Chapter 43: A Battle of Wills

Your POV

"Okay this is it, you ready guys?" I was extremely nervous and I felt a little reassurance when I saw how pumped the team was, cheering happily and itching to battle. "Let's give our all this time, alright." I spoke once more and called back everyone, minus Lucario and Glaceon.

Walking through the drawbridge entrance, I was met by a rough and tumble looking woman. With dark gray hair and tanned skin, probably from staying in the heat, she had a look of intimidation and like Dwayne it was easy to break under her gaze. Though about her gaze, she had only one working eye and the left side of her face was scarred and burnt, her eye was a pool of blue and was the only non intimidating looking attribute about her. "Y-you mu-must  be  (y-y-y/n), I-I'm  th-the  gy-m-m  lea-leader  here." Her voice was higher pitched and stuttered a ton, making her sound less scary.

"Yep and you are?" I responded, trying to ignore her stutter.

"R-r-r-rei  a-an-nd  I-I'm  s-sorr-ry  I-if  I  st-st-stutter, I-I  g-g-got  hit  i-in  t-th-the  th-thr-oat  a-and  it  m-m-mess-sed  u-up  m-my  v-v-voice  b-bo-ox." She explained and I nodded with a smile, that explains it.

"Oh it's fine, I don't mind the stutter actually. So do you have a gym challenge or do we go straight to battle? " I then asked after shaking her calloused hand and Rei gestured me to follow her.

"C-c-come  w-wit-th  m-me."
We walked out of the stadium and the older women led me and my two pokemon to the vault. It had a dragon symbol above the doors and across from it was a training pitch with a beautiful garden surrounding it, it looked really old and it probably was. "H-he-re  we  a-a-are." She spluttered out.

"Its so pretty." I complimented and took in the sweet scent of the flowers, Lucario managed to pick one as we walked by and placed it against Glaceon's ice blue ear. "So what's the story behind this place?" I was quite interested in the history of the vault.

"T-t-the  v-vau-vault  h-ho-holds-s  m-ma-many  h-h-histor-torical  o-obj-objects  a-and  w-w-was  m-ma-ade  wh-when  H-Hamm-Hammer-erlocke  w-w-was  the  ce-center  of  G-Gal-lar." Rei informed as we made our way up a set of stairs.

Walking through a door and being met by the bright sun, I signaled Lucario to stop by the edge of the platform. The sight was gorgeous and I could see small parts of the wild area and the route to Stow-on-Side, the heat hit my skin and it felt so good. I was disappointed when we walked through another set of doors but, curiosity took over my mind as I saw the tapestries hanging on the stone brick wall.

"T-these  t-t-tell  th-the  s-stor-ory  of t-the  Da-Dark-kest  D-Day, b-but  w-we-we're  h-here  f-f-fo-or  the  g-gym  ch-cha-allenge." I nodded and then noticed three people, "Y-yo-our  ch-challe-enge  is  d-dou-double  b-batt-attling."

Time Skip

Man that was hard, I smiled at my accomplishment of defeating three double battles in a row and Rei seemed happy I did it.

"W-wha-what  s-spl-plendid  b-bat-attling, (y-y/n-n)." The one eyed woman clapped her tanned hands together and we then went back to the gym stadium. Rei leaving me and I entered the locker room, changing into my uniform and taking out each one of my pokemon.

"Alright you guys, I don't care if we lose. I just want you all to do your best against Rei's team and no matter what I always have faith in your strength, now lets do this." I encouraged and we all cheered in determination, I called back everyone minus the usual. "Okay let's head out there." I was helped up by Lucario and we entered through the tunnel.

The moment the light hit my (e/c) eyes, I looked at the crowd going silent when they saw me and the tan skinned female was already in place. I felt a surge of fright take over and I shuddered, not meeting Rei's eye.