CHAPTER THREE

S A V A N N A H   P O V

I am on my way to drop Kenna off to her Uncle. I needed to sort out having extra days at the nursery so I would not have to rely on other people to watch her for me. I step into the elevator pushed the button for the eighteenth floor. I look down at Kenna in her buggy. I hope I am doing the right thing?. I keep questioning myself. The doors open, I push her out to have everyone watching me. I carried on walking to Mr Kennedy's office. I glanced at Miss Goody, who had a look of surprise on her face. I walked over to the door, then knock. "Come in". I glanced around, looking at all the confused faces. I open the door then walk in. I looked over to where Kenna's uncle is sitting. He smiled. I closed the door as he walks towards me, then bends down to take his niece out of her buggy. "There is my little angel". He says to her while taking her coat off.

"Are you sure you don't mind?". I am nervous about asking him but, I need this job.

"I am sure. We are going to have some fun. I am going to show her around". He says while looking at her. I smiled then turn. I am about to open the door when Cole walks in. He looks at me with such a sour look. I shake my head. Then he looks at his brother.

"So, you got my brother to believe you". He spits at me. I look at my daughter, then back at Cole.

"Do not shout around my daughter". I tell him through gritted teeth. Joshua looks over at Cole.

"Cole. Savannah didn't make me believe anything". Cole shoots him a cold look then he stares at me.

"I told you I didn't want anything to do with you. You are just a bitch". I was not going to take his shit.

"You have no right to be a father. You are a selfish arrogant bastard. I wish Kenna had a different father. All you ever wanted to do is fuck me. I wish I had never met you". I am harsh with my words plus I am poking him with my finger. He smirks.

"If you didn't open you fucking legs then none of this would have happened. You fucking tried to trap me, telling me you were pregnant. You are nothing but a whore". I punched him.

"Cole, I cannot believe what I have just heard you say. You have a lot of growing up to do". Joshua is still holding Kenna tight in his arms. I look over to him.

"I knew this would be a bad idea. I should never have come". They both look at me. Cole is wiping the blood from his mouth. Joshua shakes his head. "Cole, you are right she is not your daughter". I walked over to Kenna taking her out of Joshua's arms. He looks at me with a sad look. "She is not Cole's daughter". I tell him then take my daughter. Cole would never face the fact that he is her father so, the best thing to do is to tell him he is right that way they will stay away. I put Kenna in her buggy.

"I told you Josh but, you just had to push it. That is not my child". Cole shouts. I open the door then leave. I am not going to let my daughter be used as a pawn. She is my baby. I shook my head when everyone looked at me. I get to the elevator when Joshua walks over to me. All the girls are staring at him.

"Savannah, please just let me watch her while you work. I promise I will take care of her". He is pleading with me. Why is he being like this?.

"Okay. I will be back around three. She has everything she needs in her bag. Please do not let Cole near her". He nods then takes the buggy I kiss her then leave.

*******************************

I am at the restaurant serving tables when I saw my sister walk past the window. She looked in a bad way like she had been beaten up. I carried on with my shift. When two-thirty came I left to go collect my daughter. I am in the elevator going to Mr Kennedy's office. What am I going to do?. I can't expect Joshua to keep coming to see Kenna when I told him that Cole is right. I needed to find a way to stop him from visiting her. I step out of the elevator then walk towards the door which is open.