Lifesaver

So yeah I found a way to connect these, it'll be awhile. Eheh I don't know if the dares are good..... Anyways more backstory of the book, ON WITH THE BOOK!!

The darkness faded and I was in a circle of my friends, we were playing truth or dare in the wild area. "(y/n), you're first! Truth or dare?" That was Nessa, I mentally laughed at how she was always like this and the fact that she lacked the creativity to choose someone other than me.

"Okay, I choose dare." I chose with confidence, Nessa thought for a moment and then smiled.

"I know you will hate me for this but, you have to go stay 10 minutes by the tree." She spoke, my face fell. This time was before she really knew why I hated that tree, she thought I just never liked the area but oh how far from the truth that was.

I sighed, "Fine, but expect hell when I get back." My voice was dangerously serious and Nessa knew I wasn't playing around, I then left in the direction of the said place. I didn't blame her for doing that, she didn't know about the ordeal. My muscles tensed up as I saw the place come into view, well here goes.

I sat down a few feet away from the tree and closed my eyes, doing all I could to not think about that. It worked for a little bit until the cry of a pokemon scared me and guess what, it was a Skwovet. That's what shattered the walls I put up to protect my mind from the memory, causing a tear to roll down my cheek. How long have I been here?! The memory flooded my mind but it was altered and more like a nightmare, make it stop!

I struggled to stay sitting right there and keep the cries in, doing this made my vision fog up and everything was slowly getting numb. I didn't like showing weakness to anybody except for a special few, the reason being that I didn't want to let anyone in and then lose them. Weakness gave people the chance to come into my life and I won't ever know if they were there to stay or would leave the moment I opened up.

As time passed, the normally calming sounds of the Dappled Grove turned into noises of that a nightmare. It felt like I was in water, slowly sinking deeper and losing my breath. I didn't know how much longer my barrier would last, any minute that last thread keeping me from falling apart could snap. My thoughts swirled around everywhere in my mind until, something stopped it.

I couldn't stop shaking as I looked around, the nightmare I was in just disappeared. It was like a lifesaver was wrapped around me and pulled me from the merciless darkness, giving me oxygen and rebuilding the walls that crumbled. My vision cleared like a towel wiping dew from a mirror and my numbness faded, the anesthesia was worn off. My eyes landed on two people, Milo and Nessa.

Milo looked extremely worried but, I noticed when he looked at Nessa his face contorted into anger. I couldn't read Nessa, her expression was too mixed with emotion that nothing stood out. The first thing I heard was Milo, "Nessa that was too far, have you ever thought about why she hates this place." His voice never raised, though it's normal gentleness was turned cold and Nessa couldn't take her eyes from my shaking form. Then she collapsed next to me and pulled me into an embrace, murmuring endless apologies and words of her wrong. Before I could speak, I fell into darkness again.

Again with this, my sight came to me. I heard singing, is that... No it can't be. I followed the ringing of noise that was leading me to a garden, my garden. I walked into the beautiful place and found my mother singing, she was sitting on a bench and feeding a few Pidove. Her song stopped when she turned around to see me, all her features were there. Her ocean blue eyes and pale skin, which was covered by her long (h/c) hair. "Come on, (y/n). Come sit."

I slowly walked over and sat by her, "You feeling any better?" I nodded and watched a Pidove hop onto my lap, cooing softly. "That's great! Maybe tomorrow we can plant a few lily of the valley." No, I remember this. We won't get to plant anything because you die tomorrow. I felt tears roll down my face, this woman who I called mom was the anchor that kept me in reality. "Hey why are you crying?"

I looked up, this wasn't Mom this was Milo. His form took the place of my mother, instead of Pidove it was Cherubi and Gossefleur. He did the same thing my mother would do, wipe the tears away. After Mom died, the garden became a special place for just me and Milo and even if we didn't bother planting anything new, we still kept it beautiful. "It's about her isn't it?" I nodded slowly as he pulled me closer to him, rubbing circles on my back.

I felt worse as his touch faded and darkness shrouded my vision again, that's when I realized.

He's my lifesaver.

So how'd you like it? I don't know what to put here so
L signing off