Chapter 10

(Sorry, this chapter bounces between Shin-ae and Kousuke's POV a lot😂  don't get too confused lol)

POV: Shin-ae

"Alright, have fun! Stay safe! If they offer you drugs, say-"
" 'No' " I chuckled, finishing dad's sentence.
"That's my girl." He said, giving me a hug.
  My phone vibrated, and I pulled away.
"My ride's here." I said, looking down at my phone.
He nodded and handed me my carry on.
"Alright, have fun!" He smiled.
"I will. I'll see you during vacations!" I said, walking to the door.
   I walked to the front, and saw Kousuke and his driver. I got in, and out my stuff down.
"Are you alright?"" Kousuke asked, "you're crying.." he added.
   As he said that, I felt a tear go down my cheek.
"Bsh, Yeah.." I chuckled, wiping it away with my hand.
  He handed me a napkin before we began driving towards the airport.
  We got there, and since we both didn't have carry-ons, we didn't have to stop at the luggage weighing. We got to where they check ID's and tickets, and after that, we had to go through metal detection. We finally were in the clear, and had 40 before we could board. We decided to get some chicken nuggies from Wacdonalds while we waited. I saw down with our order of 20 chicken nuggies, and began to eat.
"So...why were you crying earlier? If you don't mind my asking." Kousuke asked, eating a chicken nuggie with a fork.
I chewed and shrugged, "well, I've lived here for most of my life, and now I'm leaving.." I chuckled, "I dunno...I guess it got to me."
We stayed silent as we finished eating. As we were done and the trash was away, Kousuke put his hand on my shoulder, " just so you're aware, your father and friends are always welcomed to come visit." He said.
That made me feel better, and I smiled lightly.

We walked to where our flight was, and waited. After a little bit, we were finally being boarded. First was Kousuke's group, then another, and another, and then mine. I walked down the large tunnel to the airplane, and felt my heart pounding.

POV: Kousuke

I sat down in my isle seat, watching everyone walk passed me. There was already one person sitting besides me, but he was sitting by the window. Eventually, I saw Shin-ae walk passed me. She gave me a nervous smile before walking down into the back part of the plane. Once it seemed like everyone was seated, looked around.
'Is no one sitting besides me?'
I called over for one of the flight attendants.
"Ma'am, is there anyone sitting besides me?" I asked.
She looked at a clip board and turned back to me.
"It appears that the gentleman who was going to sit there canceled last minute. You can sit there if you'd like-" she started, but I cut her off.
"Can I...have my friend sit here?" I asked, "she's seated in the back."
"Sorry sir, but I'm not allowed to let other passengers change seats.." she said remorsefully.
I took out my wallet, and handed her a $100 bill. She sighed, and shoved the bill into her pocket.
"Which passenger?" She asked.
"Shin-ae Yoo." I said.

POV: Shin-ae

I sat down at my seat after putting my backpack up above in the carry-on holder. I buckled myself, trying to calm down.
'It's a plane. It's wayyy more safe than cars...' I sighed, but my heart beat against my chest.
"Excuse me, Miss?" I heard.
I looked at a stewardess who was by my side.
"Yes?" I asked.
"Could you please collect your things and come with me?" She asked.
'Crap, 6 minutes on a plane and I'm already being kicked off...'
I stood up with my purse, and grabbed my carry-on. I then followed her.
"Am I being kicked off?" I asked.
"No." She replied.
We got to the front of the plane, and she opened the carry-on holder to put my bag in. I looked at her, confused, but put my bag in.
"You'll be sitting here, Miss. I hope you'll enjoy your flight." She smiled, and walked away.
   I raised my brow and saw Kousuke stand up besides me.
"Would you like the middle seat or the isle?" He asked.
'Wha-...'
"Middle?" I shrugged, scooting in to the middle seat. He sat down beside me, and the steward and stewardesses began to show the safety rules. I leaned close to Kousuke to talk softly.
"Why did my seat switch?" I asked him.
"There was no one besides me, so I asked the stewardess to bring you up here. You seemed a bit nervous.." he shrugged.
"Well, I've never been on a plane before..." I nervously chuckled.