Chapter 22

POV: Shin-ae

I walked down the sidewalk, looking down at my phone to pick some good walking music. I felt a ball of anxiety in my chest, and wasn't sure why.
'It's just a doctors appointment..'
I reassured myself, feeling slightly better.
"Why am I so worked up about this? If it was something bad, then he would tell me." I chuckled.     
As I said this, I bumped into someone.
"Hey!" Akihiro chuckled.                                          "Hehe, sorry.." I laughed nervously.
"How's your day so far?" He asked, putting his hands in his pockets.
" 'Mer'. Kinda anxious about something, but other than that I'm fine." I shrugged, "You?"
"I'm alright. My moms cat scratched me this morning, so I'm a bit pained." He chuckled, showing me a scratch on his arm.
I laughed, "I love cats. Though, some of them can be pretty mean, but that goes for everything."
"Definitely." He chuckled.

     We got to the campus and split up to go to our first classes. At one point, I completely zoned out. It was for about a fourth of the class, and I just looked down at my paper. After that class, I send a message to Kousuke.
"Hey, watcha doin?" I sent, but didn't get a reply back.
   'I wonder if he's at his doctors appointment now..'
"-ae? Shin-ae?" I saw a hand wave in front of my eyes, and gasped.
"-Huh?" I asked, turning my head.
"Are you feeling okay? You've been staring at your plate for 5 minutes now..." Akihiro asked, giving a concerned glance.
"Yeah! Yeah, I'm fine.." I chuckled nervously.
'It's already lunch time?'

   I adjusted myself in my seat, and took a bite from my food. It tastes too hot?...cold?..spicy?...sweet?...salty?...
'Why am I coming up with excuses for my food? If I'm not hungry, then I don't have to eat it...'

I pick up my soda and chugged it, burping up the carbon dioxide.
"Damn! That burp was legendary!" Madrid and Adrik said in aw.
  I heard my phone buzz, and quickly picked it up.
"Hey sweetie, how are you doing?" Dad asked.
'Oh...it's just dad..'
"I'm good, how are you?" I responded.
"I'm also good. I just wanted to check in on you😁." He messaged back.
I sent him a GIF and put my phone in my bag. I then stood up.
"I'm going to head to my next class a bit early, so I'll see you guys later." I waved, picking up my plate of food and bringing it to the trash can.
I walked over to my next class, and sat down by the closed door.
'Maybe I'll scroll through some TikTak while I wait.'
After a bit of that, I found myself looking back at my messages. I went back under Kousuke's messages.
"You there?" I sent him.
As I did, the professor finally came and unlocked the door. Class went by pretty quickly, and I found myself walking back home. I got up to the apartment and went inside.
"Kousuke?" I called out, but nobody answered.
'I guess he's not home yet...'

"Hm...I'm hungry..but also don't want to cook..." I sighed, "pizza?"
  I pulled out my phone and looked for pizza places. I found one, and called them up.
"Welcome to Wanda's pizzas. How can I assist you today?" Someone asked.
   I told them that I wanted a medium meat-lovers pizza, and waited for it to be delivered. The person finally showed up, and I consumed multiple pieces.
I messaged Kousuke again. "Got some pizza if you want some..."

~~~~~~~~~~

    Eventually, my eyes flung open.
'Did I fall asleep after that pizza?'
I heard a door close, and saw Kousuke.
"Oh, you're back." I yawned, standing up. My phone said that it was 9:45pm, and I looked over at Kousuke dumbfoundedly.
'He's been out of the house for hours..'
"Yes, I lost track of time." He said, clearing his throat.
"Well, where were you?" I asked.
"That's none of your concern." He said.
I raised my brow, "it is of my concern, seeing as we live and work together..."
"I met up with a friend, Alright?" He said, semi annoyed. He then took a deep breath, "I'm sorry, I had a glass of wine with him, and just want to lie down."

    I went over to the cabinet and grabbed some Tupperware, placing the pizza in it and putting it in the fridge. I then looked back up at Kousuke, who was still standing in the center of the room. He seemed out of it.
"Aren't you gonna lay down?" I asked, pouring some water in a glass. I walked up and handed it to him.
"Yes, Sorry.." he stuttered, Walking off to his room with the glass.

     I went to my room as well. I closed the door, I sighed.
"Makes me anxious, doesn't respond to my messages, stays out for a long time, and lies to me?" I mumbled, plopping onto my bed, "I'm gonna whip out a can of 'Whoop-a**' on him"