Chapter 28: Town of Magic

Your POV

I watched the fire and my thoughts roamed around my mind, then they came to one memory. I started to focus on that one thought, why is everything about me so fickle when it comes to this? I was fine until... That happened, ughh I should stop thinking about it. I wanted to think about something else but, I just couldn't. My mind found a way to get back to the same subject, no matter what I thought about.

"You okay? You seem to have a lot on your mind." I jumped at the sudden presence behind me, feeling a warm touch on my shoulder. "I guess that answers my question." I looked to the side, seeing the only other person traveling with me. " You want to talk about it?" The boy asked, an unreadable look on his face.

For once I couldn't see right through him, that scared me a little. "Not really..." My answer gave away the troubled feeling that overtook my mind, I gave a soft sigh and looked away. Great...

"Hey, it's okay. If it's about earlier, I didn't mind." As normal, he saw through me like thin air.

I huffed, "I know you don't mind, it's just.... I can't stop thinking about it. Like I want to think you don't mind but, my thoughts tell me otherwise." I poured out, staring into the fire as if it held some well hidden secret.

"Well, I'm not good at helping with this sort of thing... Sorry." Milo sighed, it sounded like he was extremely disappointed with himself because he couldn't help. He then got up and started picking up the camp.

Togepi and Glaceon came up to me, the ice type eeveelution had taken a liking to the young pokemon. 'Glaceon.' She had a happy gleam in her eyes, Togepi jumped onto my lap like a young toddler and squeaking joyfully. "Yes I know," I laughed, " hey we're leaving soon so Glaceon, can you go get everyone? " I let the other pokemon leave camp after setting a limit to where they can go, the eeveelution nodded and ran off.

'Togepi! ' The small pokemon squealed, I swear sometimes I feel like a mom to my pokemon but, I love all of them.  I smiled and scooped up Togepi, standing up once I saw the rest of my team. "Okay everyone, time to come back." I pulled out their pokeballs and returned each one, leaving out Glaceon and Togepi. I didn't want to keep Togepi in her pokeball because, I wanted her to grow past the ordeal with Axle and see things differently. Plus, I liked having her out, everything seems happier with her around.

"Hey, (n/n), time to get going." I heard my friend call, so I let Glaceon jump onto my shoulders and walk over to him. I smiled at the boy, Togepi copying my action like a young bird mimicking it's imprint and Glaceon squeaking joyfully at the boy. Milo smiled at us, "You three." He ruffled my (h/c) hair and Togepi gasped and puffed out her cheeks, Milo then sighed and ruffled Togepi's fur.

"I have a kid." I laughed, looking down at the pokemon in my arms with a bright smile. 'Togepi toge gepi!' She squealed out and my friend and I started off again, talking about random subjects the whole way.

"So, Milo, uhhh...." I looked away with a deep blush, the boy raised a brow and held a soft smile. Why can't I speak!? I asked myself, a frustrated look making it's way to my face.

Milo chuckled and as usual, he could tell what I wanted to say, "I don't think I'd ever hear a voice prettier than yours, that is what you wanted to ask?" I still looked away but gave a sideways glance, making a barely noticeable nod. "I hit the nail on the head, huh? If you're worried about that, don't I like everything about you." He smiled then I gave a confused look, Milo then realized what he said and it was like a light switch. "Aghhhh! That's not what I meant!" His face a tomato and you could feel the heat radiating from him, it was that flushed.

"I know what you meant, I didn't think of it that way." I wish he meant it that way..... WHAT THE HECK! WHY AM I THINKING THIS?! I sighed sadly then, my eyes became owlish and wide. The flush on Milo's face disappeared when he heard the sadness in my sigh, the shock fading from his eyes.

"What's on your mind?" He asked, I sighed and shook my head. Milo nodded and we continued on our way.

Time Skip

"Woah! Ballonlea is beautiful!" I gawked at the sheer beauty of the lit up town. Togepi gasped in attempt to copy me and squeaked out a jumble of noises, trying to say words but just not quite.

"Hey, (y/n), what's with the Togepi?" The voice belonged to Nessa, the girl walking up to us with Bea in tow.

"I rescued her from a terrible trainer," I smiled down at the young pokemon and Glaceon squeaked out something to me, "oh yeah, I totally wasted that guy! He deserved it." I stroked Glaceon's fur softly, earning a few squeals in happiness.

"No I meant, why is it mimicking you. But I want to hear that story afterwards." The blue and black haired girl voiced, Milo giggled from behind me and ruffled Togepi's head fur, earning a happy squeak.

"Apparently, Togepi has seen (y/n) as her uhhh... Mom? She's been like that since she was rescued from her previous trainer." Milo answered before I could,  picking up the little egg pokemon when she raised her arms.

"You sure you two aren't a thing?" Bea piped up and Milo and I looked at each other then back to Nessa and Bea.

"I'm sure we aren't, hehe." I said awkwardly, what is wrong with my voice!? I hated how I was unwillingly putting certain tones in my voice. Nessa gave a smirk but said nothing.

"Let's head to the gym now, shall we?"

Okay another chapter! I would've posted this earlier but I had a mini writer's block.... Anyways hope you enjoyed it.
L signing off