Chapter 21: Pokemon Duo

Third person

So the battle café was nice, though the waiter asked if they were on a date. The question caused both (y/n) and Milo to explode red and quickly deny. "Man, I wish I got some extra water bottles. Glaceon is wilting like your plants in winter, Milo." The girl was doing her best to keep the ice type shaded from the heat.

Milo was watching the entire interaction between his crush and her pokemon, "Lucky for you, I did." He handed the short girl a water bottle. "Again, you think of everything!" She smiled and opened the bottle, sharing with Glaceon. "No I don't think of everything, I just know you too well." The boy wrapped a gentle, yet muscular arm around her shoulders,feeling braver than last time.

'Gossefleur!' The young farmer's pokemon screeched in excitement at the interaction between it's trainer and (y/n), "Gossefleur really?" Milo asked the red flower headed pokemon quietly. 'Fleur.' The grass type answered back, (y/n) on the other hand was having a conversation with Glaceon.

'Ceon Glaceon.' The eeveelution barked and leaped to a position so she could talk to Gossefleur about something easier. 'Fleur Gosse.' Glaceon looked taken aback by what Milo's pokemon said. 'Glaceon glac.' (Y/n)'s pokemon added.

"I won't do that, Gossefleur/Glaceon." Milo and (y/n) said at the same time, the pair locked gazes and their cheeks grew red. "Sorry." They also said that at the same time, 'Ceon ceon.' 'Gosse.' Both pokemon seemed to agree on something.

( "Is it just me, or do Glaceon and Gossefleur need a duos name?" Bea asks and since everyone was in the room, they all nodded. "Well, we have a pokemon matchmaker duo I bet everything that happened between story Milo and (y/n) was planned." Piers spoke up . "I don't think so, unless...." I voiced.)

"I swear, those two are going to be more trouble than Noibat and Zigzagoon combined." The (h/l) haired girl watched the two conspiring with each other, "I have to agree with you, (y/n)." Milo nodded and we continued on our way.

Since I can't remember the route to Stow-on-Side very well I'm just going to skip to the start of the town.

After a long walk in the heat, Milo and (y/n) made it to Stow-on-Side. "Finally, we're here!!" The girl threw up her arms and cheered, her hands were still wrapped in the bandages from Hammerlocke. "Yes we are, (y/n). Don't forget, there are two gym leaders we have to battle." Milo reminded her and she replied with an 'I haven't forgotten.'

"Hey," A group of people approached the two friends, "the gym is closed right now." The person speaking was Leon.

"Wait, Lee why are you here? I thought you would've gotten past Stow-on-Side by now." (Y/n) was quite shocked at the sudden appearance of the eggplant she knew as Leon.

"Somethings up with the ghost type gym leader and the fighting type gym leader is trying to get the problem fixed. Honestly, I don't think it'll be solved anytime soon." The boy responded, "Bea is trying to find out what the issue is since, she knows the fighting type gym leader." Nessa explained the absence of the gray haired girl.

"That's okay, we can just talk and have fun until then." The girl smiled and Glaceon finished conspiring with Gossefleur, leaping onto her trainer's shoulders. 'Glac.' The eeveelution called and (y/n) sweatdropped, "Somewhere in the shade though, Glaceon would feel less like a melting ice cube then."

So we all day in our little group and talked, "So how have you been doing, Lee? None of us have seen you since we left for Turffield." Milo asked the question they all wanted to know, (y/n) was laying her back against the side of his arm because she said that it was too hot to sit up. The girl turned her head to face the golden eyed boy, intent on hearing his answer.

"Really good actually, Charmander evolved into a Charmelion. I also caught an Axew and Dreepy." He answered confidently, "What about you guys?" Leon then asked us the same question.

Everybody went and it came to (y/n)'s turn, "Well as you can see, Eevee evolved into a Glaceon. I caught a Vulpix, Yamper, and a Noibat. Yamper is a Boltund now and Milo gave me Cherubi. That's my team." She smiled when Glaceon rubbed against her arm at the mention of her name.

Meanwhile with Bea

Bea was literally watching the two gym leaders of her home town argue over something so childish. The issue with the ghost type gym leader, which everyone called him Kid, was the fact that his gym set up wasn't symmetrical. Yet the white lines in his hair weren't symmetrical, the guy was a total psycho.

"Now look, Kid, we can't make it any more symmetrical than it is now." The gym leader growled, his blue eyes full of aggression.

"Then I'm not battling any challengers." The problem dude folded his arms and stuck his nose in the air with a huff.

"JUST STOP YOU TWO!! WE HAVE A GYM CHALLENGE TO DO AND ARGUING ISN'T HELPING!!" Bea finally had enough and pushed the two guys apart, stopping their bickering almost instantaneously. "You," the gray haired girl pointed at the fighting type gym leader, " stop worrying about other problems and worry about your own! "

"And you," she turned to the other guy, "not everything is going to be symmetrical! Suck it up before I start calling you buttercup and deal with it!" Both of the gym leaders were silent, Bea glared at both of them and they went off to get ready for the challengers.

"Too bad I didn't get to use my other threats." Bea cracked her knuckles and left to find the others.

Alright new chapter!! Any suggestions for the fighting type gym leader's name? Also the ghost type's name is a reference. Is it bad that I already have the ending scenes planned out even though I still have like 15 chapters to go? That's all for now
L signing off

Quote of the chapter-
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
     -Mae West