CHAPTER SIX

S A V A N N A H    P O V

I feel like such a fool crying over what Cole did to me. This is my daughter's birthday, so I need to be the strong person I have been for the past three and a half years. I wiped my eyes, composed myself, and sauntered into the kitchen. The girls looked at me with a smile. "Kenna, are you ready for a birthday cake?" I shout over to her. Gable glimpses over at me, then Kenna, who wants him to pick her up.

He picks her up. Chanel gets the cake ready. I pour another glass of wine for us girls, then light the candles. Gable sits Kenna at the table with her two friends. Joshua and Pierce stand behind Kenna to help her. We were about to sing when I heard a knock at the door. I looked at Chanel, placed my glass on the counter, and stepped towards the door. I opened it, to my surprise. Cole was standing there with a gift for his daughter. "What the hell are you here for?" I look over my shoulder to see Josh and Pierce staring at Cole.

I am so fucking blind. I stepped back, opening the door wider so Cole could come in. Closed the door, and my sister looked at me, shocked. I roll my eyes and walk back to Kenna. Anne and Jules are staring at Cole. They glance at me, then back at Cole. "That is Cole," I whisper to them. They gulp, then look at each one of the brothers.

"He is something to look at," Anne says, then leaves her mouth slightly agape. I shake my head. We started to sing happy birthday; Kenna had the sweetest smile. She blew out the candles. I cut the cake so they could have a slice each. Put the rest of the cake in the fridge. A while later, her friends left with Anne and Jules. I cleaned up while Cole tried to play happy family with his daughter.

I stood in the kitchen watching Kenna, her beautiful smile brightening the room. She stood in front of Cole; he didn't know how to act around her. He stands up and then walks towards me. Chanel leaves me and then wanders over to sit in the lounge. Cole stands with his hands in his pockets, staring at me. "If you have come to argue, you can leave now," I tell him. He looks down at the floor and then back at me.

"Savannah, I am sorry for calling you a whore." I fold my arms, waiting for whatever else he says. "I am too young to be a father. I am not ready, so I have given Josh permission to take on my responsibility of providing for her." He is still staring at me.

"Do you all think she is some sort of possession you can just hand around? She is a little girl." My voice is now loud. My sister picks up Kenna to take to her room. Josh, Gable and Pierce walk over to me. "Kenna is not some prize you can hand off to someone else. She is my daughter, and all of you have no idea how to treat her like a human." Cole's face changes shape.

"Savannah, you should watch what you say. I will take your precious little girl from you." Cole is now showing his true colours and warning me. His brothers step forward, placing their hands on his shoulders.

"So, now you are threatening me again." I take a deep breath.

"I will tell the court how unfit you are to be a mother." I slapped him and stumbled back into the cupboard, catching my mouth on the open door. Joshua pushes Cole to the floor, and Gable and Pierce pick him up off the floor.

"Cole, why the hell would you hit a woman?" Josh asks him angrily, his hands still making fists, his face showing Cole how angry he is. He shrugs his shoulders and then straightens himself up. Josh steps towards me with a soft, sorrowful expression. I put my hands up to stop him.

"He didn't hit me. I stumbled, catching my mouth on the open door." I took a breather briefly, but my anger was still there. "Get the fuck out of my house," I yell at them.

"Savannah, I am sorry for the way Cole acted." Pierce says, looking disgusted at what his brother has done.

"Save it, Pierce. I do not want to see any of you." I stepped to the sink to get a cold, damp towel to put on my face where I could feel the pain. I had my back to them. I couldn't believe I lost my balance and was trembling, trying to fight back my tears. I turn to look at them with hate. "If you think I would let my daughter near an animal like you, you can think again. You are not the man I thought you were... Now get out." I screamed at Cole. He shook his head and stormed out the door, slamming it behind him. I glanced at his brothers, waiting for them to leave. They looked at Josh, who nodded they left. Josh's expression tells me how sorry he is. His soft blue eyes saddened.