Part 17

Me and Joon get in the car to find all the boys waiting patiently. Some asleep and some on their phones.
It was quiet and for once slightly peaceful.

'I'm sorry' Taehyung says looking at his feet then up at me. I take a deep breath before speaking. 'It's ok. I know you didn't mean to shout. And I over reacted a bit. I was just shocked about what you had said.' 'I know I shouldn't have said it. It wasn't my responsibility to say it and you should have heard it from the boys separately.'

'Don't worry about.' He nods and thanks me. 'Why are you so nice to me?' 'It's my job to make sure you're not hurt physically but it's just human decency to make sure you're not hurt emotionally.'

We chat for a bit before the vehicle stops and we jump out and into the hotel. All the boys immediately fall asleep even though it's only 8pm. They must be so exhausted from the show so I let them be and didn't bother going into mine and Tae's room because I didn't want to wake him.

I decided to pass some time I would go explore a bit of the city. It's so cool at night with all the sparkly lights and people just enjoying themselves. It felt like an out of body experience just wondering around and going into a few shops.

It was common to find crowds standing around street performers but this time it felt different. There were a lot of rowdy people hyping up a street dancer. I join the crowd and watch as the girl and boy do some cool flips and tricks.

'Cool isn't it?' I familiar voice makes me jump from behind. I spin around quickly to see a man staring at the dancers. His eyes, which were only just visible past his mask and hat, snapped on to me. 'Hobi?' I whisper not to cause a scene or get any unwanted attention.

He laughs and carries on watching the dancers. The crowd continues to get rowdier and louder and without me noticing, Hobi had brought me close to his chest, protecting me from all the pushing and shoving. 'Let's get out of here.' He says while pulling me by the waist passed all the people.

'Where are we going?' I ask enjoying the unpredictable and spontaneous atmosphere. 'I wanna show you something.' He simply says as he picks up his pace. After a 10 minute speed walk we end up on a bridge.

'It's beautiful!' I shout trying to be heard over the traffic

'It's beautiful!' I shout trying to be heard over the traffic. He laughs. 'I come here every time I visit New York. The boys don't understand my love of this kind of place. But I do. I really love it. I love the freedom. I love people. I love just existing in the moment.' I smile understanding him. 'And, in this moment, there is one thing I wanna do more then anything.' His hot breath sends shivers down my spine as both our faces are close...