CHAPTER EIGHT

S A V A N N A H    P O V

We have just had lunch so; I cleaned up the mess we had made. Chanel is sitting at the kitchen counter with Kenna sitting on the counter. She is trying to teach Kenna something with her hands, some sort of clapping game. I kept glancing at them because they are both laughing. Kenna keeps shaking her head telling Chanel she is a silly Auntie Chanel, I would laugh. 

There is a knock at the door. I looked at the time two on the dot. Knowing Joshua always kept to his timing. When I answered the door to see Zak stood there is a total surprise. "Where the hell is she?". He screams as he barges past me, knocking me off my feet. I get up slamming the door closed then rush to Kenna. Chanel stands in front of Kenna, hiding her from him. I step in front of Chanel looking at Zak who looks like a crazed animal.

"Zak, get out of my house or I will call the police". I tell him through gritted teeth. He is snarling at me, making fists with his hands. Chanel picks up Kenna then edges towards my bedroom while I stop Zak from getting any closer. Chanel runs to my room locks the door Zak then punches me I went flying to the floor. I could hear him banging on the door, shouting abuse at my sister. I just picked up the nearest thing to me, which was a broom. I hit him, then he lunges at me again.

"Savannah, keep out of it". He yells with a snarl. I yell back then there is another knock at the door. He lets me go. I rush to open the door to see Joshua stood there with a shocked look on his face he could hear Zak yelling at my sister. He pushes past me to grab Zak by the scruff then punches him he goes down not to get back up. He is out cold. Joshua steps in front of me lifting my chin he shakes his head then sits me down.

"Who is that asshole?". He asks while getting warm water then looking in all my cupboards for something to wipe the blood from my lips.

"Chanel's ex-boyfriend. He used to use her as a punching bag. I told her to get out before he killed her". I tell him. He found the first aid box then cleaned my lip up.

"Where is Kenna?". I could see the concern on his face.

"She is safe. Locked in my room with Chanel. I looked down at Zak who is still out cold. I flinched when he put antiseptic on my lip. He laughs.

"Your lip will hurt for a while, I would recommend not smiling so, it heals". He looks into my eyes as he talks to me. Then for a few seconds, he gazes into my eyes not taking his eyes off me. I don't know what happened it felt like we are pulling towards each other. I blinked he smiled then put everything away. I went to find out if Kenna and my sister are okay while Josh took care of Zak. I sit on the bed looking at my sister in a daze she is smiling at me after I told her what had just happened between Joshua and me. I had to shake my head to bring me out of my daydream.

"Savannah, you like him". She says in her jolly voice I am shaking my head in disagreement. She is nodding. I look at Kenna then take her little hand.

"Uncle Joshua is here to see you". Her beautiful face lights up. We walk out to the lounge where he is stood with his hand in his trouser pocket. He smiles at me My cheeks feel hot from blushing. Kenna runs over to him he picks her up giving her a big cuddle she giggles. I sit in the kitchen just watching them. My sister looks at him.

"I want to thank you for taking care of Zak". She says to him.

"No worries"... He says then carries on talking to Kenna. I went changed into my painting clothes then went into Kenna's room to start again. I looked around thinking that this room is going to take me ages to do. I poured some paint into the roller tray then took the roller, rolled it through the paint then placed on the wall. I had got on to the third wall when Josh pops his head around the door. "Kenna's asleep on the sofa". He informs me.