CHAPTER NINE

S A V A N N A H     P O V

Last night I could not sleep thinking about how Josh kissed me. I wanted him but; it felt wrong. I had been with his brother Cole, who just happens to be the father of my daughter. I am also so, confused. Had it been just an urge like he said?. Or had it been something more?. This is confusing me. My body wanted him so badly but, it would have made things awkward if it had gone any further. 

What if he felt the same way?. He is the one that kissed me first. His hands smoothing over my half naked body then squeezing my tits; I wanted to moan with pleasure from his gentle touch; I held myself back, knowing what we are doing is wrong in so many ways. I sighed aloud; my sister looks at me with that smug grin of hers. 

Shake my head and carry on eating lunch. Josh said last night that he would be over to help finish decorate Kenna's room. I had a feeling he will not come from the embarrassment of what we did. I looked at Kenna while she sits eating her lunch. She is the one I worry about; she is my main priority, the one that needs to be protected. My eyes then gaze at my sister when we hear a knock at my door. She stands with that look upon her face; it is like she knows. I keep a straight face while she answers the door. 

I look over my shoulder to what is taking my sister so, long then she walks back with a huge bouquet of red roses. "You must have made a good impression on your date". I say to her. She stares at me shaking her head then hands me the card. 

My eyes open wide with a surprising shock. The card is from Josh apologising for the night before. He had even written the card himself. 'Savannah. I must apologise again for my action last night. I never intended to push myself on you as I did. You are an unbelievably beautiful woman. My impulse took over my body so, I found myself in a situation that I could not control. I do hope this does not change our friendship. I enjoy your company plus spending quality time with my niece. Once again, I am sorry. I will see Kenna on my next visiting day. Yours Josh'. My sister hands me the flowers I look at them they are beautiful.

"I think you made the impression". She says then laughs. I find a big vase to put them in, all twenty-four of them. The scent filled the air, they are not cheap roses, not with the scent that filled the room. Stood back to admire them; they are gorgeous. I stared at them thinking about what Josh had written on the small card. 

He had apologised last night for his actions yet; he is apologising again. He does act like a gentleman sometimes. I shook my head walk to my room to change into my painting gear I had to finish Kenna's room. I start to paint again while Chanel watched Kenna for me. My mind not focusing much on what I had to do. I had my phone in my hand with Josh's number staring me in the face. I pushed the door closed then phoned him. I took a deep breath put the roller down waited for him to answer.

"Savannah". His soft voice making me weak at the knees.

"I just wanted to say thank you for the beautiful flowers. You really didn't have to do that". My voice is soft I could hear him take a deep breath.

"I had to apologise. It was ungentlemanly of me to have done what I did". He pauses. "I will see Kenna in a few days. Thank you for calling". I wanted to say something but, nothing would come out. The image of Josh's half-naked body is now on my mind I licked my lips.

"Josh, you have not got to keep apologising. I am to blame too. If I didn't kiss you back it wouldn't have gotten as far as it did". I lean up against the door waiting for his response.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, I am the one that kissed you". His soft voice is making me melt like water. "Savannah, I will see you when I come to visit Kenna". I could hear the sorrow in his voice for what he had done.