Chapter 45: Arrogance Vs. Sheer Willpower

Your POV

I walked through the tunnel for my first battle and my opponent was unknown to me, I felt pride swell up inside me when I heard cheers louder than any other gym battle I've been in and I took a deep breath before stepping out into the stadium lights. Making my way to the center and was met by nobody, must be delayed I huffed and looked around the crowds for a certain person. My eyes then fell on a familiar face and I smiled when he met my eyes, making a slight wave to him and turning back to see my opponent coming up.

Axle.

I narrowed my eyes a little and the silvery gold eyed boy returned the glare, "Looks like I'll be the one to show all of Galar how strong I really am and it'll be a piece of cake seeing it's you I'm up against." He spoke and held out his hand,  which I firmly took and shook it.

"Don't count on it, remember you've only seen my capabilities not my team's." I then flipped around and walked to my position. Gripping a pokeball and waiting for my opponent to send out his pokemon.

"Alright folks here we have our second match and on one side is trainer 050, Axle. While on the other side we have the challenger who most of us know by now, trainer 133, (y/n). Both sides are extremely powerful and this could be a close match, so let's get this underway!" The announcer called and Axle sent out a Beartic, an ice type huh? "Okay Ninetails!" I sent out the fire fox.

"Okay buddy, time to give it our all use Will-O-Wisp!" I shouted and Ninetails readied his attack, "Use Blizzard!" The messy blue haired boy the returned and Ninetails burned Beartic, but got hit in a mass of snow. Though due to his heated body the snow melted around him instantly, "Now use Extrasensory!" I yelled and a physic feel entered the atmosphere, an invisible force being shot at the opponent. "Dodge it and use Super Power to finish it!" Axle commanded and the attack was dodged, the polar bear like pokemon then rushed forward with a fist readied and Ninetails looked back to me waiting for a command. I nodded and that was the signal for a certain move, Ninetails built up a massive flame in his mouth and ran towards a seemingly fatal attack. The ice bearded pokemon swung its powered up fists at Ninetails and a billow of dust was kicked up, "Now Ninetails!" I smirked and a huge fiery red light bursted through the dust. Ninetails had shot an Inferno at Beartic from a melee range and it maximized his power, a loud crash was heard and the now settling dust revealed a fainted Beartic.

We both called back our pokemon and I sent out Lucario, while Axle sent out a low key form Toxtricity. "Toxtricity use Poison Jab!" He commanded and I yawned just to anger my arrogant opponent, "Use Bone Rush and block the jabs until you get a clear chance!" I then shouted and Lucario rushed forward with his bone in hand, swiping it to stop the poison jabs and occasionally flipping through multiple shots of poison at once to show off. Then the aura pokemon got in range of Toxtricity and struck it with Bone Rush several times, causing lots of damage. "Use Overdrive!" before I could make a command Lucario was hit with a devastating blow of electricity and he fell to the floor,I waited to see if he would get up and then Axle took this to his advantage. "Hit em in close quarters again with Discharge!" He shouted and I saw Lucario faintly smirk, my eyes grew wide and I just watched as the moment Toxtricity came into range Lucario flashed up. Then smashed it down into the ground with a Bone Rush and I realized Lucario had taken the battle in his own paws, a great strategy too. The opposing Toxtricity had fainted and I called Lucario back due to his current condition.

"I underestimated you, short stack. But I'm still not done yet!" My blue haired opponent sent out a Roserade and I smirked, "Heck yeah you underestimated me and that mistake is gonna cost you your victory, let's go Noivern!" I sent out my puppy of a bat and the two pokemon glared at each other. "Alright use Air Cutter!" I shouted and Axle called for a Petal Blizzard, both attacks making contact with their opponent only one though caused massive damage. That was Noivern's attack. "Alright use Super Fang and finish it off!" " Roserade use Petal Dance and stop that nuisance in its tracks!" The attack from Roserade hit Noivern before he could get close and I called for a Draco Meteor, a move that allowed for long range attacks. A crash of meteors came down upon the opponent and took the last of Its energy.

"Its time to battle, Araquanid!" Axle sent out a giant spider with a bubble around it's head and I sent out Boltund to go against it. "Boltund use Wild Charge!" I shouted and my electric hound ran forward, growing faster with each stride, "Use Lunge!" The blue haired boy commanded but the Araquanid missed and Boltund latched onto the spider, sending out massive electric charges and shocking the opponent. We need to finish this one quickly because I don't want to send out Togetic against her former trainer, but if I don't end this soon I just might have to, I called for another devastating hit with Wild Charge and my response was Axle calling for a Crunch, this time the Araquanid crunching down on Boltund. "Send your electricity through its mouth, Boltund!" I shouted and the attack was made, with the spider falling limp and releasing Boltund.

"Hang in there Boltund! One more pokemon and you're done!" I called and Axle sent out an Arcanine, good no type advantage or disadvantage. I smiled at the matchup. "Arcanine use Fire Fang!" "Retaliate with Spark!" The two canine like pokemon rushed at each other and bit into their opponent, leaving normal damage to each side. Though Boltund was left with a burn and Arcanine was paralyzed, but that gave me the advantage here. "Boltund use Wild Charge!" I shouted and the electric hound rushed forward, shocking the opponent with a crunch and taking more damage. But it didn't do the trick yet and I called for another Wild Charge, this time taking out the opponent.

"So my partner's turn now, ey? You're gonna regret the day you decided to shoot for the champion title! Corviknight time to gigantamax!" Axle chunked a giant pokeball behind him and out came a gigantamax Corviknight. I grabbed Glaceon's pokeball, bringing it close to my face, "It's your turn, Glaceon, give it your all." I whispered and threw her now massive pokeball behind me, "Gigantamax Glaceon!" I shouted and the crowd roared at our battle display, "Corviknight use Max Steelspike!" Axle yelled and I then made my attack, "Max Hailstorm!" Both sides attacked and from Glaceon's came a hail storm, normal damage done to each side. "Use Max Strike!" We both yelled at the same time and a mass of energy struck both pokemon from the ground, leaving both sides low on energy.

I closed my eyes and took a couple deep breaths, remembering everything we've been through and where it all started. My eyes shot open and I yelled, "G-Max Light Freeze!!" Before Axle could make a command the pitch turned to ice and a loud crash was heard, the Gigantamax Corviknight was in an ice block and I smirked at my opponent. "I win." I spoke as lights shot into the ice block and took out his Corviknight.

"But how?" The boy was speechless and I just called back a weak Glaceon, not bothering to answer.

"There you have it! Trainer 133 has won and will be moving on to the semi finals!" I smiled one last time before leaving the pitch.

Time Skip

The last two battles of the first round had finished, Raihan had beaten Bea and Leon defeated Nessa. Now we were given a break to get our teams back in shape and I was sitting alone in the locker room, then my phone buzzed.

I looked at the number, it was from Kalos. I hung up but the person called again, this time I answered.

"Are you (y/n)?" A mature, feminine voice instantly spoke, I huffed and asked why, "I'll explain it if you give me an answer."

"Yeah I'm (y/n), now what do you want?"

The lady explained and my eyes grew wide, then my phone fell from my hand and hit the floor.
"What!?"

Okay cliffhanger! Not much to say so
L signing off
(

Edited)