Chapter 3

POV: Kousuke

15 minutes prior

"Kousuke, in two months you'll be heading to Japan to take the role of Chief Financial Officer." Father said, looking at me from across the table.
"That soon? But, I haven't made any preparations..." I looked down.
"I've already gotten you a two bedroom apartment in Tokyo." Father stated.
"Two bedroom?" I asked.
  He shrugged, " it was the only one I thought was suited with your taste. But if you want to turn down this proposition-" he started, but I cut him off.
"No!- I-I mean... Yes, I'll take this opportunity." I told him.
   He nodded and leaned back.
"Alrighty then. The apartment will be ready within the month. You may head over whenever you'd wish."
And with that, father stood up and left the room.

    I stood up as well, and headed back to my office. As I entered, I saw Shin-ae sitting down in the back of the room, with a lot of files done in front of her. I looked over at the clock.
'Why is she still here? Doesn't she know that her shift ended?'
"Miss Yoo, your shift ended an half hour ago. What are you still doing here?" I asked, confused.
She looked over at the clock
"Well, I guess I lost track of time.." She chuckled, standing up. She stretched and grabbed her purse.

"Are you catching the bus home again?" I asked.
"Yeah. The bus stop isn't too far from here." She yawned.
I went and packed away my things and grab my coat. Shin-ae went over and picked up the bag containing her Bintendo Switch.

'It doesn't sound very wise to use public transportation with an expensive piece of hardware... I'll just bring her home then'

"Are you ready to go?" I asked.
"Huh?" She looked at me confused.
I grabbed my keys from the key rack, " hurry up. I'm driving you home."

I had decided to drive to work to day, and let my driver off for a free day. I opened the door for Shin-ae, and got over to my seat.
"Thanks for bringing me home." She chuckled, and fastened her seatbelt.
"Yes. It would be better if I bring you anyways. There are some delinquents that take public transportation, and you'd be safer with me." I said, starting the car.

POV: Shin-ae

    The first few minutes in the car were extremely quiet. We didn't speak, nor was the radio on. I shifted awkwardly in my seat, trying to think of a topic to talk about.
'Maybe I should bring up college?'

"Hey, so, um..." I turned towards him, "I got accepted to 'The University of Japan'..." I told him.
"That's a good college. And you said you got accepted?" He asked.
   I raised a brow at him and laughed, "what, do you think it not smart enough?"
"No, you're quite an intelligent woman. Far more than a lot of others I see." He cleared his throat, "I just never thought that you would want to go there, especially with how much it costs."
"Yeah...that's what I'm worried about.." I sighed, resting my head in my hand. I could feel him looking towards me at the stop light. Once the light turned green, he went to speak again.
"Do you already have living arrangements and a job ready for when you go?" He asked.
"No, I still need to look in to that. The college is in Tokyo, so I need to search for places in Tokyo."

   We got to my dads house, and I unfastened my seat belt. Kousuke handed me a small piece of paper.
"This is my cousin's username." He said. I took the paper and put it in the bag with the Bintendo Switch.
"Alrighty, thanks for the ride." I said, getting out of the car.
   He drove away, and I began to walk to the door.
"Miss Yoo." I heard behind me.
   I turned and saw Kousuke had pulled a U-turn, and was back at the curb. I walked closer.
"In about a month, I will be traveling to Japan to make preparations for my new job. Because of that, I already have an apartment in Japan, that is surprisingly close to 'The University of Japans' campus." He paused and looked away from me, "if you'd like, you could be my roommate. I'll send you a link to the apartment so you can see yourself."

   And with that, he drove away without letting me put a word in.
Wait...
   'Me? Living with Kousuke? Being Kousukes Roommate?'
I wasn't sure whether to cringe, or jump with excitement. I might have just gotten one thing crossed off my list. And, he said that it's close to the campus! If it's close, then I might not need to pay for public transportation.

  I went inside, and got to my room. Dad was long passed out, so I didn't need to be very quiet. Once he's asleep, he's asleep. I climbed onto my bed, and pulled out the Bintendo Switch.
'Ahhhhh, such a sweet smell'
I opened the box, and quickly set it up. I heard my phone chime, but ignored it as I got the game on, and made my game character- Wait, I'm posing as Kousuke...hm...

5 minutes later

"There!" I said, putting the final touches on the character.

(Took me an hour and a half at 2am to make😂 hope you like😘)

"Now to name it..." I groan and ponder over a name.
'Kousuke would probably be the type to put his actual name... but I don't wanna do that, it's sooo lazyyy...' I sigh and scratch my head. Hmmm...
'GrumpyQ-tip?'
"Yeah, that sounds good." I shrugged and typed it in. 

    Once I got my world ready, I pulled out the slip of paper from the bag.
"AnimeLover123"
I typed it in and sent him a friend request. I immediately got a friend request back, and accepted it. Then, he messaged me.

"Woah, you're actually playing!" The message read.
"Yeah, you wanted me to right?" I sent back.
"Well, Yeah, But you barely ever listen to me XD. I also didn't expect you to be playing at 10:20 at night!" He sent.
I chuckled, "Yeah, wanted to see what the hype was about."
"Well, have fun! If you need to be taught the ropes, I'll be more than happy to help!" Was the last message I received.

I played for a good few hours, and happened upon a lot of things. 'Hells kitchen island' was the name I came up with for the island. Hopefully Kousuke's cousin won't question it. I decided to check my phone to see who had messaged me a few hours back. Kousuke. I clicked on the link that he had sent me.
I felt my eyes growing weary, and decided to go to bed.
'I'll just look at the link tomorrow' I yawned and laid my head against the pillow.