CHAPTER FOUR

S A V A N N A H    P O V

It is the day Kenna is due at the hospital to have her blood taken. My sister is with me giving me support we could see Cole with his three brothers plus their team of lawyers. I sit with Kenna on my lap, telling her a story from her book she had wanted to bring. I did see Joshua look at us a few times but; I took no notice of him, nor did Kenna. The nurse stepped into the waiting room calling for Kenna plus Cole. Their lawyer followed him, then a clerk from the court followed us close behind. I didn't acknowledge the brothers at all. Kenna is gripping my shirt, not wanting to let go. "Mummy, no". It broke my heart I could not contain my tears.

"Come on, baby. I will be right here with you". I had to wipe my tears away. I could not handle them doing this to someone so young. Kenna is still fighting. In the end, I had to have her on my lap. Closed my eyes I could not watch how they are hurting my baby. I did feel anger. My daughter starts to sob, which makes me look down at her. "Mummy is still here". I looked over at Cole, who is looking devastated with what is happening. He glimpses at us with a strained smile. I wanted to smack that smile right off his goddamn face.

 When they had finally got a tube of blood, I cuddled her so tight I sobbed with her. I walked back out to my sister. I looked over to Joshua, who looked upset. "I hope you are happy now. Just stay away from us". I spit at them.

"Well, the truth will come out now. We will all know how much of a whore you really are". Cole is smiling.

"You won't be smiling when you find the truth out". I shout back at him. We sit waiting for the clerk to give us permission to leave. Kenna is still sobbing her little heart out.

"Mummy it hurts". She is tugging at my heart. I glanced over at Joshua who rubs his face.

"I know baby. The pain will go soon". I kissed her then cradled her like a baby, rocking her. She did finally fall to sleep. I look at her beautiful face while she slept. The clerk approached us.

"You may leave. You will get the results in a few days". I smiled then my sister and I leave. I had Kenna in my arms sleeping, I carried her all the way home. They had done the unthinkable to this little girl she is my little girl. I felt lousy, upset for allowing this to happen but, I had no choice. I couldn't understand what they think they are achieving by doing this. 

All they will find out is that Cole has a daughter that is does not want in his life and that is fine by me. I laid Kenna in her bed then sit looking at her little arm with a plaster on. I just hope it doesn't make her scared to go in a hospital or even fear needles. I smoothed her hair then walk out to the kitchen to have a hot drink. My sister hugs me then I breakdown crying.

"That had to have been the most heart wrenching thing that Kenna had to go through". I sobbed.

"Savannah, have you thought about what they might do when the tests come back?". I look at her.

"They will have a shock. Cole will have the biggest shock. From the day I told I was pregnant he did not believe me". I take my cup then sit on the sofa.

"What happens if Uncle Joshua takes it further?". I shoot my sister a look.

"If they do that, I have no means to fight them in court. They have won before it's even started". I bowed my head; Chanel sits beside me.

"I know you love your daughter but, they have the means to look after her plus the are billionaires. Savannah, you cannot compete or even have a chance of winning". She is right I needed to make the most of what I have because I know they will take me to court. I sighed then drink my tea. 

My sister sits with me for a while before Kenna woke up. We then played for a little while then had dinner. The evening came fast I am once again ready to go to sleep. I laid in my bed staring into the darkness listening to Kenna sleeping. Her little snores that she does put a smile on my lips. I roll to my side then fall asleep.