CHAPTER TWO

S A V A N N A H     P O V

The last couple of days I haven't been able to sleep much knowing that Mr Kennedy is getting his lawyers involved. I am walking towards the park so; Kenna could have some fun playing on the swings and the slide. I placed her in the swing then start to slowly push her. She is giggling. "Aster". She says in her sweet little voice. I made out I pushed her faster but really didn't. She is really enjoying herself. Every time she comes close to me, I would try to kiss her, she giggled. "I see she likes the swing". I hear a male voice. I turn to see my ex-boss. I stop the swing then take her out.

"Are you following me now?". My voice is harsh. I placed Kenna on my hip and pushed her buggy.

"Savannah, please". I stopped, looked back at him. He looked so out of place, stood with his expensive suit on.

"Please leave me alone". I carried on walking back home. I held my daughter tight in my arms. Now they are following me. I get back to my flat let myself in when I hear a familiar voice. "Chanel. It's good to see you". My sister is sitting on the steps waiting for me.

"Hey little sis, it's good to see you too". I opened the door, then pick up the mail from the floor. We walk into the lounge where I placed Kenna so, she could play with her toys. "I was hoping I could stay for a bit". I smiled.

"You know you can. You will have to sort the other room out. I have used to store Kenna's baby bits". She smiles.

"No problem". She sits on the floor with Kenna playing with her toys with her. I made coffee then look at my mail. I had reminders for a couple of bills. I took a deep breath then sit with my sister. A while later we had dinner then sit watching TV for a bit. There is a knock at the door. My sister looks at me.

"I will get it". I stand then walk to the door. I open it to see Mr Kennedy stood there. I went to close the door again but, he puts his foot in the way.

"I haven't come to fight. I just want to talk like adults". His hands are in his pockets I open the door wider for him to step in. My sister looks at him with wide eyes. I shook my head.

"Well, hello". My sister climbs over the sofa to shake his hand. "I'm Chanel, Savannah's older sister". She says I roll my eyes.

"Mr Joshua Kennedy". He shakes her hand then looks at me. Even my sister is looking at me making eyes then nodding discreetly to Kenna. She is asking me in her subtle way if he is the father. I shake my head she sits back down on the sofa. I made him a coffee. "Could we talk in private?". I nod.

"Chanel, could you take Kenna to my room for a few minutes please?". She nods picking up Kenna.

"Hey, sweetie". Mr Kennedy says to her she giggles. I watch them, enter my room the door close I turn to him. "I do not want to get lawyers involved. It would not be fair on you of my niece. All I want to do is take care of my brother's responsibilities. I have talked to him he doesn't care but, I do. He is wrong to leave you as he did he should have spoken to me about it but, he chose to carry on being a playboy. Savannah, I know you will not take any money but, all I ask is that I can be part of her life and if you do need anything I will get it". His calm approach is better than the way he acted a couple of days ago.

"I want to know just one thing?". He nods. "Why do you feel it's you need to pursue this, I mean she is only your niece". He runs his fingers through his hair.

"She is my niece, she is my brother's daughter. Cole wants nothing to do with her, I cannot sit back letting him get away with this. All through his life, he has never faced up to his responsibilities. He treats his life like a joke. I will not stand back knowing he has a daughter who is part of my family. My rage took over I got annoyed with you so, I did threaten you. I have spoken to the lawyers they advised me to try and keep it out of the courts they also said that if it is true and Cole is the father they would have to do a paternity test". I fold my arms...