Chapter 15: The Impossible Gym

Your POV

"Do you think I can defeat Kabu? I heard a lot of challengers drop out because they can't beat him." I glanced up at my nervous friend. "Sure you can besides, we have an advantage," I encouraged . "We do?" I smiled , "Course we do, remember we know the pokemon he has and his fighting style." He nodded back and we continued our chattering.

"What's the hold up?" I asked when I saw our group of friends, "Kabu not here or something?" They shook their heads, "Apparently some gym trainers forgot to set up something." Gordie answered, "I feel bad for whoever forgot, if Kabu asks you to do something you do it. If you don't you get the look of disappointment, it's like punishment without him even doing anything." I mumbled, Milo agreed. We have experienced the look of disappointment, we saw it and instantly regretted everything. It's not that it's scary it makes you feel so guilt stricken you can't bear to see the look anymore, I'm not good at explaining it. (Think of the worst disappointed look your parents have ever given you)

"Honestly it shouldn't be too much longer of a wait." " If this keeps up I'm going." I listened to the other challengers talking about the hold up, "Okay we fixed up the issue, now the gym challenge is ready." A worker called. A bunch of relieved sighs were let out, "I'm going first you guys." I shouted and ran to the gym challenge.

I'm going to skip the challenge and get to the battle, and we're off!

I finished the challenge quickly, it was getting five points, you earned two for catching a pokemon and earned one for defeating one. Considering my catching skills, I got through it with ease.

I was more worried about my type matchups against Kabu's fire types, I know we're ready though, my pokemon and I will get through it together! 'Eevee!' My partner was determined to win as well, "Yeah Eevee, it'll make us more deserving of the badge with the equal advantages and disadvantages." I smiled, " It will won't it." I'd recognize that voice anywhere!

"Kabu! You ready to get your flames put out?" I let him catch up, he gave a knowing look. "If you're so determined, I would guess you have something up your sleeve." I huffed at the man who got stuck watching me and my friend when he visited, "You really know how to ruin my determination." After that I fell silent, until we made it to the center.

"To be here now you must have bested both Arin's and Juvia's pokemon, I commend you for that. But I believe you'll find it harder to get past mine. " I practically knew his entire start of the battle. He should have been more careful about letting me and Milo watch his and Arin's battles.

"Go Ninetails!" I smirked my plan would be underway the moment I started, "Alright Boltund you know what to do!" Boltund didn't hesitate, all of my pokemon knew the plan and would stick to it.

"Alright Boltund, use Thunderbolt!" Boltund barked and massive amounts of electricity sparked from his fur, "Ninetails use Will O' Wisps!" I waited for the right moment, not yet..... Almost.... "Boltund let's put the plan into action!" I gave a smirk to Kabu, Boltund kept the electricity buzzing and shook his fur to send water flying in Ninetails direction. The water droplets started getting the fire fox pokemon's creme fur damp, at the same instant, Boltund used his Thunderbolt shocking Ninetails. (Just go with it I'm tryna be big brain lol) I also figured if Kabu was going to burn my pokemon, I was going to stop that by getting their fur wet so the fire won't catch and burn them. I watched the Ninetails trying to get back up, no use I would be surprised if you weren't paralyzed by that amount of voltage, "Finish it off, use Bite!" I shouted, the paralyzed pokemon has no chance when Boltund latched onto it. Knocking out Ninetails with the swift blow, "Alright come back buddy, it's time for a rest." Boltund ran back to me and I called him back.

"I wasn't expecting that but, I'm still not going down without a fight. Alright Arcanine!" My opponent sent out a massive dog like pokemon. "Time to shine, Cherubi." I let out the tiny berry pokemon, I heard tons of gasps in the crowd. "What is this trainer planning?! She just sent a Cherubi to fight Kabu's Arcanine!" The speaker announced, Cherubi looked nervous at the crowd not cheering for her, "It's alright, they'll see you come out without a single scratch and they will love you." I encouraged, 'Cherub Cher!' She squeaked and stared down Arcanine. "You really must be confident in this plan of yours to send out a Cherubi, Arcanine use Fire Spin!" Kabu shouted and Arcanine quickly built up a flame to shoot at Cherubi. "Cherubi time to give the crowd a performance." I needn't say anything else, Cherubi then began singing a melodic sound to put Arcanine to sleep, 'Cherub Cher Cherub~" she sang out and a thud was heard, Arcanine was asleep! "Alright come back," I called Cherubi to her pokeball and sent out Eevee. "Okay Eevee, use Quick Attack!" I watched as the dripping wet Eevee rammed into the fire type and got water everywhere. Kabu was waiting for Arcanine to wake, not begging for it to get up and look like he was panicking. It automatically gave me another turn, since the opponent was still deep in slumber, "Now use Swift." Eevee attacked again, 'Canine!' I heard the fire type pokemon wake up, stars were being flung into it's face the moment it woke though.

"Hmm seems Arcanine is out as well, time to G-Max." He let out a Centiskorch, I let out Vulpix. Vulpix will be able to stand the fire for an extra turn, giving us extra time in dynamax. The beat dropped and Kabu G-Maxed Centiskorch, "Alright Vulpix, hang in there! When you can use Ember!" I said to my fire fox , "This trainer is either crazy or has another plan! That Vulpix will never survive those G-Max hits!" I sighed at that. I prepared for the G-max and gave all my pokemon candies, though mostly gave Vulpix health candy so he could withstand the attacks thrown at him. Those health candies were something our plan couldn't do without and they were proving it now. "Alright Vulpix, time to dynamax!" I called him back and threw his now giant pokeball behind me. "Use Max Flame!" Vulpix shot a mega flame at G-Max Centiskorch, who was now in it's last turn off G-Max. Kabu then used Max Flutterby again and it was over for Centiskorch. "Vulpix use Max Darkness!" Vulpix sent a massive amount of dark matter at the now minuscule looking fire centipede, the max move ended it for Kabu. I won, our plan worked!!

"Alright out everybody, I didn't make the plan myself. You guys deserve credit for our win." I held Cherubi tightly, "Great job!" I smiled at each one of them as the crowd roared cheering for us. "Looks like you won, (y/n), now that I think about it you did take in all my moves and battle tactics back then." He held a proud smile, a small one though, "Thanks for the battle, Kabu, I felt like that was my best one yet. Now, are you going to give me my badge? You have a bunch of challengers outside, all of them growing impatient." I called back my pokemon, besides Eevee of course, and folded my arms. "You're still the same you know, I bet you still drag Milo along with you everywhere." He said as he shook my hand, giving me the badge. I rolled my eyes and said goodbye, leaving the battle field.

"We heard the announcer from here! Did you really send Cherubi out against Arcanine?" I nodded and smiled , "Cherubi also came out without a single scratch. Don't just congratulate Cherubi, Vulpix deserves some big amount of recognition too." My friends kept asking questions , I just stopped and said, "Watch the battle replay of want to know so bad. " I pushed my way past the crowd.

The Impossible Gym huh? I don't see why.

New chapter!!! Sorry if you were confused about the epic plan, I needed a cool way to use the information I gave about Kabu, our reader, and Milo. Otherwise it would be a useless part of the story, anyways I hope you liked the chapter and with that
L signing off