CHAPTER TWENTY

S A V A N N A H   P O V

It is the day of the court hearing; Cole has not said a word in the last few hours. I am eight weeks pregnant having a little morning sickness which just drains me. Arrive at Kenna's nursery, the teacher wanted to speak to me about Kenna starting school in two months. Listening to what she had to say, thinking my baby girl is growing so fast. 

When I did finally leave, I met up with Chanel for a coffee before setting off to the court. Cole and Gable had a meeting with the lawyers. Then they are meeting us at the court. My stomach is in knots hoping Cole wins but, at the same time, I am worried what Joshua might do next. Chanel sits down opposite me. "Gable, never spoke a word this morning". She tells me. Looking down at my cup thinking about what the hell is going on.

"Cole is the same". Look at my sister, who looks upset too. "Chanel, just hope and pray they can win". Her hand clenches mine.

"Let's hope so". She replies. We finish our drinks, then leave. Walking towards the court, we could see a lot of media just waiting for that story. Chanel hooks my arm while we push our way through to the court entrance. We enter the building to see Cole and Gable stood with a team of lawyers talking. Glance around my eyes look straight at Joshua who is staring at me. He smirks, then walks into the courtroom with Pierce. 

Cole steps towards me taking my hand kissing me gently then we proceed to walk into the courtroom. We all take our seats. Cole and Gable sitting with his lawyers. Joshua and Pierce with their team of lawyers. Chanel holds my hand while we wait for the hearing to start. Cole looks over at me, I could see he is angry with the whole situation. Leaning forward he kisses my cheek then the clerk asks us all to stand for the judge to enter the room. When she enters we all sit quietly while she is reading over the paperwork.

Joshua kept looking over at Cole making suggestions with his hands plus smiling at him. Cole never bites back which is what Joshua wanted him to do. Sit waiting for the argument to start but, all the judge does is shakes her head. She looks up from her desk looking at both parties then shaking her head. "It is beyond me why a family is filled with so much hatred to one another". She pauses for a while just looking at both parties. "Well, I would like to hear both arguments. Shall we begin". She nods to Cole's lawyers. His lawyer stands with a paper in his hand reading to the judge.

"My client is only here because of what his brother is trying to do. The facts, in this case, are clear that the parents left all possessions and assets to all four sons". The judge nods. "Therefore, the will is ironclad, and the business cannot be demised. The four brothers have equal shares in this billion-pound business but, Mr Joshua Kennedy wants the full rights to take over". The other Lawyer stands up.

"My client just wants what is rightfully his". My god, Joshua is not going to stop. "My client is the head of the family and thinks that it is in the best interest of the company if he takes over has the sole CEO". Cole looks over at his two brothers shaking his head. Gable looked shocked just like Cole does.

"My clients will contest against the proposal. The last will and testament of their late parent's state that all four boys would have an equal share. There is also a clause in the condition of the shares which I would like to share with you". Joshua gasps and whispers to his lawyers.

"I have no recollect of this clause they have mentioned". Joshua's lawyers are now looking through all the paperwork to find this clause that Cole's lawyer has clearly gone through with a fine-tooth comb. The judge looks over at Joshua then at Cole.

"Do you need more time?". She asks Joshua's lawyers... He whispers to them.

"Please your honour". They reply.