CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

C O L E    P O V

Two months we have been attending the court counselling, talking about how we feel about each other. All we got from Joshua is bullshit he never thought about anyone but himself. Savannah is sixteen weeks pregnant which is noticeable but she looks amazing, still radiant. Gable and I are on our way to another meeting to hear Joshua's bullshit come out of his mouth. 

How my brother got so cold is beyond me, the way he talks the way he acts he is greedy just blatantly greedy wanting everything to be his. Even my wife, who I tried to protect since the day we married. Savannah is always in my thoughts regret is what I have for her being alone to bring my daughter Kenna up but it was a choice we both made to protect her. And it is a decision I would do over if it meant she is safe. 

Joshua has not spoken about us having another child, but I bet you he is thinking of a way to take his revenge out on us. Pull into the car park. Parking up, Gable looks at me. "Will he ever change?". He asks shaking my head we step out making our way to the room we had to meet in.

Entering the room seeing Pierce sitting waiting, but no Joshua yet. "Pierce". Nodding at him while sitting facing him, he smiles takes a sip from his take away cup. Gable sits next to me we waited for a few minutes but no Joshua. Looking down at my watch knowing he is late the door opens he strolls in all smug looking.

"Bet you thought I would not come". His harsh voice sounding sinister. Taking his seat he unbuttons his jacket leans back in the chair acting all smug. "I guess we should start". His voice making me feel irate with the way he is just saying it like he had no care in the world. He pats Pierce on the shoulder but the look he gives Joshua makes Gable and me sit up to take note that Joshua has pissed him off. Look over at the woman waiting for us to start while she takes notes she looks at each of us.

"I need you to tell me about your parents. What was it like growing up together". Glance at Gable he sits forward.

"I am the second youngest. You will know from our previous conversations that I am more the shy brother. I like to keep to myself but growing up with two older brothers is no picnic". Listening to him talk made me realise that our parents loved us all the same way but they shadowed Gable for some reason that I have no idea why. "My parents were loving fun outgoing showed us all love but having Joshua and Pierce older than me they picked on me from an early age. Mum would watch them telling them they should not treat me any different". Gable takes a deep breath. "It started when I had to go into hospital mum was carrying Cole at the time. I had been extremely ill to the point my parents thought they were going to lose me. I did die for a few minutes well; I was pronounced clinically dead before they brought me back. I could not breathe properly my lung had clasped my heart failed they put me on the donor list. Mum stayed every night with me till the day they found a heart that was the day mum had Cole. My little brother was born and I had a new heart". Hearing all this not actually knowing why Gable had been the way he is they never told me I never asked about the scar he had either. 

Look over at Joshua he smirks Pierce looked upset with himself while Gable talked. "My mum carried Cole to see me when he was just an hour old. My father stood staring down at me laying in the bed with tubes everywhere Cole laid beside me but it was how my little brother's hand grabbed my finger not letting go my heartbeat at that moment picked up to the speed it was meant to have been. My mother and father smiled telling me I was special and that I need to look after him". Place my hand on his shoulder he smiles at me. "When I got home Joshua and Pierce would tease me because I could not do anything but rest for a couple of months. They hated me plus they hated Cole. Every time Cole cried mum would sit with me placing Cole on my lap he would instantly go quiet". Smiling remembering how Gable would save me from Joshua and Pierce when they would be nasty to me.