Ch. 1

I give my thanks to the wonderful WaokeVale for creating yet another beautiful piece of art for me.

Remus fell back into Roman's arms. "Wh-What just--" Remus stammered. Patton shakily ran past them and out of the kitchen, taking his knife with him.

"REMUS!" Deceit screamed, running over to him.

Oh.

He had been stabbed.

"That cowardly little bitch!" Remus laughed, blood flying out of his mouth. He looked up when he realized no one was laughing with him. "Uh, why the long faces?"

"You were just stabbed in the stomach!" Deceit exclaimed, frantically pressing his hands against the wound.

"But no injuries are permanent, remember?" Remus asked, confused.

"No injuries you cause are permanent, Remus!" Roman barked, desperately trying to support Remus' weight.

"Oh." Remus said, paling dramatically. "Well, that certainly changes things."

"Stop talking." Logan ordered. "We need to transfer him to my room, I could disinfect and stitch it up there."

"Don't worry about me!" Remus said, though everything was beginning to look a little blurry. "You gotta stop Patton--he's getting away!"

"Forget about Patton, and I told you to stop talking!" Logan barked. "Remus, Roman is going to lift you onto his back. Is that okay? Just nod or shake your head."

Remus rolled his eyes, before nodding dramatically. He instantly regretted it when he nearly fainted.

"Remus?!" Roman exclaimed.

"Calm down, Ro." Remus scoffed. "Just got a little dizzy. Getting stabbed is a real turn on, y'know? Really makes the blood pump--"

"Stop talking! I'm not going to tell you again!" Logan snapped. Remus shot Logan the most sarcastic look he could muster.

Virgil was frozen with terror at the kitchen door. There was blood. So much blood. Virgil felt like he was gonna puke. He staggered, pressing a hand against the door to balance himself.

He didn't know what to do. He really wanted to help, but he found his legs wouldn't move.

Remus was lifted up on Roman's back. "Oh, Ro! You're my knight in shining--" Remus stopped to spit out some blood that clawed it's way up his throat. "--armour!"

"Stop talking!"

"Make me, daddy!"

"Remus," Deceit whimpered, causing Remus to shift his attention to him. "Are you going to be okay?"

"Aww, don't worry about me! A little stab never killed nobody!" Remus giggled, causing wet coughs to force their way out of his throat.

They slowly made their way out of the kitchen.

"If you die, I'm never going to forgive you. You know that?" Roman spat as he began climbing the stairs.

"Oh, well then I should probably mention that everything is getting a little...fuzzy." Remus murmured, resting his head on Roman's back.

"He's losing too much blood!" Logan exclaimed. "Go faster!"

"I'm going as fast as I can!" Roman barked back.

Remus giggled softly. "You guys sounded like you were having sex." He muttered, eyes slipping closed. He went limp against Roman's back.

"Remus?" Roman asked. He scowled when he got no response. "If that's the last thing you ever say to me, I'm going to be very pissed off!"

Virgil suddenly felt an intense rush of panic coming from next to him. "Deceit?" He asked.

Deceit tried to steady his breathing. "I-I can't--"

"Hey, hey, Deceit. In for four, hold for seven, out for eight. Can you do that?" Virgil asked. He demonstrated. "Just breathe for me, Dee. Remus is going to be okay."

"I'm sorry--"

"It's okay, just breathe."

Roman finally made it to the top of the stairs. They quickly rushed to Logan's room.

Logan snapped, and an operating table was instantly in the middle of his room.

Roman placed Remus on the operating table as gently as he could, making sure to support his neck.

"Take his shirt off." Logan ordered, grabbing a pair of latex gloves.

"I am so glad Remus isn't awake for this." Roman mumbled, obeying Logan's command.

"I'll have to ask you to leave." Logan told them all. "That includes you as well, Roman."

"What?! Why?!" Roman exclaimed.

"You'll break my focus!" Logan replied impatiently. "Go!"

Roman groaned loudly, but followed the others out of the room.

---

"Oh my god. Oh my god." Deceit gasped, bowler hat in his left hand while he used his right to grab at his hair.

"Just calm down, Deceit. Logan knows what he's doing." Virgil told him softly. Roman noticed that Virgil was holding Deceit's bloodstained gloves.

Remus' blood.

"I'm going to kill him." Roman sneered, summoning his sword again.

"Roman," Virgil sighed, jumping up and placing his hands on Roman's arms. "We need you here. Remus needs you here."

"Remus wouldn't need me if Patton hadn't--" Roman took a deep breath. "He needs to pay."

"I agree, but that can wait." Virgil told him gently. "You know I'm right."

"I'm gonna pass out." Deceit gasped, sliding down the wall. Unfortunately, Virgil and Roman didn't hear him.

"You're always right." Roman sighed. "And I'm always--" He waved his hands around, gesturing to the idea of what he wanted to say.

"Well, I don't know what that means but I get the feeling it isn't true." Virgil hummed, smirking playfully.

Roman huffed. "I just wish I could have done more." Roman shivered as he felt Remus' blood run down his back and chest.

"You did so much, Princey. I know you always strive to be the beat, but there was nothing more you could do. And besides, I'm the one who should be saying that." Virgil huffed.

"What do you mean?"

"I just stood there. I didn't--" Virgil shook his head. "That's not important right now. Remus is going to pull through. That idiot is too stupid to die. Death probably doesn't want him." Virgil snorted.

"Yeah, you're right." Roman chuckled. "Thanks, Emo." He gave Virgil a soft smile.

Virgil blushed, suddenly recalling who he was talking to and where his hands were.

He quickly removed his hands from Roman's arms, averting his eyes. "Uh, yeah. Don't mention it."

"We should still think up a plan for stopping Patton." Roman said, somehow oblivious to how flustered Virgil had become.

"Yeah. Deceit knows him the best out of all of us." Virgil pointed out. "Do you any weaknesses of his, Deceit?"

They both turned to see Deceit slumped against the wall.

"Deceit!" Virgil exclaimed, rushing over to him.

"Is he okay?! Was he injured?!" Roman asked frantically.

"No, he fainted." Virgil released a breath. Roman sighed. "I think we'll have to wait on the plan."

A/N:

Alright! Sequel time! This came earlier than expected, huh?