swirling snow. The place was exceptionally quiet, and not even half the shadow of a human could be seen!

This was the place where a terrible lightning tribulation had just taken place; how could there be no human traces at all?!

"This should be the place. The calculations can't be wrong! But why isn't anybody here? Could it be that my judgement was wrong?" Mo Xiao Yao furrowed his brows and said in a low voice.

"There's no mistake, I can sense that this was the exact spot as well. Everyone, let's look around the area carefully." Jia Qing Yun said.

"Something's off!" Wei Kong Qun's brows furrowed deeply, and his face turned somewhat strange. "Xiao Yao, we've both experienced the tempering of heaven's lightning before; to this day, it haunts my dreams, and I can still remember that scene very clearly. Back then, after I successfully broke through, the entire area was charred as black as charcoal; everything was burnt to a terrible extent. Even the mountain peak I was on was struck by lightning so hard that it nearly collapsed. My guess is that your situation was not much different as well. But look at this place…"

He sucked in a deep breath and continued, "Judging by the might of that lightning storm just now, even if these three mountain peaks were reduced to flat ground and levelled with the gorge, it wouldn't be a surprise at all. After all, that lightning storm was simply too terrifying! But this place… is simply too peaceful! Not to mention the mountains crumbling… even the snow on the ground hasn't been stirred much… Xiao Yao, don't you think that this is too abnormal?!

Mo Xiao Yao's eyes gleamed darkly as he nodded. "It's exactly as you said. I thought of this problem earlier as well; for such a phenomenon to appear, there are only three possibilities. First, that person was well prepared, and his strength had reached the very peak of cultivation, allowing him to directly dispel the lightning bolts completely into formlessness!

"What's the second possibility?"

"The second possibility is that that person has a magical treasure on his body that can absorb, or dispel the power of lightning!" Mo Xiao Yao looked around him and continued, "The last possibility, is that this piece of land is unique, and has the ability to absorb lightning without sustaining damage."

Wei Kong Qun laughed bitterly and shook his head, "I would rather believe in the second and third possibility than the first one. If it's really the first possibility, that person's strength must be so great to the point where it could cause the entire world to despair. I don't think even Saint-level experts can do this…"

"It's indeed enough to cause one to despair." Mo Xiao Yao nodded his head and said. The expression on his face was impossible to describe with words. "However, there's one thing that we can be certain of. Even if that person does not possess that terrifying level of strength, his abilities are at the minimum, not below ours. That's a clear fact!"

"Indeed, this point is without doubt!" The other two nodded rapidly in agreement.

"We've most likely come a step too late. That person has already finished breaking through, so he must have left immediately. If it were us, we would do the same as well." Mo Wu Dao looked silently upward at the sky for a moment, then finally shook his head, "Let's go. That person probably hasn't gone far. But judging from the situation before our eyes, he probably hasn't suffered any injuries. Our previous plan was based on the person being severely weakened after the breakthrough, giving us a definite chance of success! But now, with just the strength of us three, it's impossible to take down that person without paying an equivalent price. If that person's strength is truly that great, we might even incur his displeasure if we went searching for him now…"