Chapter 38: Better Than a Flying Taxi

Your POV

Arceus help me before I end those doctors. They said I can't walk on my own for a week and the champion battles are soon, I got a lucky break with the badge from Circhester but how am I getting the dark type badge and dragon type badge!? Milo suggested I get a wheelchair or something since I'd probably end up getting hurt again sooner or later and it would come in handy, but I refuse to allow another person to push me in a chair with wheels attached to it. Wait! I have an idea, "Hey Noivern can you come over for a sec?"

'Vern?' He flew over and I grabbed onto the wall next to me, then pushed off and leaned on Noivern's side. 'Noi Noivern.' Noivern understood and helped me get on his back, which he could easily hold my light form. I gripped the white mess of fluff on his neck and smiled.

"Alright do you think you can fly?" I asked and suddenly I was looking down at the roof of the barn, "Woah! Noivern I can ride you to Spikemuth and Hammerlocke, screw flying taxis and wheelchairs you're way better!"

'Vern Noi!' Noivern started flying in the direction of Spikemuth, "No not yet, Noivern!" I screeched and Noivern laughed, causing me to huff in annoyance. "Can you land please?" I voiced and the giant bat nodded, slowly diving down and landing.

'Noi.' He snickered when I sharply inhaled as we landed on the ground, then stretching his wing out for me to slide down.

"Shut it!" I growled and climbed off, the giant bat nudging me to the wall for support. I sat back down and Noivern rested his giant head on my lap, cooing softly for attention which I gladly gave.

"Well ain't that a sight," I looked up from petting Noivern and saw Dad, "never thought I'd see my daughter training a pokemon that she used to be horrified of."  My father walked up to me as he spoke.

'Vern.' Noivern growled and sniffed the (e/c) eyed man, not letting him any closer, that's right Noivern hasn't met Dad. The giant bat huffed and came back to me, giving Dad the okay.

"Where's your boyfriend's father? I came to talk to him about something."

'Noivern Vern?' Noivern screeched at the sound of boyfriend, "No, Noivern, I don't have a boyfriend. Dad, he isn't here now." I clarified for both questions and attempted to stand up but failed, curse that stupid water! I can't believe my legs still won't support my weight!

"Want some help?" Dad held out a hand and I shook my head.

"I can do it." I pushed his hand away and attempted to stand up again, doing much better this time. But life is cruel and I felt my knees shake, collapsing under me.

"Woah there." I was caught from behind, a familiar voice sounded and I could feel a soft breath next to my ear. "I thought you were supposed to stay off your feet, (y/n)." I looked back to see the farmer boy himself, Milo.

"Yeah and? Besides I found a way to get around and Dad needs to talk to your dad." I huffed before muttering those words and gripped the boy's shirt, I felt like I was gonna fall any minute. Luckily, Milo decided to sit us down and Dad smirked with a mischievous look in his eyes.

"When's the date and where is it?" That question caused both me and Milo to burst red and quickly shake out heads, earning an overdramatic laugh from Dad.

Milo sighed, "He's over by the Wooloo pens, Mr. (F/n)." With that Dad left in the direction of the said place and I shifted so I was facing the boy. "You have a better way to get around?"

"One, you know I'm too stubborn to let anyone push me in a chair with wheels and two, yes I have and it's better than a flying taxi." I smiled, Noivern made his presence known and shoved his head on my shoulder. "This giant puppy of a bat is my choice of transportation." I giggled.

"But what if you fall off?" As normal, Milo was worrying about my safety.

"Noivern here wouldn't let that happen and you could take a flying taxi to get there, then it wouldn't take as long."

"Actually, I've been thinking and I don't really want to compete in the champion battles anymore. I'd much rather be watching your battles in the stands or battle as a gym leader and give new trainers a reason to keep going." Milo admitted, my face fell but I quickly replaced the expression with determination.

"Then I'll win for both of us. I figure I should be heading off to Spikemuth soon, don't ya think?" I smiled and Milo nodded, "Though it's pretty late, I can leave first thing tomorrow. Sooooo, movie night?" I put the suggestion out there, which my friend happily agreed.

Milo stood up and held out a hand, I gladly took it and he pulled me up. Noivern huffed and flew into the barn, getting surrounded by Wooloo almost instantaneously. The rest of the team stopped playing and followed us inside along with Milo's.

"Alright you guys, what should we watch?" I voiced from next to a bucket full of movie cases and looked through the bucket. Boltund and Ninetails started arguing between two movies, Togetic wanted whatever I chose, and the rest didn't care what was chosen they just wanted to watch a movie. In the end I finally got all the pokemon to agree on a movie, which was (Favorite movie).

Togetic squealed and took the DVD, placing it in the DVD player and coming back with a remote. I shifted myself over to the couch and leaned against the bottom of it, the pokemon taking random places and settling down there.

"Milo hurry up, I'm going to start it without you!" I called and just after I said that he comes walking in, taking the remote from me as he sat down.

"You still aren't allowed with the remote, remember." He fiddled around with the buttons until it started the movie.

"Yeah yeah, just watch the movie."

Man I'm getting behind on my updates, hope y'all don't mind waiting. I keep running out of ideas towards the end, but I'm glad you guys still read.
L signing off