726-730

Otherworldly Evil Monarch Volume 5 Chapter 726 - Bear Humiliation and Blame!?

If they couldn't win, then the strange races would invade, and the mainland would fall into calamity. The common people will be met with poison, and chaos will reign all over the lands. Wouldn't the three Holy Lands be the greatest sinners of the world? Furthermore, this matter regarding Tian Fa was also initiated by them!

Nothing anyone said would make it the fault of Tian Fa! Even if the strange races really succeeded in their invasion, the living environment of the Tian Fa Xuan Beasts would not change at all. No outside forces had ever managed to invade Tian Fa Forest. That was the case in the past, the present, and will also be the same in the future as well!

The current situation was one where if they wanted to advance, it would be impossible. If they wanted to fight, they wouldn't be able to beat their enemies. If they wanted to flee, it would be even harder! It could be said that they reached an unchangeable conclusion! The other party had arrived with formidable might and absolutely did not have any intentions of letting them off. From the looks of it, their fates were already sealed!

Mo Xiao Yao turned around and looked at the looks of despair and resignation on the others' faces. Then, he gritted his teeth, straightened his body, and walked slowly toward Mei Xue Yan. His steps were heavy and resolute, and his face was cold and firm. A fierce fire burnt within his eyes!

"Brother Mo, what are you doing?" Jia Qing Yun jumped in front of him. This Savage Venerable was also in an extremely wretched state. His face was sapped and pale, and he looked like an evil spirit!

Even in the most difficult and downtrodden periods of their lives, these Venerables had probably never been reduced to such a state before!

"Get out of my way! This old is going to beg for mercy!" Mo Xiao Yao's jet black hair flew lightly in the wind. Although his face was tinged with deep shame, there was actually also a profound brilliance!

"What? Beg for mercy!?" Jia Qing Yun exclaimed with shock and his eyes grew wide. "Brother Mo, a man can forsake his pride, but he must have a spine! We're all brave warriors; if we have to die, so be it. How can we kneel and beg, for the sake of extending a pitiable existence by a few more days? Are our few hundred years of reputation so cheap as to not be cherished? Even if we must die a valiant death, it's better than living out a shameful life!"

"Nonsense! Is this old man a person who's afraid of death? But if you and I perished, what will happen to the War for Seizing the Heavens? If the mainland loses the war because of us, who will take responsibility for it?! We still have 84 experts right now! If we are able to make it back, we will still be able to contribute four Venerable experts and 80 Superior Supreme experts for the War for Seizing the Heavens! But if all of us died here… what use would we be?" Mo Xiao Yao roared with rage. His eyes were actually already gleaming with tears!

For an arrogant fourth level Venerable expert who'd walked unrivalled through the world for so many years to make such a decision was surely hundreds and thousands of times more difficult than dying! However, Mo Xiao Yao did not have any other options!

He could accept death, and was even more so unafraid of death. However, he couldn't tolerate himself turning into the greatest sinner of the Xuan Xuan Continent! He was completely capable of being shameless and despicable under normal circ.u.mstances. In fact, he would have no scruple about doing the most reprehensible things while strutting around like a gentlemen. But, the crime of becoming a historical sinner like this was something he wouldn't be able to bear, not even if he died ten thousand deaths!

He could accept dying in battle; he could accept being killed! He could harm others or be schemed against by others. But at this point, he could not afford to die! At least, he couldn't die such a worthless death!