Chapter 4:Turffield, Here We Come

Third-person

The pair set off to go through the Galar mines, chattering away about how pretty it's going to be. "Yeah, hey look Milo! It's a Rolycoly, (that's a dual fire type right?) You should catch it!" The (h/c) haired girl suggested to the peach orange-haired boy. "You really think? I'm not sure if that's up my alley, you can catch one of you want." He dismissed her suggestion with a sigh. "You know you can't just use plant types, Kabu in Motostoke will wipe the floor with you if you don't get a different type." The worried girl voiced her concerns.

"I know you aren't going to take no for an answer, are you?" He asked his shorter friend, noticing the concern that laced her voice. "Yep but you don't have to catch a Rolycoly maybe we could find you a Sizzlepede, I heard they can also be found here." She smiled up at the freckled boy. "Or we could get a water type since it's strong against fire and neutral to water, you would be fine in Hulbury with your grass types." She was proud of her suggestion and let out a satisfied 'hmpf' of approval.

"Water types are nicer looking.... sure we can do that!" He exclaimed happily, ringing a gentle arm around her shoulders. She took no notice of it meanwhile.... what am I doing!?! Did I just do that?! Why does she not care?..... Bet you can guess who.

"Hey why are you red? Nobody whispered anything to you-" (y/n) was cut off by Milo quickly pulling his arm back, "N-n-no r-reason." He attempted to not stutter, his nervous and gentle self failed miserably. "Are you worried I was mad for that little act? Cause I didn't mind." The girl gave a warm smile, causing the emerald-eyed boy to flush just a bit more. "Well, c'mon let's get home!" She was back to her usual hyper self, I was wondering when that calmness would go, Milo smiled as (y/n) raced to the mine.

Soon she was out of Milo's view and she stopped to wait for him. "Is that a Zigzagoon? Coming straight at me?" She was confused as the zebra-striped pokemon ran into her and began growling trying to start a battle. "Okay, Vulpix go!" The short girl sent out the firefox.

"Okay you see the Zigzagoon, it wants to battle. Let's do this, Vulpix!" She told the Vulpix to use Quick Attack, which he rammed into it and knocked it back. The Zigzagoon tried to use Bite, "Vulpix, move left and use an Ember!" The trainer commanded and Vulpix did so. While the Zigzagoon was flying back after Vulpix used Ember, she threw a Pokeball and enclosed the zebra-striped pokemon inside.

The ball moved once. Twice. Thrice! Click! A new pokemon! She raced to the Pokeball and picked it up, "Hey (n/n) you here?" She heard her travel buddy call. "Yeah! I caught a Zigzagoon!" She rushed to his side so the (h/l) haired girl could show him. "In that small amount of time? Leon is going to be in trouble with how easy you catch pokemon." He chuckled softly. "Oh naw, you're giving me too much credit, it takes more than how well you catch pokemon." She brushed off and let the Zigzagoon out.

'Goon? Zag Zig.' The pokemon looked at the two, confused as to who its trainer was. For some reason it went straight to Milo, leaping into his arms. 'Zagoon Zig!' It barked, happily burying itself in his chest. "It likes you, Milo. I think you may have a new pokemon and it's not a grass type." (Y/n) said with a laugh. "But it's your pokemon, I can't take it." He tried to give her the Zigzagoon only for it to leap back to Milo. The girl handed him the Pokeball and smiled, "Zigzagoon would be happier with you, Milo. I don't want to keep it and it not be happy with me." She told him. " O-okay if you s-say so." He stuttered out and started stroking the spiky fur of his new pokemon.

'Fleur Gosse Gossefleur' Gossefleur squeaked as it started conversing with Zigzagoon. "Let's get to the mines!" (Y/n) exclaimed as they set off to the entrance. "So is a pokemon different when you take care of it if it's not a grass type?" Milo was still holding the Zigzagoon. "Well Zigzagoons are often hyperactive and like Yampers, can be a good herder if trained right. Though I would suggest you don't evolve it because Linoones and Obbstagoons are much harder to care for, according to Piers." His friend explained as they got closer to the mines. "That's nice to know." He responded.

Your POV

"WE'RE HEERRREEE!!!" I exclaimed as I bounced up and down with Eevee. We found Milo's Zigzagoon was a boy also that he hated being in a Pokeball, that was expected. "I'm gonna catch a Diglet!" I pumped my arms and smiled. "You do know that there are Yamper on the route past the mine, right?" Milo informed me. "Wait really!? Awesome!!" That was even better!!

"It's so pretty. Look at all the crystals." I gasped in awe at the rocks that shined in many colors. There were many pokemon there too, you had your usual cave pokemon: Diglet, Wubat, and Rolycoly, then there were also Timburr because of their love for construction.

'Vee Eevee!' I heard Eevee call, she had something in her mouth. "What did you find?" I gently took the object, it was a red shard of something. "Hey Milo, do you know what this is?" I asked the boy, who was calming Gossefleur. "I'd say it's a star piece." He answered with a subtle matter of factly voice. I rolled my eyes at the way he said it, "Aren't those worth a pretty penny at the Pokemart?" I mumbled to myself. "Well let's get going, (y/n). It's going to get dark soon and I don't want us caught in a mine at night." Milo hated being on the road at night, it was quite cute actually.

Time Skip past the mines cause it's boring

We finally made it out of the mine after battling three bored construction workers, much to Milo's dismay it was getting dark. Well lucky I'm here, otherwise, Milo would be too scared to keep going, besides it would be pointless to camp when Turffield is about 20 minutes of walking distance, I watched as the worry was brightly painted on my friend's face.

The pokemon weren't really fazed by the dark, Eevee and Gossefleur were snoozing away and Zigzagoon was looking around at everything from Milo's shoulder. "Say, Milo, I wonder what the others will think when they find out you actually got a nongrass pokemon." I tried taking my nervous friend's mind off of being worried. "They'll be surprised, I-I guess. H-honestly I'm starting to like Zigzagoon." He answered and then mumbled about something being just like it, I decided not to pry at the moment and just continued to ramble to my peachy orange-haired comrade holding his hand and rubbing circles in his palm.

'Yamp! Yamp!' I heard the signature bark of a YAMPER!!!!! It leaped out of the long grass and scared the living daylights out of Milo. "It's a Yamper!" I was fairly close to the electric puppy and picked it up, even wild Yamper love attention. It yapped in excitement, my Eevee woke up from the ruckus and looked around to see what was going on. 'Eev Eevee?' She let out a groggy squeak and shot up when she saw the Yamper in my arms.

"You sure it's a Yamper? It's looked really scary." Milo came closer to see what the pokemon was. "Of course it's a Yamper, I wouldn't be holding it if it wasn't." I giggled and turned around to show him, he let out a relieved sigh and put a hand on his heart. "I don't think I can take another scare like that, I thought we woke up a pokemon and made it angry." He huffed as he calmed himself, I just giggled in response.

Taking out a Pokeball, I showed it to Yamper. "Hey, you wanna be my pokemon, Yamper?" I asked it, ' Yamper Yamp!' It pushed its head into the Pokeball and was encased in it. The Pokeball instantly clicked, the Yamper must have really wanted a trainer. "I'll let you out once we get to Turffield." I smiled at the Pokeball and put it on my holster.

"Hey look Milo, we're home." I pointed to the familiar rolling hills of gold and the sweet smell of flowers. "Great, now I don't have to worry about any more pokemon scaring m me to death." He gave a relief laced response. "Oh hush you, it was one time and even then it was just a playful Yamper." I snickered at how even the cutest thing could scare him at night.

With that we began heading towards our houses, the moon just starting to climb in the sky.

Holy crap! I just started this story almost two days ago and it's already number 32 in the tag Milo out of 1.18K stories! But now that's over, here's another chapter! I have really been trying to keep our boy Milo in character. So see you in the next chapter
L signing off