Chapter 40: A Morpeko for You

Your POV

The trio of my pokemon and I walked through the big entrance of the Spikemuth building, which, if I was honest, it looked like one huge alleyway. The inner buildings were rusted and cracked, it was full of boxes and the whole look of the place screamed that something illegal could take place. Not that anything like that has happened.

"Look, uncle, it's the challenger that we saw on the Tv!" An extremely young voice bounced off the dull, gray walls and caught my attention.

"You sure it's that girl?" Another voice followed, this one sounded more gruff and mature. A young girl ran up to me, she had black hair that was pulled into tiny pigtails, bright and curious teal eyes, and a pink dress with black leggings that reached past her knees. She was probably the owner of the younger voice.

"Course I'm sure, she's right in front of me." Yep this was the owner of the first voice, the overall look of her face reminded me of Piers. The girl then turned to me, "Big brother said you jumped off a bridge to save your pokemon, is that true?" She asked, curiosity flowing from her seafoam green eyes and her Spikemuth accent thick in her childish voice.

"Now now, Marnie, don't go askin' random people questions." The owner of the second voice appeared, he was an older man with graying hair and a darker shade of teal for eyes, he wore a zipped up black jacket and blue jeans with a pair of black boots. "Come on, you're probably annoyin' the girl." He huffed.

I gave Lucario a glance and then knelt down, with the aura pokemon holding me steady. "Well then, what's the name of your big brother?" I asked the curious girl, who got stars in her eyes when I knelt down.

"My big brother is named Piers and he's trainin' to be Spikemuth's gym leader, but I don't think he's too happy bout it." She answered, sounding less enthusiastic when she said the second half. So I was right about her being his little sis. "He said he'd much rather be playin' his music and wait till I was older but, uncle said that he was gonna retire soon and needed someone to take over." She continued and I stood back up, with Lucario's help of course.

"If that's the case, I'm (y/n) and yes what Piers said is true. And this here is Lucario and Glaceon." I introduced, gesturing to each pokemon with their name. "I'm here to challenge the gym."

"I thought all you trainers were past this gym, but this is good. Now Piers can have his first battle as a gym leader." The older man spoke up, sounding pleased with his idea. Marnie suddenly ran past me and stopped at the entrance, her expression was radiating with excitement.

"Did you catch any pokemon for your team, big brother!?" She squealed, that's where he was, I huffed and shuffled my foot, signaling Lucario I wanted to move and we walked over.

"No I didn't Marnie, not a single one." There was the walking form of depressed himself, I then looked to the young girl who's face fell at the answer she got. "That's because I didn't catch one for my team, I caught a pokemon for you." Piers smiled, pulling out a dusk ball and letting the small girl take it.

Marnie's face lit up like leaves in a fire and all down sides were forgotten, being replaced with her former excitement, "For me? Really?" She fiddled with the pokeball, trying to figure out how to get it open and I stayed quiet. I can wait until the moment is over, besides getting a pokemon for the first time is a special. I shouldn't ruin it. I smiled, watching a less dark and gloomy side of Piers being shown as he knelt down to help her. What came from the pokeball was a Morpeko, a pokemon that resembled a hamster or a guinea pig with gray fur on one side and dark brown on the other. "Big brother, I love her already." The black haired girl voiced, earning a soft smile from her brother.

"I'm glad, sorry I can't talk much longer but you know how our uncle is about training." I felt it was about time I made my presence known, doing so by clearing my throat.

"How's gym leader training been, you emo?" I spoke up, catching their attention almost instantaneously. Piers lost the almost normal look on his face and replaced it with the more monotone one.

"Eh, I guess it's okay but I'm not suited for it. By the way, I noticed it's just you here. Is Milo catching up or something?" Piers mumbled just loud enough to be heard, which I wasn't surprised.

"He dropped out of the gym challenge, in fact I think he already talked to Arin about it and is starting his training now. I still plan on taking Lee's ego down a few notches by becoming the champion." I answered, Glaceon agreed with me on Leon's ego."I was told that I'd be battling you for the badge and I think it's about time Togetic and Lucario got some real battle experience, it'll be an honor to be the first person you present the badge to." I smiled and Marnie moved over to me, her Morpeko in tow.

"I don't want you to hurt big brother's pokemon, then he'll be sad." I huffed softly at her sad expression at the thought of a battle between my pokemon and Piers'.

"But how will I get the badge and be able to finish the gym challenge?" I pouted playfully, giving Marnie a disappointed look. "You can't just give me the gym badge without a battle and they only allow a few exceptions."

"Marnie, why don't you leave them alone and we go show Morpeko her new home." The older man spoke up, huh I forgot he was there. The said girl nodded and picked up the little pokemon, following the man and they left.

"Let's have that gym battle, shall we?" I looked back to the black and white haired boy, who nodded and told me to follow him.

As we were walking, I felt Lucario's grip loosen and before I could say anything I fell. 'Lucario?' The aura pokemon questioned and Glaceon flicked his leg with her tail, Piers did nothing but watch with his normal expression. I shifted myself so I was sitting normal, "Just help me up, I can't wait until I can walk by myself." I huffed and was lifted into a standing position, then we kept walking and Lucario was more careful this time.

"Well here's the battle pitch, it'll be a normal battle since Spikemuth doesn't have a power spot." Piers spoke once we approached the battlefield, it was much less flashy than the others with a fence surrounding it and not a single stand. Did I mention there wasn't a stadium? Cause this was like a basketball court just rearranged to be a battle pitch.

I was set down in my position and Piers took his, time to get the badge.

Man this chapter was fun to write. I was doing some research for the chapter and found that Piers gave Marnie her Morpeko so I thought I'd add it in. Anyway have fun and I might not update till late tomorrow night,
L signing off
(

Edited)