Chapter 6: Battle Spirits

Third-person

It was about 10:30 and the tension was high. With the challenge and the battle, it took a bit for each trainer to finish. "Leon knew what he was doing, if I had known how long we were waiting I would have rushed here too." It was Bea, "Yeah but then you wouldn't have been able to come to the campout." That was (y/n). "Even if I broke Milo, it was fun to hang out with everyone." Nessa piped in. "You're lucky (y/n) could fix him, if she couldn't you would be missing a lot of blood right now." Raihan pointed out. "Really? I wouldn't think a girl like her was capable of that." Gordie gave the small girl a curious, yet fearful glance. "When we were younger, some kid started bullying Milo and when (y/n) found out she kicked the crap out of the kid." Piers said flatly, Gordie shuddered, "Remind me not to get on her bad side."

Milo came from the entryway, a grass badge and his badge ring in hand. "Great job, Milo, how did your pokemon do?" (Y/n) congratulated and stood up. "Oddish fainted but, that was the only bad thing." He was beaming with pride. "I'll go next, so Piers doesn't have to worry about being rushed." The (h/c) haired girl gestured to the steady-paced dark type lover. They all wished her luck and she set off.

"To get to the battlefield, you must complete the challenge. That challenge is herding our unruly Wooloo." The instructor told the trainer after he finished, the foghorn sounded and it started.

She already knew how to herd Wooloo well, seeing as Turffield was her hometown. Rushing the cloud-like sheep towards the stacks of hay bales, trainer 133 quickly got the Wooloo to their pens. It went by fast and like that (y/n) had completed the challenge.

"Okay now to battle, you ready Eevee?" The evolution pokemon was now out of her Pokeball. They said she couldn't be out for the challenge, 'Eevee!' She gave a determined look to her trainer as the pair walked through the tunnel.

The crowd cheered like no tomorrow when (y/n) and the gym leader, Arin, came out. "To get through the challenge that quickly, you must be an excellent trainer." The grass leader praised, "Oh it was nothing, I am from here so Wooloo herding is kind of a past time." She brushed off and they parted to their side of the field. "Well then, don't think I'll be going easy just because you're from Turffield. My pokemon and I are tougher than weeds!" He let out a young Gloom while his opponent let out her Vulpix.

"Okay Vulpix, use Ember!" She shouted and Vulpix shot out a flame, it was bigger than usual. "Use Razor Leaf," Arin told the Gloom, it shot out many pointed leaves at Vulpix. "Use Agility and dodge the leaves!" Vulpix weaved through the flying leaves and came face to face with Gloom. "Bad idea, Gloom use Leaf Storm." Her opponent called to the Gloom, a huge tornado of leaves appeared around Vulpix and Gloom. "Okay Vulpix, now use Ember again and set the leaves ablaze!" Arin looked shocked at her plan, watching as the Gloom's tornado became a fiery vortex. After the flames dissipated, Vulpix leaped back to (y/n) and the smoke revealed a fainted Gloom. "Okay Vulpix, can you keep going?" The (h/l) haired girl asked the firefox, 'Vulpix Vul.' He nodded with determination.

"Guess I just might have to Dynamax," Arin sent out a Leafeon, and Vulpix went back to his position after eating a Dynamax candy. "I've been waiting to use this new move, Leafeon Dynamax!!" He called back the evolved Eevee and threw a giant Pokeball behind him. Out came a huge pokemon, "C'mon Vulpix, let's show em what you can really do!" The young trainer also called back her pokemon and threw the Pokeball back. The crowd became silent when the beat dropped for this act, "Leafeon, used Max Overgrowth! See if your Vulpix can handle my max move!" He shouted. "Vulpix don't bother dodging, use Max Flame and shoot it at those seeds!" The now minuscule looking trainer commanded. A huge flame was shot at the mega seeds that were shot, it caused them to explode into the max move plants in midair. "Use Max Strike!" A normal type move, probably kept from when Leafeon was an Eevee. "Use Max Strike as well!" The two Dynamax pokemon cracked the ground under the other and shot a deadly amount of power from the ground. An explosion was heard, though it wasn't visible to show which pokemon fainted.

'Vulpix Pix Pix Vul!' A normal-sized Vulpix called and padded to his trainer. The one to faint was Leafeon, "Heh, that was a badge worthy battle you just gave, young trainer." Arin rubbed the back of his neck and smiled. (Y/n) called back Vulpix and the two met in the center. "As proof of your amazing battle, I'll give you the grass badge. I expect great things from your future battles." He shook her hand and handed the girl a badge. "That was really fun, thank you for letting me give it all we had." She beamed and left the stadium.

"Did you win?" "We heard loud booms from the stadium, was it you?" Etc, the girl was bombarded with questions and the battle replay showed on the screen. "That's what happened, I wasn't going to have my first gym battle not be epic." She placed her hands on her hips and smiled.

The battle held true battle spirit.

Another chapter, not much fluff just an epic battle. If you're not happy with the pokemon the gym leader had, I didn't want the same ones as Milo it'll be the same for the other gym leaders. That's all for now
L signing off