CHAPTER FIFTEEN

S A V A N N A H     P O V

We arrive at the court steps media everywhere waiting to ask questions to get that perfect photo. I did not expect this case to be so high profiled but, Josh is from a well-known family plus he is known for his shady business deals. Cole pulls me tight to him, snakes his arm around my waist, shielding me from the cameras. We enter the building meeting up with our lawyer seeing Josh all smug with his hand in his pockets. 

Cole makes fists pulls on his hand to look at me he takes me in his embrace kissing me resting his chin on my head staring at his brother with hate. "I hate him for doing this". Push slightly away from him to see his face. "All he ever did is think of himself no one else. One day Pierce will see him for who he truly is evil thinking he can have whatever he wants. I tell him now he will not be taking my daughter". Cole spits with rage, his whole body tensed with hate.

"Cole, you need to keep your cool. Kenna, needs you to keep calm". He cups my cheeks, glances over at Josh, his eyes burning with hate when he looks down at me the hate is gone his lips descend to kiss me. Takes my hand we enter the courtroom following our team of lawyers to the desk, Cole and I sit holding hands waiting. 

We could hear Josh making snide remarks trying to get under Cole's skin squeezing his hand he looked at me smiled. The judge enters the room we all stand to wait for him to sit before sitting. Josh's lawyer starts with his opening speech preaching that I am an unfit mother for allowing my daughter to live the way she does. Our lawyer stands to do his opening speech telling them how money is not everything a child needs, love and a mother. The judge looked over at us his eyes move over to where Josh is sitting. The lawyers carry on battling against each other not naming our daughter just merely calling her a child. It will all come out in the open all of it.

"Cole gave up his parental responsibilities". Josh shouts while his lawyer is talking.

"No, I did not. You tried to force me to sign that god damn piece of paper. I would not that is why we are here". Cole shouts back. I am trying to get him to sit the judge shakes his head.

"I will have order in my court". The judge shouts making Josh sit Cole sits shaking his head.

"He is going to try every tactic he can". He whispers to me. My eyes wonder looking over at Josh whispering to Pierce. Sit listening to the lawyers battle it out for quite some time before breaking to lunch. Stand with Cole he takes my hand we walk back out to the corridor our lawyers going to lunch. We grab something small not wanting to leave the court for fear the media would mob us. Josh is lapping it all up talking to the media feeding his ego. Sitting on the bench waiting Josh enters the building walks past us with a smirk. I stand he looks directly at me, Cole takes my hand, stands beside me.

"You will be eating your words. I will not let you win". My harsh tone makes him lose his smile.

"That makes two of us. You think you are so smug doing this to me, putting Savannah through hell. You will not win Savannah is right". Put my arm around Cole Josh walks off not saying a word his whole attitude had changed. Cole turns his eyes looking into mine deeply. "I am ready if you are ready?". Smiling taking his hand.

"The same words you said five years ago". His face lights up we clasp hands follow our lawyers again, but we have smiles on our lips.

***********************

We sit listening again to the lawyers go on the judge looked over at us we smiled we did not stop smiling. Josh is getting irate with the lawyers battling it out. Mr Dudley starts talking. "My clients have a stable home for the child they are both the child's biological parents who share a mutual agreement. They both love the child in question". The other lawyer stands up starts talking.