Chapter 30: Words

Your POV

"Go Mom!!" I heard from below me, this wasn't normal pokemon language it was like a person. I flashed down and scooped up the little pokemon, "Say that again." I asked and waited for Togepi to speak.

"Go Mom! Go Mom!" My eyes became as wide as a Hoothoot's, Togepi just spoke as in human words. "Mom?" The pokemon had a sad expression on her face, I shook my head and smiled.

"I'm fine, Togepi. I'm guessing that's all you can say, right?" I gave a soft smile and my 'child' nodded, repeating the two words. I turned back to Opal and walked forward, with Glaceon on my shoulders.

"As proof of you're win in the Ballonlea gym, the fairy badge. Good luck on your future battles." Opal handed me a badge with a pink butterfly etched in it, shaking my hand afterwards. I smiled and left the battle pitch, making my way to the lobby.

I was met by a hug, "Milo, why are you hugging me?" I instantly knew who the warm embrace was from, not being able to hug back due to the Togepi in my arms.

"I didn't know where you went, I left to talk to Piers and you were gone when I came back." He released me from the, possible, bone crushing hug and placed his hands on my shoulders. "So, hehe, how was it?"

Before I could speak, "Go Mom, go Mom!!" Togepi yelled, causing Milo to gasp and look from her to me and back several times. "You can talk!?" He exclaimed and I nodded.

"Hey can we talk about this somewhere that's not in front of the door." I gestured to a trainer patiently waiting for us to move, the boy nodded and we walked to an open bench. Milo's expression held it all, his pleading gaze was shocked but, extremely happy? "I don't really know what happened, I just defeated G-Max Alcreamie and I heard someone shout, go mom. Turns out, this little muffin was the culprit." Togepi squealed at the sound of me calling her a little muffin.

Milo opened his mouth a few times as if he was trying to say something, then the words finally came, "That's a-amazing!" He beamed, his smile faded and was then replaced with question, "If Togepi sees you as Mom then, who's Dad?" I let go of my 'child' and Glaceon, who had been listening to the entire conversation, spoke up, 'Glaceon Ceon Ceon.' I turned red and glared at Glaceon, who shrugged and said it was just a suggestion.

Togepi hopped into Milo's lap, 'Togepi Toge!' She announced and looked up at the freckle covered boy, I didn't think I could get any redder, Togepi sees Milo as her dad!?! qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm

Hold up,
Brain rebooting
3
2
1
Reboot complete!

"Hey are you okay?" Milo poked my nose, scaring the bejeezus out of me. I yelped in fright and the boy flinched back, "Oh my, I'm sorry I scared you." He frantically apologized, I shook my head. "Why did you space out like that?"

"Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...." I couldn't process anything right now, Milo sighed and looked away.

"I think I broke her, um Nessa can you help?" I don't think my reboot worked, Togepi hopped off of Milo's lap and started babbling a jumble of noises to me. Listening to her babble on and on somehow calmed me and I relaxed my tensed muscles, Milo and Nessa came back to me quietly listening to the endless babbles of Togepi.

"She doesn't look broken to me. Milo stop being such a worry Wobaffett." Nessa rolled her eyes and went back to the others, Milo sighed and sat down next to me.

"What did Togepi say earlier?" I looked at him, hoping I didn't have to say it and he could read my expression. Luckily for me, he did. "Togepi sees me as dad, is that what made you so nervous?" I nodded and Milo smiled, "I think it's really cute, I'm surprised that she isn't scared of me because of what happened."

That's when the words finally came to me and we talked for awhile, until we had to leave. We were going back to Hammerlocke and traveling to Circhester, I wanted to get a train ride home in Hammerlocke and keep Cherubi there because of how cold it was in Circhester. Of course, Milo was coming, he said there was a pokemon he wanted to find on route 5.

So our trip back to Hammerlocke was interesting, we spent the time playing with our pokemon and laughing. I tried to teach more words to Togepi but, she was satisfied with the two she knew. I also was stupid and fell off a ladder on route 6, the result was me twisting my ankle and lucky me there weren't anymore ladders after the one I fell from. Oh and Gossefleur evolved into an Eldegloss! Milo was so happy his partner evolved, now both of our pokemon partners were evolved. But as of now, Milo and I are waiting to get to Turffield.

"What pokemon did you want to catch, Milo?" I asked the boy across from me, he was getting cotton out of Zigzagoon's fur. The badger like pokemon had ran into Eldegloss earlier and got cotton everywhere, which Togepi decided to decorate Zigzagoon with it. Funny thing was the hyperactive pokemon actually stood still and allowed her to turn him into a tiny Wooloo, the sight was too adorable for words.

"You'll see, (y/n). Shouldn't you be worried about who you'll fill Cherubi's spot on your team with?" he responded, I already decided that I'd find a pokemon in the grass outside of Hammerlocke. "How's your ankle feeling? That fall was really bad." He asked me and gave Togepi another puff of cotton, allowing her to add it to the growing pile of cotton.

"Oh this, that ain't stopping me. I'm fine, farmer boy." I smiled at him, Glaceon got tired of watching the window and plopped down on my lap. "Hey, Glaceon, finally decided to stop being antisocial and join us?" My choice of words earned a slight glare from the ice type and a giggle from Togepi. 'Ceon.' She huffed and stuck her nose in the air, turning away from me but not moving from my lap.

"Hey look, we're almost there!"

Man this chapter took a bit, so how'd you like it? I don't know what else to put,
L signing off