Chapter 24

POV: Kousuke

  I woke up around 11am to a message on my phone.
"Lemme know when you're picking up your car" Wilson messaged.
"Alright" I messaged back.

I stood up and stretched. It felt strange to not have to get up early and go to bed late. School and work had strained me for so long, that it feels alien for me to get this much sleep.
After getting dressed, I decided to make some breakfast. Shin-ae came out about mid-way cooking.

"Good morning." I said, preparing some omelets.
"Hi." She mumbled, walking into the bathroom.
'She seems a bit angered...'

POV: Shin-ae

'What the hell is he keeping from me?'
I looked into the mirror after washing my hands. I sighed.
'I'm sorry...but you don't visit a doctor for that long unless there's something wrong.... does he have cancer or something? Why is he keeping this from me?....maybe he just wanted to wait until after we slept...'

I came back out from the bathroom more composed, and went into the kitchen. We sat down and quietly began to eat.
"....do you have anything you want to tell me?" I asked softly, looking down at my food.
"I-I don't believe so..." he mumbled.
After some more silence I began to get annoyed.
'Why won't he just tell me?'
"So, where were you yesterday?" I asked.
"I was with a friend.. I told you this last night." He said in a confused tone.
"What friend?" I asked.
He sighed and finished eating his food, standing up, "If you really don't believe me, then we can go there now. I need to get my car anyways."

'....Is he actually telling the truth?'

He called up his driver, and we were at a nice looking house within some time. I saw Kousuke's car in the driveway.
'...crap...I guess he was telling the truth...but then what about the doctor?'
We got out of the driver's car, and he pulled away.
"Look...I'm sorry." I sighed, tugging his arm to stop him from moving, "I just, I thought that I heard you on the phone with a doctor, and I thought you were keeping something bad from me..."
He gave me a confused look, "a doctor?"
"Yeah, Doctor Wilfred or something."I shrugged.
"...Doctor Wilson?" He asked.
"Yeah.." I raised my brow.

'So I was right?'

"Wilson is my friend from college." He started, pulling me toward the house, "he's a therapist, which gives him the title of Doctor." He explained.
I mentally facepalmed.
'Ah, wrong type of doctor..'

As we got up to his car and we're about to get in, a tall (handsome) man walked out from the house.
"KouKou, why're you leaving so soon?" He smiled, walking up to him.
"Hehe, KouKou?" I chuckled.
I saw Kousuke's face turn red and he glared at whom I guessed was Wilson.
"Ah, is this the girl?" Wilson whispered to Kousuke.
'....?'

"Shin-ae, this is Doctor Wilson Daniels. Wilson, this is Miss Shin-ae Yoo." Kousuke said, introducing us.
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Shin-ae! I've heard a lot about you!" Wilson said, walking up to me and shaking my hand.
"Have you now?" I chuckled, looking over to Kousuke, who looked away.
"I won't keep you, I just wanted to say Hello before you left." He chuckled, walking back to his house, "don't be a stranger! I wanna meet up with you two sometimes!"
"Alrighty!" I waved.

We got into the car, and I began to laugh.
"What?" Kousuke asked, confused.
"I-I, Hahaha! It's just-" I calmed down my laughter and took a deep breath, " I have never met any of your friends before! I figured that you either didn't have any, or that they acted similarly to you- no offense." I chuckled.
"Yes, believe it or not, I do have some friends." He said, chuckling slightly.
"Alright KouKou, lets get out of here." I chuckled.
"Don't you start that..." He groaned, starting up the car.