Chapter 23: Bright Lights

Okay so this is more or less a reference to the version I created.

Your POV

"Anyway let's battle, shall we?" Lucille gave a shaky smile and walked to her position on the battlefield. I smiled back determinedly, "We shall," I walked back to my position, "go Ninetails!" I sent out the nine-tailed fox and nodded determinedly before the other girl sent out her pokemon.

"All right, c'mon Froslass. I know you can do it." Lucille sent out an ice type and ghost type combo, my smile grew even bigger when I saw the matchup.

"Okay, Ninetails, use Flamethrower!" I commanded and Ninetails built up a flame in his mouth, "Froslass, use Hex." Lucille let out a hesitant command, though she weakly held in her nerves. The attack from Froslass hit Ninetails, not much damage was done since the fox has no status conditions. Ninetails had huge flames coming from his mouth, he looked like a mega evolved Charizard, and shot it at the ghost/ice type, hitting directly on its face. The attack didn't knock it out though, "Alright, use Swift!" I shouted but before the attack could be made, "Okay, Froslass use Destiny's Bond." Lucille sounded much more confident in the move and Froslass shot a ghastly ball of light at Ninetails. The stars hit Froslass and knocked it out but, just after the knockout, Ninetails was hit and instantly fainted. I called Ninetails back and pulled out another pokeball.

"Let's go, Boltund!" I sent out the electric hound and Lucille sent out her pokemon, "Your turn, Doublade." She sent out a pokemon made of two sword blades. "Use Crunch!" I said and Boltund rushed forward and locked onto one of the two blades, cracking the metal. "U-use Slash, Doublade." The black-haired girl stuttered a little and the sword that was free swiped itself against Boltund, sending him off the other blade. 'Tund!' The electric hound barked and rushed back to bite the uncracked blade after I said to use Crunch again. "Use Shadow Sneak." Lucille sounded and the Doublade flashed behind Boltund and attacked him. Boltund flipped around and latched his jaws on the uncracked blade as it recoiled. "Nice job, Boltund!" I praised and saw the double blades faint after the attack.

( "Woo go Boltund!!" Bea shouts, "Beat her for story me!!" I looked back and saw Bea with snacks, " When did you get here? I didn't know you could be so quiet. " Bea just shrugs and takes a bite out of a pickle.)

"Can you keep going?" I asked Boltund, ' Boltund Bolt.' The hyper pokemon yapped and turned back to Lucille, who sent out Cursola. Not to be confused with Corsola, this was an evolved form of the coral like pokemon. "Alright, use Spark!" " Cursola, use Perish Song." Cursola sang out a song similar to Cherubi's but, had a different pitch and melody. My eyes widened, "Boltund we need to finish this in three moves or less!" The attack from Boltund did normal damage, not as effective as his dark type move. "Use Strength Sap." The sickly purple eyed girl commanded, I asked Boltund to use Crunch beforehand. Boltund got his strength sapped up by Cursola and the coral like pokemon gained more health. One move. "Use Quick Attack!" Boltund rammed himself into the Cursola, "Okay now use Hex." My electric hound was hit by a dark aura and he leaped back to position. Two moves. "Okay, this should do it, Boltund attack with Crunch one last time!" I shouted. My hunch was right, Cursola fainted after the attack. After three moves, Boltund fell on the spot and fainted along with Cursola. I called him back and whispered, "It's alright, you did amazing."

I smiled at Glaceon, "Dynamax time, partner." 'Ceon!' Glaceon jumped off my shoulders and took her position. "Okay, Gengar... My final pokemon... It's quite lonesome." Lucille shuddered at the sudden chill in the air, "Time to gigantamax." She murmured and threw a giant pokeball behind her. A Gengar rising from the ground, "Time to dynamax, Glaceon!" I called her back and threw the ball behind me also, then it all went by in slow motion.

The pokeball opened and what came from the ball was not a giant Glaceon, this creature had a tail made of ice and had lights glowing from it. Ice spikes grew out of its back and made up the material of its paws, the most notable feature was the creature's eyes. Its eyes were glowing blue and flurries of snow flew around in the light they emanated. This was a Gigantamaxed Glaceon. I tried to recall the story Mom told me and I smirked upon the remembrance.

"Glaceon, use G-Max Light Freeze!"

Everything became quiet and Glaceon roared out, sending ice spikes through the ground and towards Gengar.

Crack!

Crack!

A loud boom sounded and a bright blue light was shot out, I clamped my eyes shut at its brightness. When I opened them, I saw the entire battlefield was frozen and the Gengar was in a huge block of ice. My eyes were still narrowed because of the lights being shot into the ice, What a powerful attack!!

The move knocked out Gengar in a single turn and Glaceon turned back to her normal self, the crowd roared in cheers. Glaceon ran into my arms happily, "That was amazing, Glaceon!!"

"Wow, I never expected that. Trainer, you beat me so congratulations. You're one step closer to getting the badge, defeat Dwayne and you've done it." Lucille smiled and shook my hand, I nodded and left the gym.

Back to the lobby

I felt dizzy again once I saw the lights, the gym battlefield was quite dark and I wasn't used to the light. The relentless questions from my friends didn't help either, "H-hey can please stop?" My voice was quiet and unheard over their loud voices, man my head hurts.

I saw Milo rush up to me, "Hey can guys back up, (y/n) isn't looking too good." His gentle voice was heard over the questioning kids, I was really thankful for the peach haired farmer. My friends dispersed and left just me and Milo, "Hey, what happened?" My friend gave a worried look and entwined his hand with mine, walking me to where our friends were sat.

"The challenge got me all dizzy and the battlefield was dim, I guess it's just a rebound," I murmured back, leaning against Milo's side for support and He hummed in response. "Thanks a bunch for getting them to stop, it was making my head hurt a ton." I smiled slightly and looked up at him.

"It's nothing, you just looked really terrible and I couldn't not do anything." He sat me down on his lap once we got to the group, Glaceon sitting beside me. "Aww how sweet, (y/n) since when did you and Milo become a couple?" Nessa, the usual fangirl, cooed, I shrugged since I didn't feel like glaring at the black and blue haired girl.

"WAIT YOU ARE!?!" Gordie exclaimed, looking up from his Shuckle that was now very dapper with its top hat. "Uuuuh, we a-aren't d-d-dating." Milo stammered, I kinda wish we were, I sighed and leaned into Milo's chest, my eyes widened, what the hell am I thinking!? "Sure you aren't, (y/n) are you?" Raihan asked me.

"Huh, wha, no we aren't." I confirmed, Nessa got in my face and smirked, "You sure?" I couldn't lean back anymore into Milo's chest, Milo noticed this, "Nessa, please stop. You aren't helping." His voice held a small amount of anger in it, this was enough to know that he was getting annoyed with their antics. But, the aggression was surprising since I have only heard an even noticeable annoyance in his voice a few times. Nessa immediately went back to her seat, disappointed she couldn't get an answer from me.

After listening to their conversation, I started getting drowsy and Milo brushing his fingers through my (h/l) (h/c) hair only furthered the exhaustion. My eyes grew heavy and soon I couldn't fight the sleep relentlessly tugging my mind. Goodnight Milo and Glaceon.

Whew, another chapter, credits to @Gabixi_lwl for the idea starter on the fluff UwU. I hope you liked the chapter
L signing off

Quote of the chapter -
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living."
          - Dr. Suess