Chapter 46: To Lose Once Again

Your POV

"What!?" I screeched in horror and the woman I had learned to be my sister in law, Ruby, sighed from the other side of the phone.

"Yes Lance is dead, he grew very ill and just when the doctors thought he'd make it, he had a heart attack and passed. Your brother told me to call you and tell you what happened before he left." I felt tears roll down my face and I choked back a sob, Lance, the biggest moron and my first friend is gone. I heard Ruby speak again, "Hey I'll call you back once I have the date of his funeral and you're welcome to come to Kalos any time." I gave a choked okay and hung up.

I only had a few memories of Lance but they were all good ones, my favorite was when he had taken me to the wild area and we had all sorts of fun. He called me muffin and I guess I kinda got that habit of calling Togetic that from him. My last memory of him was when he left,

(Flashback)

"There's nothing here for me Dad! I can't stand being in the same place all my memories of Mom are, it breaks my heart when they always come back up."  I heard my brother's voice and walked into the kitchen, seeing my Dad and brother.

Lance was a tall guy and he had dark brown hair with ocean blue eyes, he was my best friend and did everything with me. "I don't care, Lance, you still have things to hold on to he-"

"No Dad! You don't understand, how would you feel if you stayed where all the memories of your dead parent were!? When their blood is on your hands!?!?" I whined and a tear fell from my eye, I watched as the rage filled expression of my brother softened once he saw me. "Oh, muffin, I didn't see you."

"Why are you and Daddy fighting?" I questioned quietly and ran into Lance's arms.

"Well, muffin, I am going away and you probably won't see me again. So I was just coming to say goodbye." My big brother explained and I clung to his shirt like my life depended on it.

"Don't leave us, Mom will be sad if you do."

"No Mom isn't here and she won't ever be here again. She's up in the sky now and is watching over from above, muffin." I nodded and loosened my grip .

"Okay bye Lance." I said goodbye and let go, a bunch of sniffs erupted from my nose.

"Muffin, I want you to take care of the place for me, okay?" He hugged me and I nodded.

That was the last I saw of him.

(End of flashback)

I sobbed a bit more until the break ended and I was instantly called to the pitch after the battle before. I let out Glaceon, I want her to be there for this. I thought and dried my eyes, then walking through the tunnel with Glaceon beside me the whole way. I stopped and thought about my decision, then nodded approving my own choice.

"In this corner, trainer 242, Raihan and the other corner is trainer 133, (y/n)! A battle between two powerhouses and amazing battle skills, let the-"

"WAIT!!" I cut off the announcer and the entire crowd fell silent, Glaceon looked confused, and Raihan held concern in his blue eyes. "I have something to say before the match." I took a deep breath,

Milo's POV

"I forfeit the match." I heard (y/n) speak with an extreme sadness, her face looked red and puffy and I could tell she had been crying. I watched as Raihan tried to talk her out of it.

"But, (y/n), you could be the champion of Galar if you don't forfeit and you worked so hard to get here, even after the accident. Thi-"

"I have made my decision and I was given information that would keep me from winning, Raihan I want you to beat Lee and if you don't please become the dragon type gym leader to show him up next gym challenge." The tiny girl looked up at the tanned skin boy and hugged him, I could hear sobs from the speakers in the stadium.

The girl then slowly walked off the field and I rushed out of the stands, not really caring if I ran into anyone. She just gave up, she's never given up. Something must be extremely wrong. I made it to the elevator that led to the locker room and made my way there.

I saw a crying (y/n) and I rushed to her side, "Hey, what happened?" I pulled her into a tight embrace and rubbed circles on her back.

"Noth-"

"Don't you say nothing because, you are crying and just gave up the chance to be champion. I want to help." I rested my head on hers as she told it all, from the call to where her brother had gone.

"I'm going to Kalos after the champion battles." She finished and I sighed sadly, my hand stopped the constant circle motion.

"But,"

"I already decided and I assure you I'll be back someday." I nodded sadly and pulled away, cupping her puffed cheek and I planted a small kiss on the uncupped cheek. I don't think her face could have gotten any redder and all sound in the room ceased.

"Stop sulking okay, why don't we go and do something else alright?" I suggested .

"Thank you for everything Milo."

"Anything to make you happy."

Can I be honest for a sec? I was legit crying while writing this and I had to get a towel because my tears kept getting my screen wet. Hope you liked it
L signing off
(

Edited)