Chapter 32

POV: Shin-ae

5 days later (Friday)

     I walked down the hallway of my school. It was the end of the day, and I was heading to the bathroom to put on my work attire. It has been 5 days since I entered into a new type of relationship; but honestly, not much had changed. It seems that we're already comfortable with each other, and we know a lot about each other from living and working together.

  We still haven't told anyone yet...not that I don't want to, but Kousuke just wants to wait a bit longer before we start telling others. Though, it's a bit aggravating.

Flashback:
Yesterday afternoon

  I stepped out from my office to get myself a hot chocolate from the Keurig in the break room. I also got some coffee for Kousuke. After setting everything up and getting our drinks, I headed out from the break room. Across the large room, I noticed Kousuke being stopped by a pretty red head girl.

   She seemed all over him, and I felt my eyebrows squint in disgust.
'Hm...so this is what jealousy is?'
I noticed that Kousuke seemed annoyed by her, and eventually she took the hint to leave. Once she was gone, I continued to walk back to my office, now sulking annoyedly.

   Kousuke also entered the office about the same time as me, and I handed him his coffee.
"Here.." I mumbled, plopping down in my seat and taking a sip of hot chocolate.
"..is everything alright?" He asked, confused.
   I nodded my head while I looked towards my computer. Eventually he went into his office, and I sighed.
'...why am I feeling this way? I know he doesn't like her...but that's not the point...'

Present

   I came back from the bathroom, now dressed in my work clothes.
'That girl from yesterday better not do anything again...'
   I sighed and pulled out my phone.
'It's about time. I'll head to the front now.'

   I picked up all my things, and headed towards the front of the building. When I got to the front, I noticed my group of school friends. The clump of boys where laughing, and I saw Akihiro look my way.
"Hey Shin-ae!" He waved me over.
   I looked towards the road, and didn't see Kousuke's car yet.
'I guess I have some time to spare'

   I headed over to the group, all of their attention on me.
"Shin-ae, you have to come with us next Friday! Since there'll be no school, it's the perfect opportunity for a beach day!" Madrid said excitedly.
"I'd love to!" I chuckled.
Akihiro wrapped his arm around me and smirked.
"And you can bring your roommate as well." He winked, leaning up to whisper my ear, "that's who you like, right?" He chuckled.
He pulled away, laughing at my expression.
"Hehe, I knew it!" He held out his hand for a high five.
  I hit his hand and rolled my eyes.
"You buttface." I chuckled.

     I heard the beep of a car horn, and looked towards the road; seeing Kousuke's car parked.
"Prince Charming awaits." Akihiro lightly punched my arm, and I waved a goodbye to my friends.
  I got down to the car, and slid in to the passengers seat.

"Nol got into a fight." Kousuke said sternly, immediately driving before I could put on my seat belt.
"H-he, what?" I asked confused, putting my seat belt on.
"He's in the hospital. My parents can't go to him right now, so I'm going instead." He sighed, "I'm going to drop you off at the apartment."
"Uh, no your not." I stated, "I'm coming too."
    He gave me a look, but also stayed silent; signifying a mutual understanding.