Chapter 25: Intensity of the Battle

Third person

The (h/c) haired girl walked to the doors a second time, the gym instructor leading her to the tunnel entrance. "Okay, Glaceon, let's do this." Her (e/c) orbs were full of determination and her partner's blue eyes held the same confidence. 'Glaceon!' The eeveelution nodded determinedly and looked to the approaching battle pitch.

They walked to their position and were met by an extremely tall man, the short challenger almost fell back trying to meet his eyes. He had a dark gray mop for hair and it was tied back into a tiny ponytail along with covering one of his eyes, his sky blue eyes were easy to cower under and full of an unspoken authority. The man's skin was tanned and battle scarred, making his entire appearance intimidating. "Quite a short one we have here, I'm Dwayne the fighting type gym leader." He spoke with a deep voice.

"Nice to meet you, Dwayne. I'm (y/n)." The girl refused to break under the gym leader's stare, subconsciously putting more confidence in her voice. The man nodded slightly, "A confident one too, I commend that." He rumbled and walked back to his position on the field.

(Y/n) copied the motion, standing tall and firmly gripping a pokeball. "Go Noibat!" Her voice sounded and the lavender colored bat took his position. "Let's go, Hitmontop!" Dwayne shouted, an almost wooden looking boxer took the position. "Okay Noibat, use Super Fang!" She grinned, this attack cut the victim's energy in half and was very powerful. "Use Brick Break!" The dark skinned man commanded, as Hitmontop went smash it's hand into Noibat's head the challenger shouted, "Noibat dodge left and attack from behind!" Noibat followed and used Super Fang on the fighting type's back, sending it forward upon impact. "Use Super Fang again!" The attack was made before Dwayne could give an order, taking the other half of Hitmontop's energy knocking it out. Dwayne called his pokemon back and sent out his second one, a Hawlucha.

"A Hawlucha huh? Noibat take a break, you'll fight later." (Y/n) called back the purple bat and tapped her partner gently, "Your turn, Glaceon." She smiled and she squeaked, leaping to position. "Hawlucha, use Submission!" The low, rumbling voice that belonged to the gym leader sounded and the pokemon flashed in a vertical circle, it became a powerful force and went straight towards Glaceon. "Glaceon, use Icy Wind and stop Hawlucha in its tracks!" She called out and Glaceon shot a strong wind against Hawlucha, who was still rushing at her. (Y/n) grew worried when the Hawlucha's speed never faltered but, Glaceon kept blowing the freezing cold wind. The space grew smaller and smaller, until Hawlucha stopped inches away from Glaceon's face. Hawlucha was frozen! "Alright Glaceon! Now use Ice Fang!" Her turn was instantly given to her since Hawlucha was frozen, Glaceon opened her jaws and bit down into the ice block containing Hawlucha. Tons of damage was done since Hawlucha was a flying type as well, "C'mon Hawlucha, break free!" Dwayne shouted, at the sound of his command a crack breaking through the ice. "Okay Glaceon, use Ice Fang again!" The girl shouted and the eeveelution rushed at the now cracking ice block, "Use High Jump Kick!" The gym leader commanded and the moment Glaceon bit down on the ice block Hawlucha used the extremely powerful move on her pokemon. 'Cha!' The opposing pokemon fainted along with Glaceon.

"No Glaceon!!" (Y/n) screeched and ran across the field, sliding in her knees and stopping before Glaceon. 'Ceon..' "No be quiet, you did well." The (e/c) eyed girl whispered, scooping up Glaceon in her arms. After walking back to her position, she laid the ice type next to her, "You can watch the rest of the battle right here." The girl smiled and took out another pokeball.

"Alright, Gurdurr!" Dwayne sent out an evolved form of Timburr, it held a beam of metal. "Break's over, Noibat!" (Y/n) threw out Noibat's pokeball and out he came, "Alright Noibat, use Air Cutter!" The girl shouted and Noibat flapped his wings growing faster which each flap, "Gurdurr, use Dynamic Punch!" The scarred man commanded and Gurdurr dropped the metal beam, building up force on its fist. Noibat then blasted forces of skin cutting wind at Gurdurr, hitting it directly several times. Gurdurr then ran at Noibat, fist pulled back and ready to punch. "Noibat, time to put that speed to good use!" The (e/c) eyed girl's voice sounded and Noibat started flashing past the much slower Gurdurr, dodging many failed punches. "Use Low Kick, Gurdurr!" The sky blue eyed gym leader rumbled and the construction pokemon swept its foot against Noibat, hitting his side and sending him flying. "Noibat!!" (Y/n) screamed, 'Bat bat!' She got a loud chirp in return, the girl let out a sigh of relief and yelled, "Okay now use Super Fang!" And Noibat rushed forward, trying to find an opening through the Dynamic Punch Dwayne commanded. After a few tries, Noibat got through and crunched down onto Gurdurr. Taking out the last of Gurdurr's health and knocking it out, "Great job Noibat!! Do you have enough energy for dynamax?" The question earned a swift nod from Noibat.

"Don't get too confident, trainer. I still have one pokemon." Dwayne said as he turned his last pokeball giant, "Hope you can handle the power of Gigangtamaxed Machamp!" He then threw Machamp's pokeball back, revealing a much larger and much different Maxpchamp. "Okay Noibat, dynamax!" (Y/n) did the same and a giant Noibat appeared. "Alright, use Max Airstream!"  The girl shouted and Noibat shot a massive swirl of air, rushing into the Machamp. "Machamp, use Max Knuckle!" The scarred man shouted, his arms folded. A fist came down from the sky and landed straight onto Noibat, the (e/c) eyed studied the Machamp. This pokemon's weakest point seems to be it's legs, "Noibat use Max Airstream again and aim for its legs!" She shouted and Noibat did just that, the Machamp lost its footing and fell onto its knees. Dwayne sweatdropped for a millisecond but quickly wiped it away, "Use Max Knuckle again!" He commanded and yet another fist fell from the sky, Noibat was starting to get low on energy. "Okay one last time, Max Airstream!!" Noibat shot one last fist of air at the four armed pokemon, a boom following. The Machamp fainted.

Your POV

I did it! I scooped up Glaceon after calling back Noibat and walked to the middle, meeting Dwayne there. "You did well, trainer. As proof of defeating both me and Lucille, your badge." The much taller man handed me a badge, it was a mix of the fighting type symbol and the ghost type symbol, "I wish you well on the rest of your journey." He gave a slight smile and I smiled broadly in return, walking back through the tunnel with Glaceon now in a pokeball.

"Hey how did it go?" I was instantly met with questions, I showed off the badge with a huge smile, "I won!!" They all cheered and I started pushing past them, looking for a certain person.

I found that person and flipped his hat over his face, "Milo!!" I squealed and leaped onto his back. "Hey, how'd your battle go?" I smiled and showed him the badge, then he smiled back and pulled me into a warm embrace. "I'm so proud of you." He spoke out softly, I felt my cheeks heat a little.

Suddenly the hug was ended, "S-sorry I didn't m-mean t-o." He stuttered and looked away in embarrassment, I gave a soft smile, "Its okay, farmer boy."

Okay so not much in the chapter, (y/n) got the badge though. That's all for now
L signing off